PDA

View Full Version : Red rash from indigo patch test..what do I do?!

LottieGirlx
October 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I have bought some BAQ henna and indigo and have done a patch test this evening in preparation to henndigo my hair for the first time tomorrow. The henna is fine on my arm but I have a little red bumpy rash where the indigo was :(

What should I do? Its not sore but its red and bumpy like heat rash. Does this mean i cant use the indigo? I also patch tested it on my neck and that was fine - its just my arm that is red (I tried it in 2 places).

I have already mixed the Henna ready for tomorrow. My hair is currently bleached with a Demi permanent reddy brown chemical dye on top of that. If I just use the henna will is go really red???

I'm so gutted I've never had a reaction to any other products - natural or chemical!

ladonna
October 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
A lot of people seem to get itchy from indigo, but have no problems with katam.

LottieGirlx
October 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Does Katam do the same job as indigo?

I've bought enough henndigo to last 3 applications! What a waste of money if I can't use it :(

I'm considering just using the henna on its own but I'm scared of my hair going too bright red/orange.

Oubli
October 23rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
I would suggest mixing up a tiny batch of henndigo to test on your scalp, you may not have a reaction to the indigo if it's mixed with the henna. Worked for me after an indigo patch test reaction.

LottieGirlx
October 23rd, 2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks Oubli I'll try that :)

Would the reaction be less if I used a smaller percentage of indigo? Say 3 parts henna 1 part indigo?

Or would it be better to do the 2 step method? Henna my hair first and then do indigo on top for 10 mins just to take a bit of the red out? I suppose the less time its on the better!