PDA

View Full Version : Why is my hair unbleachable?

EmmaDStrange
October 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I have used colour b4 on my dyed black hair a fair few times, now i have a gingery mid-brown hair colour. I'm trying to get back to ash blonde, but it looks like its never going to happen. :(

I have tried bleaching it twice now (Sorry, I know it's a taboo, but I NEED my haircolour to be sorted) and both times, nothing. My hair colour didn't even lift a bit, I was using 40 vol bleach powder and peroxide.

Why oh why isn't it working? :(

Thanks,
Emma

Bunnysaur
October 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I have used colour b4 on my dyed black hair a fair few times, now i have a gingery mid-brown hair colour. I'm trying to get back to ash blonde, but it looks like its never going to happen. :(

I have tried bleaching it twice now (Sorry, I know it's a taboo, but I NEED my haircolour to be sorted) and both times, nothing. My hair colour didn't even lift a bit, I was using 40 vol bleach powder and peroxide.

Why oh why isn't it working? :(

Thanks,
Emma

My hair doesn't bleach either. I tried to dip-dye my ends this summer, and after bleaching them for almost 2.5 hours(!!!), my hair was barely any lighter, and the dye still wouldn't stick. Maybe your hair is just super resilient?

hufflepug
October 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
It's probably because of the black dye. I tried bleaching to go red in the spring, and my ends, where there was black dye in the past, didn't lighten at all. You can try a color stripper like color oops before bleaching again but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I wound up having to cut off about 4", and my ends are still pretty dry.

MrsGuther
October 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
It's most likely because of the black dye. Be careful with bleach!! It will melt your hair and make it break off! My advice is go to a professional to get your hair color worked on. Just say no to the bleach! Lol

EmmaDStrange
October 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM
All the hairdressers I have spoken too (And trust me, it's been a lot, I'm desperate!) have said that all they could try is highlights, but I really don't want highlights, I don't like the look.

SO, it looks like, I'm growing out the black dye, which is a shame, because my black hair is about 28" long, so I'm gonna have to wait a while till I can cut it off, maybe when my natural hair gets to my shoulder. Then, I'll start all over! Haha!

akilina
October 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
All the hairdressers I have spoken too (And trust me, it's been a lot, I'm desperate!) have said that all they could try is highlights, but I really don't want highlights, I don't like the look.

SO, it looks like, I'm growing out the black dye, which is a shame, because my black hair is about 28" long, so I'm gonna have to wait a while till I can cut it off, maybe when my natural hair gets to my shoulder. Then, I'll start all over! Haha!
The reason that is said is probably in attempt to not FRY all of your hair off. Highlights are not what you want, but its probably the best bet to gradually get this black and other shades you do not like out.

Are you just wanting to match your natural color?

As for bleach...plllleeeaseeee stop putting 40 vol on your poor hair!
Why not try bleach soap caps and use a lower vol developer?

If you do use color oops again as someone suggested, avoid doing anything else to it involving any peroxide for several days, as you risk redarkening (it will happen).

Good luck! Its so frustrating and difficult to get black out, also very damaging mostly always :( I decided to stop trying and just start enjoying dyed black hair. Im happy with this choice.