PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Curlfectionist on her LHC Anniversary

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 10:59 AM
Well, it's been a year. How time flies, and all that. But, to the point...

I. I would like to thank you, each and every one of you ladies and gentlemen, for the invaluable advice and support. I have never seen a nicer web-based community than TLHC, and I am happy to be part of it.

II. Is "curlfectionist" a word? I tried curl-perfectionist, but it's too long. (Can you tell I am a perfectionist? :p) Anyway, it describes my attitude towards my own hair perfectly. I am very rarely satisfied with it, which is why I cut it away my progress twice since August 2007! Without those cuts, my progress would be much better - as it is, my hair is still only a bob, but at least not the pixie I was sporting last summer.

III. You can read my blog entry ("Back to Basics") about my routine, which is, again, plain ole' S&C every other to every third day, and conditioning in between. I have tried so many things I cannot even remember them all since I joined, and basics seem to work better than alternative wash methods. I realized it doesn't really matter whether I use coneful or conefree stuff, but I need good quality moisturizing conditioners from both groups. I am also one of those people who need to rinse and condition daily, no matter what. (That's still better than the daily shampoos, fine-tooth comb, and brushing I used to subject my hair to in my pre-LHC days!! :shudder:)

IV. A word to perfectionists, fine-haired people, and those who never had long hair and don't think they have much chance to ever have it. I am still a short-haired person, but not a shorthair. I know that doesn't suit me, I enjoy my hair better every day as I can feel it move more freely around my face and neck. I have also made peace with the fineness of my hair. I used to think it's not worth having long hair if my hair is not of the luxurious thickness of a Gibson-girl's coiffure. Well, I was wrong. Fine hair can be beautiful, it has been a key motivation for me to look at photo albums of F/ii people here on TLHC. If they could do it, so can I.

Now, to pictures. The daft sheep I am, I deleted my first siggy pic from my computer. So the only pre-LHC photo I have is from June 2007 (face blotted out). The only thing I like here is the earring...

And here is one from today, excuse the frizz.

And another one from today:

(Sorry, the last two are blurred. Anybody heard about a conditioner that can stop my hands from trembling? ;))

Again: thank you! :cheese:

spidermom
August 21st, 2008, 11:04 AM
Happy anniversary! I can't see any pictures.

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks,spidermom! I think I fixed them now - do they show up?

dorothea-brooke
August 21st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Gasp! Your hair looks absolutlely adorable!

I vividly remember that first siggy pic from last year -- maybe you can access it on the archive? I don't think the archive pix get replaced on every post when you update the way they do on the new board?

Happy anniversary to you, Lamb! :flower:

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM
I can't see pics either :(

But Happy anniversary Lamb, I remember when you joined :flower:

*stepping back waiting for pictures*

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM
aaaah, now the pics show!

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Your hair looks fantastic!!! Absolutely beautiful curls!

Gumball
August 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Happy anniversary! Your curls are looking so fantastic! My only solution to not shaking when I want to take a picture is either have someone else take it or, thanks to having a digital camera, taking a million pictures and hoping one of them fits the bill. :)

DavidN
August 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Happy one year anniversary at the LHC, Lamb, and I would like to propose a toast in your honour!:toast:

You have the most beautiful thick, shiny, and healthy curls!:flowers:

wonderlywroughte
August 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Happy anniversary! Your curls are so pretty, nice and bouncy! :heart:

Miss Murphy
August 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
Happy anniversary!

Your hair's looking great!

FrannyG
August 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
Oh sweetie, I can't believe you've only been here for a year! You've made quite an impression in such a short time. :blossom:

You've made wonderful progress in this year, and your hair really looks beautiful. Your curls are lovely.

You are a very valuable LHC member in many other areas as well. :)

Congratulations on a very successful first year. I look forward to watching your continued progress. :flowers:

Periwinkle
August 21st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Wow! Those are absolutely stunning curls you have. I'm experiencing a little hair envy...

Congrats on your anniversary!

spidermom
August 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
I see the pictures now and am delighted. Nice curls.

wintersun99
August 21st, 2008, 11:46 AM
Happy Anniversary - your hair has grown a lot!

Just_Isabel
August 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
I love your hair Lamb! :inlove:
Happy anniversary! :cheese:

Nightshade
August 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Such progress in a year! :flowers: Congratulations! I love your curls :)

mellie
August 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
So pretty!!!

And I love the title of your thread! :-)

Hurray4Henna
August 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Happy anniversary Lamb! Your curls are so soft and bouncy, lovely! I too remember when you joined :heart:
I take a deep breath in, then release *snap* ;) works for me

Merkaba
August 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
Your curls are beautiful, can't wait to see what it looks like longer....great progress for 1 year as well. Congrats!

Xandergrammy
August 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
I lovelovelove your curls!!! Happy Anniversary! I'm very glad you found LHC! :flowers:

AJoifulNoise
August 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Your hair looks great! :flower: Happy anniversary!

Silver & Gold
August 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
I love the way your hair frames your face in the second picture. It's simply adorable.

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM
Spidermom – Thank you!! I always enjoy reading your posts, full of wisdom and common sense.
Dorothea – I tried the archives, but I couldn’t retrieve the picture. Oh, well... Thank you for your kind words! :bowtome:
Arctic – thank you for the kind compliment! :flowers:
Gumball – thank you! I thought of having someone take a picture, but I don’t really know how to ask my suitemate to take a picture of the back of my head without looking like I’m off my rocker.... :hmm:
David – yes, my party as I promised, and thanks for coming! Also thank you for your kind compliment. :bow:
Wonderlywroughte – thank you!! :)
MissMurphy – well, perhaps not *that* great, I am still working on catching up with your shine... :wannabe:
FrannyG – many thanks for your kind words. I am so happy to have met you here! :heartbeat
Periwinkle – with your gourgeous thick hair, why should you envy me? Thank you! :o
Wintersun, JustIsabel, Nightshade – thank you! Really, people, you almost make me believe my hair is not that bad as I think. :)
Mellie – so ’curlfectionist’ could be a word, then? :eyebrows: Thank you for dropping in.

I have been thinking of a member title, but couldn’t come up with a good one. Any suggestions?

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hurray4Henna – oh yes, I remember we shared our hair-related frustration back on the old boards. I’m so glad you have stopped by. :heart:
Merkaba – can you tell I can hardly wait to see my hair longer, either?? ;) At least I have great support here. Thanks!
Xandergrammy – thanks! The pleasure is all mine. :grin:
Ajoifulnoise – thank you kindly! :flowers:
Silver&Gold – that was so kind. :) It looks decent now, but give it two months and I will reach the sad-pony-stage. :shudder:

I have been thinking of a member title, but couldn’t come up with a good one. Any suggestions?

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
Lamb:

I think you have already invented the perfect word: Curlfectionist :) What could be better?

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Lamb:

I think you have already invented the perfect word: Curlfectionist :) What could be better?

:doh: Thanks! I can just hear it: "My name is Lamb, and I am a curlfectionist..."

Naluin
August 21st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Your hair looks beautiful and I love the current cut. It frames your face very nicely. Of course, your hair will look simply stunning at longer lengths. Happy growing, Lamb, and happy anniversary! :flowers:

paper
August 21st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! :flowers:

Love the curls!

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you, Naluin and paper! :flowers:

jel
August 21st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Happy LHC anniversary!

Your curls are lovely, and I'm sure they're going to look even more beautiful at longer lengths. Do you have a length goal in mind?

Oh, and your curls make your hair look luxuriously thick!

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM
Thank you, jel, you have made me blush! :o
My length goal is around BSL and longer, perhaps longer than waist would be too long. Say, long enough for a decent updo, either without bangs or with longish face-framing bangs. I hope I can make it!

Saranne772
August 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM
Gorgous hair :D

mellie
August 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yes, I think "Curlfectionist" is the perfect title!!! :-)

Lamb
August 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you very much, Saranne and mellie!

harley mama
August 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Aww Lamb, your hair has made such great progress in a year. I love that curl!

