PDA

View Full Version : I found my first white hair!!!!

Fencai
August 19th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Yesterday morning when I got to the office, I ran to the ladies room, and when I was washing my hands, I noticed my first white hair!

Naturally, I plucked it out! *I know I know* I even taped it to a piece of paper and saved it to show my DH!!!

I was both sad and happy to find it. Sad because, well its my first one.
Happy because it was solid white! (My Grandmother, her twin and my great Aunt all had snow white hair so I was hoping that I get the same thing.)

LOL! Its a landmark of sorts... just not a length one! :eyebrows:

Hey You
August 19th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I found my first when I was 22. And as it was bloody long, it must have been around for a while. A year later I had a little streak - fortunately under the surface of the hair so you really can't see them, especially since I'm blonde. And seven years later that little streak still doesn't seem to have spread much. But I do not like them at all. My mother didn't start to get white hairs until she was fifty, for heaven's sake! Was very interested to read about cassia here, might give that a try some time.

Arctic
August 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm 31 and I haven't seen gray or white hair yet. I'm in no hurry either because then I'll have to reconsider my hennaing :)

Just_Isabel
August 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I saw my first some months ago. :D I did not pluck it out, though. :shudders:
I've seen a couple, but usually by "accident", when I look for them they're hard to find. :confused:

ladystar
August 19th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Congrats on the white white hair lol.

I found my first one about a month ago! I was sitting in my car putting on make up and I saw it just there popping out! I was like Nooooooo!!! I am getting old lol

My brother is only 2 years older than me (28) and he is full of them!

Fencai
August 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
LOL! Yeah DH is 33 and as my close friend said "Woa! When did Dano get the snow on the roof!?"

Mines not bad, and I would love a cool Bride of Frankestein Streak, but it'll be hard to henna around!

Just totally not what I was expecting/wanted to find first thing on a monday morning!

AJoifulNoise
August 19th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I know the excitement. I found my first couple a few months back. I didn't pull them, though. I think I'm working on a streak as they are all in the same area. I think that'll be soooo cool.

yrrebwartsymssi
August 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
i just found my silver hair a few weeks ago!!!! i even started a thread on it :D

sipnsun
August 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I found my first one last Thanksgiving. I figured it was from the stress of cooking for 22 people. (Not really, but I was stressed.) Now I have several and they are snow white. They make my hair appear lighter and lighter each week so I will eventually have to color.:( I just feel too young to embrace white hair yet.

FrannyG
August 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I found my first silver hair so long ago that it's but a distant memory. I'm not even sure if I was 21 yet, but I do remember feeling that somehow, I'd arrived. It was a good feeling.

Thank you for reminding me of a sweet memory, Fencai.

I hope that you remember this moment fondly. :blossom:

Saranne772
August 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Congratulations :) (I hope you're happy about it and Im not congratulating you on something you dont like!)

My mother went white (with a few grey hairs) when I was around 1 or 2 years old. So she would have been ...hmm calculates... about 37 or 38 years old. She is now almost completely white. Only a few black hairs left underneath.

It is said that people of welsh heritage go snow white (my mother is). I am SO hoping that I inherit that!! :) She still looks young, shes just white. http://file032a.bebo.com/2/large/2007/09/30/20/19585513a5695460902l.jpg Only photo I have that shows her true colour.

micah_mae_
August 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Congradulations! White hair is a sign of wisdom :) I hope that my hair turns snow white. I think it is just beautiful!

micah_mae_
August 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM
...and I apparently can't spell...I meant "Congratulations"!

Fencai
August 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone! It is a good thing! Once the initial shock wore off!

Congradulations! White hair is a sign of wisdom :) I hope that my hair turns snow white. I think it is just beautiful!

Yes, I have recently been taking in a lot of learned book type knowledge as well as some life lessons, so its appropriately timed!

