PDA

View Full Version : May we have another 1 year anniversary??

manderly
August 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Wow, seems like LHC had a massive membership drive last August. Well, its my turn :D

My last "haircut" was in May of 07. This is my hair last August when I decided I wanted long hair:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG0948.jpg

This is that box hairdye with the added bleach shudder: to add your own highlights. As you can see, my highlights had faded really, really bad into the funny brassy skunk stripe.

After I took this photo I was shocked - SHOCKED - I say at my highlights, I didn't think they were that awful! And I disobeyed the 2 week rule and picked up some L'oreal Color Oops and did this to myself :nono: Sorry it's so tiny.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/814.07afterremovingcoloranddyeing.jpg

Alas, after a couple of hennas, a couple of semi permanent dyes and 1 permanent sally's dye to try to get as close to my natural color as possible, I've come to this (LOOK AT THOSE CURLS FORMING!! That's airdried, baby!):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/2591f00f-1.jpg

During my time at LHC I've learned my hair loves CV bars and vinegar, coconut oil is a gift from the gods, S&D's and microtrims can be a dangerous addiction, coconut milk is kinda stinky, and SMTs rock my socks.

I haven't had any major trims, I only cut out the yucky bits when I can't stand them anymore (I don't care about uneveness, I'm a wavy).

I've also become ridiculously addicted to you guys and LHC. I am here every day scanning the new posts and finding myself annoyed that everyone else has a life and doesn't post as much as I'd like! :mad:

So there you go, hopefully you all have a bit of energy left from all the other anniversaries to pop in and say hi in mine :D

Starr
August 19th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Excellent progress Manderly! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful! You come a long way since the orange.:D

totie
August 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Wow what a change both colour and condition...your hair is now simply gorgeous. keep growing and posting those pictures, I'm usually always here snoozing around the place!!

Nat242
August 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Looking beautiful!!! :flowers: It's been so nice getting to know you a little over this past year.

Deborah
August 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Your hair looks just beautiful! The shine is blinding. :sun: Great job in just one year! :cheer:

EvaSimone
August 19th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Congrats Manderly! Lately I've been here every day too and am all like "Theirs only 20 new posts?!?! WTH!!!" lol

Seriously though your hair looks really good and I am glad that you've come past both the skunk and the orange phase to your present fabulous locks!! :D

MermaidGirl
August 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Just beautiful - color, length, shine and THOSE CURLS! Wow! Congratulations!

lawyermom
August 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Never enough anniverary threads; they're so inspiring to us newbies!

You've had fantastic progress - the curls are awesome!

Angellen
August 20th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I remember how upset you were with your orangey color, and I'm glad to see how much your hair has grown! What a change! You have such lovely waves and curls, too. :flower: Happy anniversary!!

Forest
August 20th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Congrats to such nice progress! I am new to the growing-out-my-hair thing and it is nice to see how much progress can happen in just one year. Both in overall condition and the length! :cheer:

DecafJane
August 20th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Manderly, your hair looks fantastic. If in one year I am where you are now, I will be ecstatic. :D

Those curls are just to die for. They look so soft and lovely. :)

chloeishere
August 20th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Hi! :waving:
The color, condition, and wurls are looking FABULOUS! Very impressive going without trims too. It's always great to see you around here! :D

Monsterkitti
August 20th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Congrats! :) Your curls in the last pic are lovely!

goldenwaves
August 20th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Oh my goodness! I love the curls, and it's so shiny! Congrats!!

NurseMama
August 20th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Wow!! What an amazing difference! I LOVE the curls that you are having now. The color is lovely as is the shine. GREAT GROWING!

eadwine
August 20th, 2008, 02:04 AM
LOVE the curls, may I have some? :lol:

It's looking great :)

Arctic
August 20th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I remember when you joined too, I hadn't been a member for very long then :) Congratulations on your first year, your hair looks so shiny and wonderful! :cloud9:

ps. I'm addicted too :face:

lapushka
August 20th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I love your hair color & those curls are amazing; happy anniversary!

DavidN
August 20th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Of course we can have another LHC anniversary, Manderly, and it is a pleasure to celebrate YOUR anniversary, here on the LHC.:cheer: Your hair is looking wonderful these days, and look at that shine, colour, and beautiful curls in your hair.:flowers:

Lamb
August 20th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Congratulations, manderly! TLHC wouldn't be the same without you. :) I have always envied the shine and strength of your hair, it has grown beautifully in one year!

Isilme
August 20th, 2008, 03:06 AM
You have only been here a year? Feels like much longer:) That's some awesome change during just as year!

iris
August 20th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Yay! :cheese: Great progress. I always enjoy your posts.

Going by the second pic, isn't it time to change your hairtype to 2c, or at least a solid 2b?

Iris

Calista
August 20th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Seconding what iris said. :D Lovely hair, great curls!

brok3nwings
August 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Your hair is really beautiful now! Woww its delicious!!! And i can see how strong it is. Oh yeah, and the curls...
I have to say, that colour is the best best best colour for brown. I just love how henna gives this wonderful tones to medium to dark hair. Really lovely

missy60
August 20th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Wow great progress your hair is looking really pretty. I love your curls!

