PDA

View Full Version : My hair is thicker!

lynnala
August 19th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Last night I was having trouble getting to sleep and my braid kept bothering me on my neck. And then I realized, 'Hey! My braid is bothering me on my neck!' My braid used to be so thin that I couldn't even feel it, but I suddenly realized that now it was TOO THICK for me to lie on! Wow! I've been at LHC for 7 months now, and after trying many routines, I've settled on washing with a shampoo bar every 5 days or so, and a little Amla oil. More body too, it's much easier for me to do updos now, as I have 'more' hair to play with. Yahoo!:joy:

Cinnamon.locks
August 19th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I'm so happy for you! could you share how you got more thickness please. routine, products, brush? comb? what else?

Happy for you.

ChloeDharma
August 19th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Last night I was having trouble getting to sleep and my braid kept bothering me on my neck. And then I realized, 'Hey! My braid is bothering me on my neck!' My braid used to be so thin that I couldn't even feel it, but I suddenly realized that now it was TOO THICK for me to lie on! Wow! I've been at LHC for 7 months now, and after trying many routines, I've settled on washing with a shampoo bar every 5 days or so, and a little Amla oil. More body too, it's much easier for me to do updos now, as I have 'more' hair to play with. Yahoo!:joy:

Congratulations! :happydance:

Isn't it lovely when you finally notice an improvement! I agree with Cinnamon Locks, share whats changed.....has your diet improved? Also with the Amla oil, are you applying it to your scalp?

Diamondbell
August 19th, 2008, 03:17 AM
That's nice, congrats!:)

Arctic
August 19th, 2008, 04:34 AM
That's fantastic news! I'm happy for you! :joy: :puppykisses:

lynnala
August 19th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Well, first of all, I discovered that my hair does best by washing with shampoo bars, no rinse. The ACV rinse always made my hair a bit thin and stringy. I like the Cafe Moreno CV bar the best (and it makes my white hairs slightly darker!). I lather up 3 times, the first two lathers are very quick, just a 'prep', the last lather is the one I really work into my scalp and hair, even the length. I discovered that two lathers with the shampoo bar on my hair just didn't cut it. Let it air dry, then add the Amla oil, just a bit on the ends and to smooth out the frizzies. I also put a bit of Amla oil on my length at night before I braid it for sleep (oh yeah, I added a satin pillowcase to my routine too!). If I know I'm going to wash my hair the next day, I will rub the Amla oil into my scalp the night before.

I use a Denman D3 brush, I usually give my hair a brush before I go to bed. I mostly finger comb after washing (after it is dry), then put it up or in a braid. And I give myself little quicky head massage/scritches while I'm watching TV at night.

That's about it, I think!