PDA

View Full Version : Got an appointment at the long hair clinic!

Hamh
October 23rd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Ok so I am just basically excited! I have made an apppoinent to visit Neil Ward on 1st december for a dry trim as this is the only thing I can afford and have the time for. I am only visiting family in London for the weekend but am still super excited as I need a little trim and am just grateful I can go to someone who I hope won't scalp me in the process!!

Can't wait as I have grown the last 18 months to get to where I am now and painstakingly taken care of my hair in the process. Looking forward to a salon trim without the fear if I'm honest!!

itdontmatter48
October 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a fabulous way to spend a weekend! While I do not know who Neil Ward is, I always look forward to a micro-trim. Travel safely Hamh!

blaketob
October 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure who he is either but I'm assuming a famous or popular hair stylist. I know you probably all have heard of the television show "Tabatha's Hair Salon" where she does makeovers for ****ty salons and teaches them how to run right. I really want to go to her salon once my hair is really long to get it styles and cut in a professional way where I know I'll be taken good care of :) I hope you enjoy your experience!

blaketob
October 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
excuse my language :p "bad salons"

Hamh
October 23rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the good vibes you peeps!

As far as I am aware, this salon is the only true long hair care salon in the UK. This is the blurb on Neil from website....

NEIL WARD (DIRECTOR)
Neil Ward the lord of long hair. Born into a hairdressing family in the northeast of England Neil has always loved working with long hair, to the point that other salons would recommend long hair clients to him.
After working in the family salon then managing and finally owning the High street salon in Stockton on Tees, in 1981 Neil decided to move Harrods to work with Dr Selinzki following the teachings of Dr George Michael Selinzki. Neil managed the long hair clinic in Harrods almost from conception, until moving the concept to Fortnum and Mason in 1988.
Now at The Long Hair Clinic at Patrick Ludde Salon; Neil continues the teachings of Dr George Michael.
If you have Long Hair Neil is the one to see.

I have to say some of the George Michael ideas I'm not so sure about (hair knows when you have bangs/layers and compensates??) but I'm excited to be having a trim with someone passionate about long hair and hopefully keeping it that way!!!

MrsGuther
October 23rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cool! Have fun at your long hair friendly salon appointment!! I wish there were some long hair friendly salons near me.

millyaulait
October 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Woo! I'd love to go there once I reach waist!

Do let us know how it goes! :D :D :D

jacqueline101
October 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
I wish you well on your hair trim.

owlathena
October 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
How exciting! I wish I could go someplace like that! Let us know how it goes!

Lostsoule77
October 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Sounds like the perfect place to get a trim. I hope you enjoy it! :D

Vanilla
October 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Good luck, sounds awesome :)

Hamh
December 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
UPDATE:

So had my appointment today and I have to say I am very happy!! Neil was absolutely lovely and really easy to talk to. He even said I was the second LHC'er to go there that week when I told him how I found out about the salon. He dry trimmed my hair all over taking the length dusting the splits only and took about an inch off the bottom to even out the ends. It was more than I would have liked to lose but seeing how uneven my last trim actually was it needed doing! My hair feels amazing and I was really chuffed when he told me my hair was in good condition! I am hoping after this trim my hair will grow a little better in terms of keeping its shape but I will definately be going back to him when I am next in London and would recomend him to try if you can!!

~honeyflower~
December 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
That is awesome to hear!:D

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM
That is great! :D Any before and after pics?

Hamh
December 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately I have no idea how to post photos!! Useless with technology, know I have to set an account up with a photo site first and link to it but no idea how to actually do this hahaha!

Hamh
December 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
See!!! I have no idea how I have copied someone else's picture above at all!!!!?!????!!! I'm that bad : )

jojo
December 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Glad your visit went well, how much exactly did he charge? If you dont mind me asking

Hamh
December 2nd, 2012, 01:28 AM
Not at all jojo - dry trim was £55.00. Would have loved to have a treatment and a set but it was looking like another 100plus so was a no go.

jojo
December 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Wow thats a lot but id rather pay £55 and be over the moon with my trim than pay a tenner and be unhappy! The treatments are supposed to be very good. I am 7 hours car drive away from London but one of these days im going to go down and get this done! Thanks for replying