Curlsgirl
August 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Very pretty Lamb! Love the updated pic! It is shaped so cute and your hair is just gorgeous! So glad you joined us!

Aqua Gal
August 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Your curls are fantastic!!! I know I'm bating a dead horse, but they are gorgeous!

tomm
August 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary, Lamb! How beautiful your hair is looking in these most recent pictures, with ringlets almost up to your part!!

:blossom:

utdesertrunner
August 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Oh my! Your curls are striking! Yay on your 1 year!

darkwaves
August 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Wonderful curls -- and I'm glad you're here!

DecafJane
August 21st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Lamb, congratulations - you have such gorgeous hair. I love the colour and the curls! Have a great day. :)

Zombiekins
August 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Holy crap I'm so envious of your curls!! They really do look purfect!:crush:

jessie58
August 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Wow your curls are perfection! I just love curly hair so much and adore your healthy, bouncy hair. Congratulations on the one year anniversary here. I always enjoy your posts too.

JustAgirl0030
August 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
:bowtome: I LOVE YOUR CURLLSS!!! :heart:

manderly
August 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
Oh lamb!!! You have beautiful Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing) hair!!!!

I adore it!

Tressie
August 21st, 2008, 10:47 PM
Lamb, I second everyone's best wishes and their admiration for your lovely, lovely hair!:)

RavennaNight
August 22nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Happy Anniversary, Lamb! Your hair has the prettiest curls! The perfectionism pays off:).
Szia!

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
Thank you, Harley Mama! The progress would be greater if I hadn’t had that chop in April... But winter damage had to go.
Curlsgirl, many thanks, you are one of my chief hair idols!
AquaGal, Thank you!
Tomm, you’re too kind. Those ’ringlets’ are tricky, some of them are well-defined and start high up, but my hair can be quite straightish at places. That’s why I set my hair type to 2c/3a, to lower my own expectations!
Utdesertrunner – thank you so much, and welcome to TLHC!
Darkwaves – I’m glad, too, and thank you! Without LHC, I’d be back at my ’before’ cut, I’m sure.
DecafJane – thank you for the compliment. How could I not have a great day after so many congratulations?
Jessie58 – No, not perfection, you can’t say that to a curlfectionist! Thank you very much for all your support throughout the year.
JustAgirl0030 – thank you kindly!
Manderly – haha, I remember your dirty dancing compliment from the old boards, kept my hair in rhythm for days. Thank you!
Tressie – that was so kind, thank you!
RavennaNight – szia, és köszönöm! I really must be careful with perfectionism, I.am.not.going.to.chop.my.hair.once.again!

You guys are the best. :cheese:Thanks everybody for the support and compliments, I am so glad I started an anniversary thread after all. I was so ashamed of my lack of length... :o

Patrycja
August 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Congrats on your anniversary!!!! :cheese: :hollie: :rockerdud :smooch:

Love your curls and such wonderful growth you're rockin!

TwirlyTresses
August 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
What beautiful curls! Happy anniversary!

Dark Rosaleen
August 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
Lovely hair. Happy LHC anniversary. :)

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thank you very much, Patrycja, TwirlyTresses, and Dark Rosaleen! :)

levelek
August 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Milady, your curls are adorable!! :thud:

May I also add that I love your top in the update photo!
Curlfectionist, I like it :D

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thank you, Levelek! Yes, that's my favorite top - cheap H&M stuff, but the best I ever had since kindergarten. :D
Okay people, off to change my member title.

Arctic
August 22nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Me likes the member title, Lamb! It's perf.... sorry! Curlfect!

levelek
August 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
You can has a member title? ... 2519 posts?! :bigeyes:

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
You can has a member title? ... 2519 posts?! :bigeyes:

That's because I keep bleating all the time. :o

missy60
August 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Happy anniversary Im so glad you joined, I really enjoy reading your posts. Your hair looks awesome I love the style it is so sassy looking.

