PDA

View Full Version : Flat hair day

Darkhorse1
August 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hey gang--ever find that when your hair goes through a growth spurt, it looks/feels rather flat? I have naturally full bodied hair, even when long. Lately, my hair is fairly flat/lifeless and it's going through a major growth spurt.

I'm hoping to get a mini trim this week, which usually helps, but is there anything else that can help? I'm going to try to find a clarifying shampoo that is color friendly. :D

Ohio Sky
August 20th, 2008, 03:32 PM
My hair is always flat, but I try to bun way up on top of my head (NOT a good look!) while sleeping. It helps a little.

BrianaFineHair
August 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I have flat and lifeless hair, however, this is my opinion of it right now during this horrible grow out stage. Once it's one length and bra strap length I think I'll enjoy it much more. I'll be able to do some nice things with it - buns, and braids, etc. I'm really looking forward to that. :)

Elainehali
August 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
No, my hair is flat everyday.

Maybe it's a good time to try out rag curls.

Chromis
August 20th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I've never quite gotten what people mean by "flat". How else *is* fairly straight hair supposed to look?!

julya
August 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I just got a new driver's license, with a new photo, and my mom said that my hair looks flat in the photo. I think it always looks that way though.

intothemist1999
August 20th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I've never quite gotten what people mean by "flat". How else *is* fairly straight hair supposed to look?!

Yup, my straight hair is always flat (unless I style it, which I rarely bother doing any more).

The only time I've not had flat hair is when it was permed :)

MsBubbles
August 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I'm having a flat hair life :violin:

My hair is flat in a pixie, flat in a bob, flat at 25" :). If you had some body in yours then you'll probably get it back at some point. But yay for the growth spurt!

Darkhorse1
August 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Ah...so, maybe what I'm noticing as as my hair grows longer, it's making my hair straighter. I have natural wavy hair, but I noticed after a certain length, it goes straighter. So, maybe that's what I'm noticing? Normally, my hair is light, fluffy and full of body. right now it hangs and has little body.

I guess I'm lucky to have wave in my hair/body and this is just the outcome of hair growing longer?

NurseMama
August 20th, 2008, 09:55 PM
After reading GTBM's blog about her Nanny's hair care routine I adopted one of the steps which has made a huge difference in having "flat head" GTBM said that nanny would always dry her hair hanging over the clothesline or ironing board. Basically her hair would be straight up in the air while it dried. I have been doing this just having my hair up over the back of the couch as our couch has a pretty tall back and my hair isn't long enough for the ironing board! It really makes a huge difference in how the root lies.

Xi
August 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM
If the "flatness" persists at your new length, perhaps you could regain waviness with braids? Braidwaves make my straight-ish hair much more presentable, in my opinion.