PDA

View Full Version : Laziest way to dye greying hair

SkyIsRed
October 23rd, 2012, 03:12 AM
My hubby got few white hairs, and these are very visible among his black long(ish) hair. Im trying to get him to dye, but you know how lazy and stubborn men can be!:) What would be the easiest way to dye hair? Im thinking along the lines of henna gloss, which is easy to apply in a conditioner form and builds up color slowly, but even easier:) Any ideas?

Pierre
October 23rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
I don't know your man, but I'm a man, and I love to henna! I just hennaed a couple of nights ago.

akilina
October 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Does he want red hair?? Henna=red. Henna over grays will especially be orange/coppery.
You say hes got black hair, so at best a two step henna and indigo would be nice if you were wanting to remain black.
Henna glosses arent very intense to me, but I know some people love them. I think it would take several applications to get out of the bright coppery color on grey strands.

However...the word "laziest" pops up, and while yes, you can be lazy with the henna on your head henna upkeep is sometimes intensive. Some people have given up on henna because its just too much upkeep. I know I quit for that reason. It is quicker and much cheaper for me to use chem dyes.
Applying it can be messy and difficult for some people, and then leaving it on for a long time can also be really irritating to some, or therapeutic for others.

"Easiest" way would have to be just slapping on the very hair friendliest dye you could find for him.

Its all up to him though..It doesnt seem that a guy would like having mud on their head for several hours especially with key words you posted like "lazy" "stubborn" and "easiest" Maybe I'm wrong.
(Pierre can be an exception! :D )

Oubli
October 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Easiest/Laziest would be a smidge of black shoe polish. I don't think there's an easy or lazy way to cover up greys. Sorry I couldn't help.

Unofficial_Rose
October 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Easiest/Laziest would be a smidge of black shoe polish. I don't think there's an easy or lazy way to cover up greys. Sorry I couldn't help.

Well hellooo David Gest. :D

pinchbeck
October 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Eek! Grey hair among black hair looks so nice. I wouldn't want to change that.