PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

Shanarana
August 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Between a log roll and a french twist? I hope that doesn't seem like a stupid question, but looking at them both they seem almost the same to me. I can do a french twist, but how do I do a log roll?

danacc
August 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Once hair grows past a certain length, a french roll becomes very difficult if not downright impossible to achieve. At that point, the log roll provides an effect that is similar with no limitation to volume of hair.

Lady Godiva provided an instructional video in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4156#post4156).

freznow
August 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Essentially, I think it best to describe the log roll as a french twist outside of the hair. You know how one side goes around the twist and into it with a FT? Well, with a log roll, it's just a twisted and wrapped log that you pin to your head. Same profile, generally, as a FT, but because you're trying to make the side hair go around the large lump, it's easier to do if you've outgrown the french twist.

Now, there are plenty of people who can do both. I've never been able to do a french twist, but a log roll holds so superbly. They look different, but are in the same category of style, I guess you could say.

frizzinator
August 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
You can easily make a french twist out of a log roll, by flipping or rolling the log roll to one side.