PDA

View Full Version : what is the best water softener

sss
October 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I am looking to purchase a water softener because I have hard water what are some of the best water softeners out there? Price is not an issue.

Natalia
October 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I am looking to purchase a water softener because I have hard water what are some of the best water softeners out there? Price is not an issue.

Are you looking for a whole home system? Are your indoor and outdoor lines plumbed sparatly? Does your area have any restrictions on what kind you can have?

I live in a house that has separate plumbing for indoors and outdoors and we are allowed to have a sodium based system. My aunt has combined plumbing and lives in an area that banns both potasium and sodium systems so she had to get coconut carbon.

Personally i would choose to keep the potasium/sodium charged system they are cheaper to buy and maintain and i know they work for me. Also coconut and i have a complicated allergenic relaltionship and i dont want to have to worry about reacting to my water. If you cant have a whole home system like in an appartment you can get a sodium/potassium tank for your showerhead or sink. In that case you may want to look at RV systems such as a waterstick which is what i will get when i move and wont have a whole home system for a while. Others make small tanks that you can hook into your system.

Good luck!