PDA

View Full Version : Discovery at 24: not just 1 white hair, a whole patch of 'em!

Maverick494
October 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
So I'm 24, pretty young I believe. So I'm wondering,

Last year I already noticed a few white hairs pop up here and there (I pulled them out then because there were less than 5.) Anyway, today I was messing around with hair partings (I've always had the middle one) to decide if a side part could fit me. I'm so boring and repetitive I've never tried it out before. So I lifted the hair and discovered a whole patch of snow white hairs on the right side of my head! There are normal hairs scattered throughout but the amount of whites are like 1 to every 3 normal hairs up there. So I decided to try the same on the other side...and yes same story there.

Anyway, I was just wondering if that's normal. I have no grey hairs, they're all white and the texture is the same as my normal hairs. I'll try and see if I can manage to make a picture of it.

hufflepug
October 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
I started going white in my early 20s, so I think it's pretty normal. My white hairs are all scattered through my temples.

AceOfCurls
October 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
I am 24 years old and the same thing happened to me!!!! But in my family we go grey early, so I wasn't too surprised. In early October, I realized I had a grey hair on my temple area and that's when I realized that I needed to start dying my hair. So last week I henna'd for the first time and I'm really happy with the results.

cathair
October 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
It's probably normal... if you're really bothered you might want to get a checkup at the doctors. I got my first one when I was 15, 27 now and getting streaks of them. Do you have dark hair?

ladonna
October 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
My husband was about 25% grey at age 23, now at 34 he's a bit under 75%.

shutterpillar
October 23rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
I have 30-40 gray hairs on my head, and I am 26. Of course, those are just the ones I can see. lol. The last time I had my hair dyed, the stylist mentioned something about me having gray hairs in the back of my head.

I am ready for them. The ones I can see are a nice silvery gray, and then there are others that are kinky and white. I think it will be very pretty when I go completely gray. :)

Wahinee
October 23rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
I started really noticing my greys at 25, after I had my first child. I have plenty now at 27 but henna does a nice job of covering them up.

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
I've had a few here and there since my 20's. I always plucked them because it was just 1 at a time. Decided a couple months ago to stop that and let them come in as they will. People go grey at different times, but I do think it's normal. My one friend was completely grey in her early 30's and has dyed ever since.

mallorykay13
October 29th, 2012, 03:24 PM
My boyfriend has a little lock of hair that is white/gray in the front. It's a birthmark, although according to his mother, it didn't show until he was about 5.

amanda_the_tall
October 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
i started getting silvers at 15, so i'd think you're pretty normal

itdontmatter48
November 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I was about the same age when the hair dresser told me I had grey hairs. Told me I earned them. Normal!