PDA

View Full Version : Help with Manic Panic

MidnightMoon
October 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I quit dyes about a year and a half ago but now I sorta feel the urge to change my look for a while so I though of dying my hair with manic panic vampire red. I still have light brown sorta blondish hair from my neck to my hip and dark drown hair which is my natural color. Ill be traveling to my birth country, russia for winter vacations so I wanted to do it then, when I wont be at work.

Anyways...i heart it bleeds a lot and stains peoples faces and such so I was wondering if anyone here uses this sort of dyes and what do they thik about it...I mean, will it really like drip on my face even in middle of winter? Or when exactly will it bleed? In the shower? Because if thats the case I wouldnt worry, id just have to wash my hair pulling my head back with cool water plus I only was once or twice a week. I guess thats all I appreciate any help provided...and Im sorry about the whole text block im writing this from my phone

bunnylake
October 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I used it once and it didn't bleed at all!

hendrickx
October 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I think it's just in the dying process that you need to worry about it bleeding.

sparrowswing
October 24th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I think the biggest issue with the color bleeding is related to toweling off your hair after washing the first time or two after coloring. Manic Panic doesn't last very long, so to keep it consistent you need to apply it almost weekly (depending on your hair). If you're using a white towel, it'll probably be pink by week two or three.

You might have similar problems if you're wearing a white shirt right after coloring. I've never known anyone to have problems with it bleeding onto their skin, but I guess if some of the dye got on you and you just left it there for a while it would probably stain.

If it does seem extra drippy, maybe wrap your hair with cling wrap after application like the henna-heads do?

MidnightMoon
October 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your answers girls, and sorry again for the typos. Hah I thought by bleeding on skin they meant that if they sweat or something they end up covered in that color.
I dont mind it fading though, thats my aim since Ill be on vacation for 3 weeks only.

HereIGrowAgain
October 24th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I just put in on my daughter's hair. It only bleeds when it's wet. It has been cool here, so she hasn't sweated while wearing it, but I have heard (firsthand) of people having it run when they sweat.

ETA: Maybe just dip-dye the ends? Manic Panic takes several weeks to fade out completely...

Miss Catrina
October 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I used it once and didn't experience that. My hands would get a tint to them if I played with my hair too much, but I never got purple drips or imprints on my face. Only negative thing was that it turned my scalp BRIGHT purple.

MidnightMoon
October 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Alright, I guess Ill have to give it a try to see how it works out. Ill try to be as careful as possible when applying it and follow the compliation of onstructions Ive receive from here and the internet :P

Miss Catrina
October 24th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Alright, I guess Ill have to give it a try to see how it works out. Ill try to be as careful as possible when applying it and follow the compliation of onstructions Ive receive from here and the internet :P

Make sure to use Vaseline or something similar on the skin around your hairline to avoid cheetah spots on your forehead and neck!

dragonfly90
October 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I used the vampire red and it bled like CRAZY! I wouldn't recommend that one. Everytime a took a shower it stained the shower and got all over my towel.