PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Organics?

Xxanderia
October 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Has anyone tried this brand of shampoo/conditioner? I just ran across a sale on them and was wondering if anyone here has had any familiarity with them. Here's a link for one of the shampoos:
(It looks promising)

http://www.vitacost.com/avalon-organics-thickening-shampoo-biotin-b-complex-therapy-14-fl-oz-2

AdaClare
October 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I've tried their lavender shampoo and conditioner and love the smell! I liked it, but my hair prefers shampoo/conditioner with 'cones. :)

vanillabones
October 23rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I also tried the lavender one. I liked it a lot it worked well as a nonsls shampoo and that is what I always use. The bottle is small and I ran out of it fast. You can get it at Target.

lapushka
October 23rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
It's not that bad, but it's not worth the extra money (they're more expensive than "regular" shampoos & conditioners).

HairFaerie
October 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
I love them! I particularly love the ones with protein, however, I don't use the protein conditioner all of the time because it starts to weigh my hair down. I use it about once a week and it makes my hair so soft and silky! I also love the smell of all of their products! Oh...I forgot to mention I love their jasmine hair shine spray! :)

ETA: Oops! I was referring to Aubrey Organics! Wrong brand, sorry! I have used Avalon Organics clarifying shampoo & conditioner which I like and they work very well.

GrowingGlory
October 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Yes, I've used Lemon (clarifying), Ylang (shine), and Olive Oil and Grapeseed Oil. I liked them.

ravenreed
October 23rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
My hair does not get on with AO products. I think it is a YMMV situation.

Miss Maisie
October 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM
My hair absolutely loves the rosemary one. Absolutely LOVES!

Wahinee
October 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I've used the biotin shampoo before but I never repurchased it. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't find it to be anything special.

marlb91
October 24th, 2012, 01:00 PM
a friend gave me the ylang one and its lovely. it makes my hair really shiny, cleans my scalp and does not weigh down my fine hair or dry out my scalp. my shedding and dandruff has reduced alot since i found this mild sls free shampoo and wash every other day instead of failing at stretching washes. i dont use it every single time though because its so mild my hair would eventually get greasy so ill use something a bit more heavy duty like loreal sls free shampoo or just add an ACV rinse without any conditioner.

jeanniet
October 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
The lemon clarifying shampoo is great stuff. It clarifies really well but isn't overly drying. That's the only product I've tried, though.

sparrowswing
October 24th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I have an old bottle of the Rosemary shampoo that I absolutely love. The conditioner has cones, so I don't use it. But the shampoo is fabulous. It cleans better than any other sls-free shampoo I've tried, makes my hair super-shiny, and gives me some extra volume without frizz. It's also helped a lot with shedding.

I do need to use a different (stronger) shampoo once every month or so. I have very oily hair, though.

Manny1826
October 24th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I have tried it before, but it actually dried my hair a little. A shampoo I found that I absolutely love is from Fundamental Earth... makes my hair so soft, and seems to moisturize.

door72067
October 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I tried the lavender and then the rosemary but it had too much protein for my hair and I ended up giving them away

they smelled lovely, though

morrigan*
October 25th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I used rosemary conditioner, and i love it, it's a bit expensive, but still less than Aubry which doesn't have any effects on my hair.
My hair was shiny, silky and tangle free, i will try shampoo once i run out of shampoo i have. I also love the smell.
For me it was the best conditioner that i could use, i also dilute it a lot (like 2 parts water to one part conditioner).
I'm thinking of buying it again, but i'm using catnip right now.

They don't have cones for at least a year.

I have an old bottle of the Rosemary shampoo that I absolutely love. The conditioner has cones, so I don't use it. But the shampoo is fabulous. It cleans better than any other sls-free shampoo I've tried, makes my hair super-shiny, and gives me some extra volume without frizz. It's also helped a lot with shedding.

I do need to use a different (stronger) shampoo once every month or so. I have very oily hair, though.

dulce
November 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I have never tried their hair products yet but LOVE their vit c serum and their vit c cream!!!

rossjen
November 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I've tried the Rosemary Shampoo and the old version of the Lemon Verbena Clarifying Shampoo before they reformulated their haircare. I've had good luck with both of those. The formulation is really nice and they smell heavenly if you like those scents. I had less luck with their Biotin Shampoo, which left a residue in my hair (but again, this was the old formulation).