I think it will be cool to be the witch with the long flowing white hair!
(sci-fi epic fantasy fan can ya' tell!?)

insideitall
August 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
My mother started going grey when she was 18, I think.

I found my first one sometime in high school. I just went and looked and there are a whole bunch, on both sides around what you'd see if you were to put your hair half up, temple area I suppose. Generally they're not visible, though I suppose if I parted to put hair up in just the right spot..

I don't think any of mine are really actually grey/white, though. I've found some where the last teeny bit has been a lighter brown, fading up the strand to grey, but most "shimmer" in the light. Makes it look gold, I think ;) I've noticed that the texture is different; the shimmery ones feel like they're twisting, even though they look straight. Does that make sense? Maybe how kinky hair would feel if it was straightened? They also feel much thicker than the rest of my hair.

I totally want to be an old (or not so old, perhaps) lady with long grey hair.. what worries me is that I've only found one hair that's been longer than about 4 - 6 inches :-/ Has anyone who has gone grey/white noticed that it wouldn't grow as long anymore?

SparklePi
August 19th, 2008, 10:51 PM
heh, wait till you are plucking the white eyebrows! ARGH!!

I have had white head hairs for some time, judging by the length of some of them. I'm only 33 and have found a few white hairs that were two footers!
My silver is coming in stripes over my ears. If i wear my hair down, they are not seen....do an updo and it shows them off. Which I think looks nice, actually. More interest in a french braid.
The little new short white ones popping up all over, especially on top, are the ones that concern me more LOL. My hair is overall very dark brown, so the white/silver totally shows up. However, I'm grateful it IS silver and pretty, could be worse.
Insideitall< I also think my greys are of a different texture than my other hair. I have friends who feel the same. One turned grey so quickly she went from straight brown hair to wavy, nearly curly salt n pepper hair!
Maybe the white hairs just seem to be growing slowly because it is easy to see/find them and you are keeping too close a tab on them, KWIM? Hair is slow.
huggles!

DecafJane
August 20th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I'm 30 and I have the one grey eyebrow hair that gets plucked when I do my normal plucking. I don't know if it is grey from being plucked so often. I don't have any on my head yet - that I have noticed. ;)

NurseMama
August 20th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm 32 and I already have ear muffs that are completely gray. The rest of my hair is about 30&#37; gray.

I blame it on my Dh. They all started to show up when he did.

LifeisAdventure
August 20th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I'm 32 and I already have ear muffs that are completely gray. The rest of my hair is about 30% gray.

Lol NurseMama! And hehe, looking at the ages where most of you ladies saw your first greys and whites and silvers, I feel very fortunate not to have seen one by now!! My mum was seeing whites at 18 so I was already thankful to have escaped that genetic legacy, but all these 21s and 22s and 23s, oiy! Maybe mine are hiding in the blonde, but I hope not... more wisdom for you all to share! ;)

Arctic
August 20th, 2008, 02:59 AM
My sister started to find sparklies early too, but we have really different kinds of hair. I actually don't know when my parents started to get grays. My grandpa had the most beautiful white hair, I wish I inherit that some day :)

I feel also lucky not to have grays yet, but might feel different if I did have some. I have never even thought about grays before I came to this community and found out so many members have started to gray when 20+ years old.

Anje
August 20th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I've had one or two grays for forever, but lately, I've got at least a dozen, all on top of my head. I figure I'll have a streak in a few years.

I blame grad school.

NiAosSi
August 20th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I'm 32 and I already have ear muffs that are completely gray. The rest of my hair is about 30% gray.

Lol, I would have to agree with you! I have 2 or 3 and I blame the totally on DH, and DD can also cause some gray growth spurts. Oh well, necessary evil (or good :confused:?). Mine are silver, wish I had snowy white like my aunt!

Congrats on your first grays!:D

NurseMama
August 20th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Mine are silver, wish I had snowy white like my aunt!

