PDA

View Full Version : Apologies Re: Closed Thread

Darscilla
March 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I am posting here to offer my heartfelt apologies for starting a thread that recently got closed. I won't link to it and draw more attention to it.
I am absolutely mortified that I have caused offence or even controversy; please believe me when I say that it was the last thing I intended, but in hindsight I can see how other members may have felt it was counter-productive to the positive vibe here at LHC.
If I breached any LHC guide-lines, again, I was completely unaware. LHC means the world to me, it is my only social contact, and I have the utmost respect for it.
So, again let me say how very sorry I am for 'rippling the waters' and I hope that my fellow LHC'ers won't change their opinion of me.
:blossom:

freznow
March 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I think I know which thread you were talking about, and it wasn't really your fault. It's just that having that thread coming up at the top of the main forum every time the mane forum page is opened is only intriguing for so long, and most of the posts end up being repetitive.

So yeah it's not your fault or the threads fault, it's just that there was little left to say in that thread that wouldn't be taking a turn for the worse, so it was time it said goodbye.

Trust me, everything's all good. :magic:

harpgal
March 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Darscilla this thread (while not one I particularly liked), lived out its usefulness. It is time to move on and just forget about it. I understand completely, how you feel because I, too, have made a few mistakes....just a few. LOL! Please do not think anything more about it.

Teacherbear
March 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
:flowers: Have no fear, Darscilla!

akurah
March 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
It's not entirely unheard of (at least, based on my general observation of the boards) for threads to be closed when they've outlived their usefulness, especially if there is a risk of it degrading into an argument (even though it may have started innocently or benignly).

I wasn't a big fan of the thread, but I didn't have a problem with it, and as far as I can tell you did nothing wrong by starting it.

If you did do something wrong a mod would have PM'd you, and from the sounds of things, that didn't happen.