PDA

View Full Version : Good trim..WHEW!

Curlsgirl
August 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I posted this on the other thread but I wanted to say I got a good trim yesterday at Super Cuts. I was SO scared I took her a picture of a straight across trim so she could SEE it :D I have to say this morning I looked in the mirror and even though I showed her about a 3/4 inch length to trim with my fingers, she did cut probably an inch and a half off from the longest part. Normally I would not like that but the sides had taken on a pretty strong U-shape and I did have some velcro-ish ends that were better done away with. I am SO happy with how it feels now! The comb was getting hard to go through the ends and breaking the hair there more anyway. SO I miss the length, it'll be even LONGER until waist but you know I REALLY like this length. It is easier to manage it seems like and looks nice and neat. :love:

Oh and wanted to add that it's about the same length now as in my siggy only straighter across. She barely cut anything on the sides but cut more in the middle part, so that is why it seems so much shorter I guess.

Islandgrrl
August 20th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Curlsgirl, I'm so glad you had a positive experience! I completely understand how scary it is....I just did it a few weeks ago - new salon, new stylist, everything. When do we get pictures?

redtea
August 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I'm glad it turned out so well for you! How did your appointment to get your roots done go btw?

Curlsgirl
August 20th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm glad it turned out so well for you! How did your appointment to get your roots done go btw?

I didn't go. I still can't decide whether to get the "toner" again or get base color. I would be going the same frequency, probably once a month but it would be 20 dollars more for the base color (roots only of course) and a little more damaging surely. BUT the toner is not really covering very well now. Sometimes it looks okay and sometimes not. I THINK as the roots get even more grown out it will look worse at the roots but not sure.

SHELIAANN1969
August 20th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Yay for super cool, wonderful, uneventful trims!!

I had mine too, was scared out of my mind but am ever so happy!!

Curlsgirl
August 20th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Curlsgirl, I'm so glad you had a positive experience! I completely understand how scary it is....I just did it a few weeks ago - new salon, new stylist, everything. When do we get pictures?

I am bad about that aren't I? :o I should do it today while my hair is still straightish I guess but I will be home late. Maybe I can get DH to do it then though before I wash it and it's curly again.

Aqua Gal
August 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
That's great! A fresh trim is such a great feeling.

Curlsgirl
August 20th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I had mine too, was scared out of my mind but am ever so happy!!

Isn't that weird? I never used to be like that!

Tapioca
August 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wonderful! It took me forever to find an inexpensive salon that understands what dusting is.

chrissy-b
August 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
So glad it worked out for you! :):):)

jivete
August 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
My best minimal trim was at a Great Clips and when they had a sale for $5.99 no less. And here I was paying $40 every couple of months or so only to get too much trimmed off.

Glad your trim went well. I love freshly trimmed hair. Well, when it's the right trim...

jojo
August 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thats great news, we need pictures now!!!

dorothea-brooke
August 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Hurrah! I was following the other thread with interest because I had been wondering the very same thing about Great Clips.

Glad to hear you had a good experience and are happy with your hair. :flower:

Now... PICTURES!!! :drama:

:)

aries
August 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Fantastic! Glad your trim went well and that you love the way your hair feels. I am always happy with the feeling of my hair as well after a trim now. We want pictures!!!!