PDA

View Full Version : When are you at shoulder length?

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi!

Was coming out my hair this morning and saw that once it dreid the ends were laying (lying) on the upper part of my shoulders. ( I have a long neck, BTW)

Does this mean I am at shoulder length? Or does it have to be over the shoulders to be shoulder length?

Anyway, sure looks nice and feels lovely:)

:cheese:

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
I always think that if the tips of your hair touch the shoulders, you are at shoulder length.
When the ends of your hair brush the collarbone, your are at collarbone length. Then quite soon you are at APL (armpit length).

Congratulations Robbi from reaching shoulder length!

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 11:03 AM
Hi!

Thank you, gonna have to get off my lazy butt and post some photos soon???

Love how fast it is growing also:)

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Yes please, pictures would be great!

You're lucky to have fast growth :)

ClareDee
August 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think for most people shoulder-length starts from 14 inches, when the tips are just touching your shoulders... Mine is almost 17 inches and I still consider it shoulder length, even though the hair rests on my shoulders rather than just tipping them.

Imo, shoulder-length graduates to "past shoulder" when you can push it all behind your shoulders without it falling forward v easily, if that makes sense :)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
14 inches? Heck, I am at almost 20 inches now? But then, I said I had a long neck?

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
If my memory serves me, I was shoulder length around 17 or 18"... I also have long neck. There is fun article written by Ursula about different lenghts, I go find it and post it here in a minute :)

Arctic
August 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=24) it is. I see, that at least APL is missing from this list from some reason...

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hi

Very cool!

Thanks for the link:)

Periwinkle
August 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
I agree that SL starts when your hair is just touching your shoulders. So congratulations on your new length!

Robbi Dehlinger
August 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
I agree that SL starts when your hair is just touching your shoulders. So congratulations on your new length!

Thanx,

But I can hardly wait until I get to were YOU are at? At the rate my hair is growing, will be sooner, rather than later? YAAAY!

ChloeDharma
August 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM
I had similar questions at waistlength and hiplength because at those points i had fairytale ends and LOTS of taper, but i think wherever the longest part is, counts as the length.
Congratulations :D

SchnauzerMom
August 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Sounds like shoulder length to me, congratulations on reaching it. Now, on to the next goal!

paper
August 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Congrats on hitting SL! :cheese: Now, you will have to join the SL going on APL thread.

DecafJane
August 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Congratulations, Robbi. I can't wait to see pictures of your hair growth. :)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 22nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Congrats on hitting SL! :cheese: Now, you will have to join the SL going on APL thread.

I already belong to the knee length and beyond group here?? LOL

Huggsz:)

Robbi Dehlinger
August 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Congratulations, Robbi. I can't wait to see pictures of your hair growth. :)

I need a digicam, traditional cameras take much too long to develop, scan and put in my gallery!

sipnsun
August 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with everyone else, as soon as the longest hairs touch the shoulders you are there. Congratulations on the fast growth!

30isthenewblack
August 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
It's a nice feeling when the hair starts brushing your shoulders! Congratulations on reaching this milestone & happy growing for the next one! Onwards to knee length and beyond for you :D

spidermom
August 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
I claim shoulder length when there's enough length for the hair to rest on the shoulders. Just touching the shoulders doesn't count for me. In a similar vein, a few longest hairs touching tailbone doesn't count as tailbone length; the bulk of my hair will have to get there before I claim it. I'm a hard-ace that way.

Robbi Dehlinger
August 23rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
It's a nice feeling when the hair starts brushing your shoulders! Congratulations on reaching this milestone & happy growing for the next one! Onwards to knee length and beyond for you :D

ooooh, hair brushing my ankles?? I will be in hair-heaven:):cheese:

Robbi Dehlinger
August 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
I claim shoulder length when there's enough length for the hair to rest on the shoulders. Just touching the shoulders doesn't count for me. In a similar vein, a few longest hairs touching tailbone doesn't count as tailbone length; the bulk of my hair will have to get there before I claim it. I'm a hard-ace that way.

A hard ace? Interesting.... Actually it IS resting on shoulders, but the TOP of the shoulders:)

spidermom
August 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
You definitely need an update pic.