PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with my scalp

EyeFuzz
October 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I went to a doctor and she recommended Head and Shoulder since I've been having problems with dandruff and my scalp.

Unfortunately I've been trying my best to be sulfate and cone free. Another recommendation was a shampoo containing tea tree oil. I've tried the search function but haven't gotten anything yet.

Are there any tea tree oil shampoos that are sulfate and cone free out there?

DinaAG
October 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM
have you tried a mixture of aloe vera gel-rosemary oil-tea tree oil-peppermint oil? massage your scalp with a little of that, for me it helps hope the same with you, also do not forget the vinegar rinses

EyeFuzz
October 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM
have you tried a mixture of aloe vera gel-rosemary oil-tea tree oil-peppermint oil? massage your scalp with a little of that, for me it helps hope the same with you, also do not forget the vinegar rinses

How do you use your vinegar rinses? I usually only rise with vinegar once every three months.

DinaAG
October 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
every time after i shampoo and condition and rinse, i make a final rinse with 1 cup of 1/4 cup of vinegar and 3/4 water and let it air dry, that helps with balancing my scalp's PH which helped with the dandruff

rtree721
October 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Trader Joe's has an organic shampoo called Tea Tree Tingle... that may be something to look in to.

IzzyFlyy
October 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I get dandruff and buildup on my scalp bad, its itchy and gross... I have tried head and shoulders, CO, wen and all kinds of shampoo, nothing worked. By the next day I was itching and needed to wash the scalp again. The ONLY thing I have found that works and I have been using for almost 10 yrs is selsun blue, the moisturizing one with the blue cap with selenium sulfide as the active ingredient. I shampoo once or twice a week and don't get itchy but still have a tiny bit of buildup. I have tried to use something sulfate free and Co cause its better for the hair and whatnot but I just cant. I love selsun blue and my hair gets kinda crappy when I try something else.

IzzyFlyy
October 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I however never tried vinegar rinses or tea tree oil shampoo

EyeFuzz
October 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your suggestions guys, I'll make the changes accordingly. Unfortunately I don't have a trader joe's nearby so i'll have to look at getting online perhaps. Thanks again! :D