PDA

View Full Version : What do you all use for frizzies?....

Julesn
August 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I am looking to get some advice on what some of you all use to put in your hair (when it's dry) to help with frizz & also add shine. I have always used Redken Glass, but since I've joined here, I'm trying to avoid all of the silicones (only b/c after joining here & experimenting, my hair seems to like cone-free better). Any ideas that you all have had success with would be greatly appreciated!

Julie :)

PS: I am 2a/2b hair type :)

girlcat36
August 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Try a dollop of aloe gel, one drop oil, and one drop glycerin mixed in your hand and applied to damp hair.

spidermom
August 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I've been using styling gel, currently Dove. Once I've combed out my hair, I rub styling gel between my wet palms (it seems to work better with a little water), then stroke my palms down the surface of my hair. Then I do whatever up-do I want to wear and apply a little more gel where needed or sometimes a bit of pomade or wax. This really works very well as long as I don't get caught in the wind or rain or comb/run my fingers through my hair. If I do, smoothing with wet palms or fingers over the surface renews the hold at least somewhat.

minkstole
August 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Jojoba oil on wet hair, only a few drops though

Slug Yoga
August 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I've used a small amount of aloe vera gel, rubbed onto my hands and smoothed lightly over hair.

manderly
August 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Coconut oil when wet to de-frizz. Then a drop rubbed over my dry hair to give shine.

chrissy-b
August 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Aloe vera gel, shea butter and coconut oil. I mix that all together with some of my favorite cone-free conditioner -- it makes a great leave-in/styling aid. Or you could use each one of those alone. Aloe does give a bit of hold too.

shellblue1
August 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Most of the time I use a silicone based product (serum or spray shine) to smooth my hair, but if I want something without silicone I use this:

Mix of Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, & Sweet Almond Oil:

Mix equal amounts of all three in a bowl and melt into liquid form (you can use a microwave and it doesn't hurt it). Pour mix into a little pot and use as a smoothing product once hardened. I just take a small bit from my little pot and rub my hands together. Then I smooth my hands over my hair.

This not only adds shine, but gets rid of frizzies. It is also better for your hair than anything silicone-based.

Rapunzelwannabe
August 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I've used a small amount of aloe vera gel, rubbed onto my hands and smoothed lightly over hair.

Ditto- it works just like hair gel for me, without the crunchy-ness that gel leaves as it dries

Honey39
August 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Aloe Vera Gel is my recent discovery - it is the best thing I have found at getting rid of frizz (my nemesis!). I'm not that good at working out how to apply it yet though. When I used it in a SMT, my hair was flawless.

Yesterday, I tried combing it through at the top and down, and then adding curl creme. It was the non-frizziest I have got it, but not quite there. But someone complimented me on my hair, so I guess that helped!

I use oil a lot anyway, but it doesn't work on my frizz at the top - I would have to add too much, and it would go greasy. I have SERIOUS frizz, lol. So I would say try the AVG, it smooths and definitely makes a difference. Doesn't go greasy either, and feels light and noticeably different.

Darkhorse1
August 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
baseball hat and a braid ;)

That's weird that the oil works--I once used a body spray with Aloe in it, on my hair because I was meeting new clients and I had 'horsey hair' smell. My hair was shining and not frizzy and smelled great! I guess the oil does help :D

Saranne772
August 19th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Well, if you mean the frizzies at the back of the neck when bunned- I damp them and then they form curls :D

And I leave any on the top of fly free- they frame my face and soften my hairline

Katze
August 19th, 2008, 03:30 AM
When my hair is still damp from washing, I put oil or leave-in conditioner (Goth Rosary is my fave) in it. The next morning (I shower nights) I "style" it with hair gel mixed with more leave-in, or with aloe vera *gel* (not the pure aloe; it does nothing).

Misting helps, but perhaps wouldn't be good at your length.

As a fellow ex-bleach-head, I know how hard it is and commend you for your perserverence! :)

peace

Katze

Elanor
August 19th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I mix pea-sized amount of conditioner and a few drops of almond oil or papaya seed oil on my palm and rub it on damp hair. Then I let my hair air dry, and if there are still frizzies I smooth them with a bit more oil.

Tapioca
August 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
My homemade snot concoction. Aloe gel and jojoba oil whipped together until it looks like you-know-what. If it's going on my hair, I'll add a few drops of BPAL (Sugar Moon...I'm in love), but I'll leave it unscented if it's for my face. A small dollop combed through towel-dried hair works for me.

C_Bookworm
August 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
pea sized amount of nexxus humectress

rhosyn_du
August 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
A drop or two of camellia oil on nearly-dry hair works wonders for me.

Anje
August 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I smear a little shea butter conditioning cream through mine. It's heavy, but it definitely gets the frizzy baby hair ends to stop sticking out every whichway.

Other times, I just put my hair up/back and ignore it.

wintersun99
August 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM