PDA

View Full Version : For Mommies who braid DD's hair

Patty lou
August 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I was again dooing some "Google " searching on braiding ideas for both DD's hair and I found 2 helpful sites.

http://www.princesscharmedhair.blogspot.com/

also

http://pipershairdos.blogspot.com/

I particularly like the one dated July31 2008 " Four Braids crossed"
It's a little over 1/2 way down the page.
I plan to do it on DD's hair next Sunday for church. (It's on Pipers hairdos)

Patty lou

Ohio Sky
August 20th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Oh I like the flower do on the second page. I may try that on DD.

Thanks for the links!

Tapioca
August 20th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Must not let daughter see these pages. . . must not let daughter see these pages . . .

Aqua Gal
August 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I just looked with my DD. I guess we will be very busy!! She's become an updo addict since I practice on her. She loves the x braids with the blue and green ribbons.

AnimaSola3o4
August 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Aww. I forwarded those links to a friend of mine with two little princesses who like to have their hair braided. :)

Slug Yoga
August 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hehe, I almost didn't look at this thread because I don't have kids. But there are a lot of great updo and braid ideas in there! I will attempt to do a bunch of them on myself.

AshleyP
August 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
So cute. Too bad DD will not sit still to let me style her hair. I can barely manage a decent looking ponytail on her. :rolleyes:
But, some of those are cute enough to do on my own hair. lol.

Tapioca
August 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM
So, anybody know where to find those itty-bitty rubber bands that go on braces? I'm dying to do some smocking on my kid.

Slug Yoga
August 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
I've found "poly elastic" bands in drugstores and such in the hair section, by Goody or Scunci or one of those common brands, which I think are basically the same thing as the braces elastics, and they are supposed to be hair-safe. They're not in every store, but I have seen them multiple places, so I'd look around!

Starr
August 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
How cute! My DD's hair has just gotten to the length that we can actually 'do' things to it and she's constantly wanting me to put it up like mommy, so this should be fun.