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thank you, missy! :) Well, sassy, but unmanagable. I am really looking forward to being able to tie it back.

Kleis
August 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Wow, I love your curls! They're just perfect, which is good since you're a curlfectionist! Now, go have a confection to celebrate your curlfection!

Lamb
August 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Kleis - :rollin: I will, thanks very much!

chloeishere
August 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Your hair looks so pretty and soft! Congratulations!

n3m3sis42
August 22nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Your curls are so pretty! Happy anniversary. :)

Celebrian
August 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
This is the hair I have always longed for (no pun intended!).

It will look even more gorgeous longer still. I wonder if you will get ringlets (gnash: envy).

I agree that you are a lovely asset to LHC. :D

Happy Curlfectersary...:o

SilverLocks
August 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Happy Anniversary oh Lamb of the Lovely Curls!

I too am an enjoyer of your posts. Glad you're here.

Curlfection! Nice one. Happy Growing.

Paniscus
August 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the one year anniversary! Your hair is absolutely beautiful- of course you should grow it long!:flower:

toodramatik
August 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Beautiful. I love your type of curls, I've only ever seen them on one or two people. :)

sexyjacksparrow
August 23rd, 2008, 02:38 AM
Oh lamb!!! You have beautiful Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing) hair!!!!

I adore it!

I was going to say that too!!

Happy Anniversary - your hair looks great! I'm with you on a basic routine - it seems to work better for me too than alternative wash methods.

Kerry xx

girlcat36
August 23rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Lamb!!! Your hair is so cute!!!

Lamb
August 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
Chloeishere – thank you! My hair is soft – babyfine, and this is giving me some headache, but at least it won’t get heavy as it grows.
n3m3sis42 – Thank you!
Celebrian – nothing to be envious about, believe me. But you are very kind, thank you for the lovely compliment and your friendship.
SilverLocks – thank you! I’ve just noticed the length classifications under your avatar... hipie, maxie... Me likez!
Paniscus – and of course I will grow it long! Thanks very much!
Toodramatik – oh my. There are so many people here with much lovelier hair than my hybrid head. Thank you!
Sexyjacksparrow – looks like the first idea was the best for both of us when it comes to haircare. But if I hadn’t tried so many alternative methods, I’d never have learned what my hair really needs/likes. Thank you for the compliment!
Girlcat – Thank you, you are one of my very favorite curl-idols!

Laululintu
August 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Happy anniversary Lamb! Your hair is looking lovely and bouncy :D

DrkAngel
August 23rd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Wow i remember back when you first joined you once asked me about my routine and I was flattered, and now I'm glad to say happy anniversary! that's great progress. With those curls... bet it's gonna look awesome when it's BSL or waist... how would you say it... "curlfect"? ;)

Lamb
August 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Laululintu - thank you! I'm glad it looks healthy, August shedding and dryness are bothering me right now.
DrkAngel - I remember your helpful advice! It was such a good idea to PM you at the beginning of my journey. :) Thank you!

tomm
August 23rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
... There are so many people here with much lovelier hair than my hybrid head.

Not true!! Your hair IS lovely; it is healthy; it is growing; it is admired (by many).
Perhaps it is not in the the type of hair that you hoped it would grow to be; perhaps it is not the way the someone else might tell you it should be. But, it is uniquely beautiful!

Angellen
August 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
Lamb, your hair is gorgeous! (And I liked your sheep reference. ^^; ) That second picture really wowed me. Your curls look so lush and bouncy and lovely. Congrats on a year well spent! :flowers:

HeatherMae
August 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I absolutely LOVE the color of your hair and I am very envious of your beautiful curls.

Happy Anniversary to YOU!!!! :)

Lamb
August 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Tomm, that's not the first time you hijacked my trail of distorted thinking... :flowers: Thank you!
Angellen and HeatherMae, you are both too kind. Many thanks!! :heart:

WritingMum
October 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Belated congratulations, to you, Lamb!

:( I don't see the photos. Hope they come back!

Happy Growing!

regards,
WritingMum