PDA

View Full Version : Hair type confusion!

EvilPigeon
March 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
My hair seems to be fine,medium AND coarse all at the same time, but in different places. The front 'bangs' area are always soft,silky and straight. But the rest of my hair seems to be a mix between medium,fine and coarse...also, my hair is almost stick straight at the shorter bits,starts to wave at my shoulders, and the ends are somewhat curly! I'm soooo confused. Does anyone else have this 'problem'?

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Um, yes i have fine and medium and coarse (so i just put what hte middle one is) my regrowth is F/M though....my ends and plump with continual dyeing- increasing porousity and multiple hennas.

Try washing your hair out- after a clarify if you use cones. Then DON'T TOUCH your hair. See what comes up. I always thought i was a 1a, when i did this i was like "OH MY GOSH I HAVE WAVY HAIR?!?! SINCE WHEN!!!!?" So yes...try that it will be more clear. And with curly hair it normally does start off staighter if you are more like a 2c 3a type curly.

let us know how you go. Go with the bulk of your hair, some people have a canopy completely different to their undergrowth.

Angellen
March 20th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I have some fine, some medium, some coarse hair, and I just stick with M, because it's right in the middle.

I think your hair looks gorgeous, especially with that color. It's a beautiful shade. :)

akurah
March 20th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Depending on how damaged your hair is (or isn't), you might actually be an M in hair type, but your hair got damaged so now it's F. (not saying yours is damaged, that's a hypothetical statement!)

Lots of people have multitype hair. Some of my hairs are fine, none of my hairs are coarse, most of them are medium, so I go with that.

I also got a couple of hairs that grow in as a 4a, but they rarely get very long since they're near my hairline at my nape and seem to have a short terminal length. The hairs around my hairline on my face fancy themselves 2b or 2c, and the majority of my hair is 1c/2a.