Congrats on your first grays!:D

Thanks! I actually like them, but I still henna. If there was a dye out there that would take to all the rest of my recently acquired mousy brown hair (I was a redhead until 20 or so when my hair ashed into a brown :() and leave my grays alone- I would totally use it. They are my sparklies! I like them! I just don't like the rest of the hair around them.

Mine are silver as well.

AnneAdeline
August 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I just found a grey hair a couple days ago. (I'm 17) It was a "Huh, interesting" moment. I'm not worried about going grey, though, even though the women on my mom's side grey early.
I'm just excited about the fact that henna will make them a pretty color.

Juliannaissance
June 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I found my first white hair just yesterday, when my BFF's mom was giving me a haircut. I'm not sure if it's due to stress. But, I think it was. I've been going through a lot in the past six months.

Celtic Morla
June 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Well congrats! I hav had grey since I was 13 wait til you get the white ones in your eyebrows!!!!

MintChocChip
June 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
This isn't quite the same, but I have had a white streak in my hair since I was about eight or nine. My first boyfriend when I was 15 had a white streak in his hair too. So I'm not too afraid I've finding my first "proper" white hair. I know white hair isn't always an age thing though, a lot of the time it can be stress induced.

Anywhere
June 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I found a white hair on my own head a few weeks ago.

I know a guy who's my age who has a gray chunk of hair on the side of his head, but his is from some type of laser that was used to help fix his eye.

Tristania
June 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I found my first silver strand when I was 17:p

Ligeia_13
June 19th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't dream of pulling mine out, I love it :D

4C4rly4
June 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I found my first white hair when I was 16. I was so excited because it meant that I could finally dye my hair! (My mom wouldn't let me dye it when I was that age lol)
And it was pretty long too, so I wonder how I hadn't noticed it before.
I think I found my second one like a year later. I don't remember if I found a third one yet.

hellucy
June 20th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I found my 1st grey hair 3 years ago on my 30th birthday - Happy Birthday Me!
I'm afraid I did pull it out at the time & since then (pre-LHC) I have only seen 2 other greys both of which were also pulled out.... But last week I found a 1cm long new growth that is completely grey (its about an inch from my part and an inch back from my hairline) and I am completely fine with leaving it where it is this time :happydance:

4C4rly4
June 20th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I found my 1st grey hair 3 years ago on my 30th birthday - Happy Birthday Me!

Mine was a week after my 16th :D

lunalesca
June 20th, 2012, 04:35 AM
It's a good thing if you can think positively about it :)

I just found some above my temples, so I know how you feel ;)

Tristania
June 20th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I really wish my grays would cluster up in one spot. Silver streaks look so awesome, I'm actually considering having them put in chemically.

LaFlor
June 20th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I found one on my son, and he's only 2 years old! DH seems to get one after the birth of every child :D

BrightEyes
June 20th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I found my first white hair a couple years ago (so around 30), when I had put off coloring and had a few inches of regrowth showing. So far that's been the only one.

My DH has two patches of white hair each about an inch in circumference. His grandfather had a full head of pure white hair before he passed away. DH often says he hopes his hair does the same. I love his white patches, he's had them ever since I've known him and they make him unique.....and sexy:crush:

BrownEyedBeauty
July 21st, 2012, 09:33 PM
I found my first white hair when I was 34 years old. I have a few more now. I plucked out the first couple but have since stopped. Since my hair is so fine and I have so few white hairs, they are not noticeable yet.

bekstamonkey
July 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
I started noticing whites when i was about mid-late twenties, I don't mind them so much...the past couple years they've been less noticeable due to bleached streaks in top layer of hair, but now that I'm determined to stop bleaching, gonna see more and more I expect :P

mamaherrera
January 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
I started at 28 thanks to my husband that found them. I stressed out way too much about those first two, wish I wouldn't have because now I have 26,. Just at 31 I had like 13, but have really gotten a lot this last year. It sucks and I feel like I made them come. If only I could reverse them. . . .