Gladtobemom
August 20th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Such lovely waves and color.

Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful.:D

paper
August 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Manderly, your hair is beautiful! :heartbeat

Happy Anniversary!!! :flowers:

Strongnlong
August 20th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Excellent progress in length texture & colour! Grow on wit yo bad self Manderly!

Golden21
August 20th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Your hair looks great! Congrats!

Curlsgirl
August 20th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Why did it take me so long to see this??? I cannot BELIEVE the progress you have made Manderly! :thud: I LOVE your hair, really really pretty, soft, shiny and thud worthy! I third and fourth that you are a 2c too!

Islandgrrl
August 20th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Wow, Manderly. Just WOW! Happy anniversary!!!

curly girl fla
August 20th, 2008, 07:47 AM
You're hair is so shiny, curly and beautiful! And terrific growth, too! You've become an inspiration to me since I've started posting. Congratulations :smile:

Aqua Gal
August 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Wow! Your hair looks fantastic. It is exactly the color I've been shooting for. (Yeah for henna!!!) Congrats on on one big year!!!

jojo
August 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Yay! you have grown a long way...nice to see you realized the future is not orange but a curly wurly world! Well done it looks simply stunning. x

manderly
August 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Thank you so much everyone!!!! :grouphug:

This has been such a fantastic forum and I love all of you guys so much :D

As for the hairtyping, I'm not sure if I can change it, I only get those soft curls with a lot of product, if I leave it completely alone I get lots of looser waves :) I guess I should request another hairtyping now that my hair is longer :D

Thank you again so much for all the knowledge, inspiration, and friendship you have all offered me!

Aloha!

Haith
August 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Happy anniversary, Manderly. Your presence here on the boards and at LHC in general would be sorely missed if you were to leave. I hope you're here for another year to come, and good growth to you!

xrosiex
August 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Congradulation on your year anniversary! Your has really grown and it looks shiny and heathy. Absolutly beautiful.:)

Euphony
August 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
:whistle: Look at that gorgeous hair. Okay the emot seems to be whistling to pass time, I want him to whistle about your hair being in such great condition! So just imagine :D

SchnauzerMom
August 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on one year at LHC! Your hair looks very pretty, I love the curls.

whatevergirl
August 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/Congrats%20etc/congrats3.gif On 1 Year Manderly !
Very pretty hair.:)

darkwaves
August 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Your hair looks lovely -- congrats!

girlcat36
August 20th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Happy 1 year!
Your hair is really coming along---and those curls!!! Nice!

Soniasonia
August 20th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Wow loooove your hair!

Gumball
August 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Happy anniversary! You've had wonderful growth and those curls are incredible. Very pretty. I'm glad you've found your way close to your natural color and that you've picked up so many tips here!

utdesertrunner
August 20th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Your curls are gorgeous! And the one year anniversary photos are SO inspiring! Congrats!

FrannyG
August 21st, 2008, 06:09 AM
You've made wonderful progress in the last year, Manderly. :blossom: Your hair looks beautiful with its curls and shine. Congratulations on a very successful first year at LHC. :)

hippiechick1976
August 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Wow great progress your hair is really looking mighty FINE!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy every second.

skay
August 21st, 2008, 06:27 AM
Now that looks like some major improvement -- awesome!

sexyjacksparrow
August 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM
I'm loving these anniversary threads.

Your hair is looking gorgeous!!

Kerry xx

JessTheMess
August 21st, 2008, 06:47 AM
Manderly... I am in love with your waves!! Your hair got so long and gorgeous!:cheer:

sipnsun
August 21st, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wow, that's some amazing growth. We joined at the same time and your hair has grown so much more than mine! Your curls are beautiful too!

Patrycja
August 21st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Holy smokes,batman! :thud: I love your spirals and shine :)

Congrats on your anniversary!! :cheer: Here's a cookie just because :cookie:

spidermom
August 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Manderly, I love those forming curls! I think you're moving into 2C territory.

manderly
August 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
Thank you so much everyone!!!! :grouphug:

You're all so kind and have really made me feel great. I don't often post updates of my hair, so it's wonderful to get compliments like these when I do.

Thank you again all so much, you're all wonderful people and I feel like I'm a better person for knowing you all!!!

:flower:

GlassEyes
August 22nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
Wow, really shiny hair. o-o;;

I'd say more into 2c/3a territory actually.

Hurray4Henna
August 22nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Congrats Manderly! I remember when you first joined LHC! Your hair has come a long way and looks absolutely beautiful! You are a wonderful lady and I have enjoyed getting to know you :)

yrrebwartsymssi
August 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
ooooh your hair looks wonderful :)

danacc
August 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Congratulations! Beautiful progress, and you have a lovely hemline.

30isthenewblack
August 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I am really inspired by these anniversary pics. I can't wait to post mine next year. Your hair is gorgeous and look at those curls starting to form! I love love love straight hair that curls at the bottom like that. It's gorgeous!

Juanita
August 24th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Your hair is looking great. No wonder you are so happy with it.

tomm
August 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Congratulations on your one-year anniversary, Manderly!! Your hair is looking absolutely wonderful, and I LOVE how the curls are beginning to come out.

:blossom: