PDA

View Full Version : How Long Is Too Long?

jennescence
October 19th, 2012, 08:13 PM
How long is too long to keep oil in your hair? I have been applying Coconut oil and after a few hours there is none in my hair so I apply even more. At this point my hair is like a sponge which is not normal for me. Should I keep applying until it doesn't soak in anymore?

Mamiberisha
October 19th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I wondered that too... Maybe some of the oil runs off? Maybe the hair absorbs it!

anitacs9101
October 19th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Same happens to me! I apply it in the morning and by the end of the day it's poofy again. It usually takes me 1-2~ days of oiling morning and night for it to stay sleek, and even then I have to refresh it sometimes.

SnowWhite
October 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I have almost APL hair and I use a lot of coconut oil. I can keep applying forever, my hair seems to absorb it... So I think my hair needs it :)
Could be the season as well... My hair becomes a lot drier if it's colder.

Perhaps we should try doing deep treatment's more often? Like heavy oiling for a few hours or overnight before washing?

jojo
October 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I've kept coconut oil on 2 days sometimes with no ill effects. it can be kept on your hair for as long as you want with no ill effects.

owlathena
October 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
I don't see any reason why it could be in your hair "too long." As long as its helping your hair, I say go for it.

Vrindi
October 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Do you live in a dry area? I live in the desert, and this happens to me. I will oil the ends and then keep oiling as needed until whenever I wash, anywhere from 2-5 days. Leaving the oil in your hair won't hurt it. It actually helps to protect it from the harsh sun, and in the winter, the dry cold.