PDA

View Full Version : problem w/Friendship Requests via email

Dulci
March 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Not sure if this is already on the "to fix" list, but the link I am given when I receive a Friendship request via email is wrong. The url I am given is:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

I have to add "www." between the backslashes and forums like this:

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=buddylist

Was wondering if it was possible to fix the urls in the emails.

harpgal
March 17th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks Dulci! I will take this to the "others" and see about getting a fix for it.

dancingbarefoot
March 17th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I have no idea, but I'll pass it along to Steph. Thanks for letting us know, Dulci. :)

ETA: oops, posted at the same time as harpgal :silly:

Dulci
March 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks y'all!

Delila
March 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
The URL works fine for me, just as it is. Is that bad?

Dulci
March 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Delila, really? Hmmm. I'm using Firefox right now, if I try to click on the emailed url I get nowhere. Let me see if it works with IE...nope, that doesn't work for me either, I have to add the www.

Maybe it's just me?

Broken Angel
March 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Delila, really? Hmmm. I'm using Firefox right now, if I try to click on the emailed url I get nowhere. Let me see if it works with IE...nope, that doesn't work for me either, I have to add the www.

Maybe it's just me?

Could your operating system have anything to do with it? I use Windows (XP Pro to be specific), and normally all URLs, even those without the "www" in it work just fine. Are you running a Mac operating system or Windows?

Dulci
March 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Could your operating system have anything to do with it? I use Windows (XP Pro to be specific), and normally all URLs, even those without the "www" in it work just fine. Are you running a Mac operating system or Windows?

Let's see...I'm running Windows XP version 5.1.2600

What's funny is that I can type the url to other boards and not put the www, it works fine. So far, it is just this board.

Broken Angel
March 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Let's see...I'm running Windows XP version 5.1.2600

What's funny is that I can type the url to other boards and not put the www, it works fine. So far, it is just this board.

Well, seeing that I would say it's not your Operating System. It is rather peculiar. Hopefully the emails can be changed.

Flaxen
March 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Weird, but I don't think it's an error in the email. forums.longhaircommunity.com is correct, and I also can click through just fine. What email client do you have?

darkwaves
March 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Dulci -- it's not just you.

I get exactly the same error. When I click the link provided for a friend request, it won't open a page, so I have to open the main forum page and click into my profile instead.

I use Firefox, and a Web based e-mail system, if that's any help to the troubleshooting mods.

Dulci
March 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
darkwaves, I'm sorry you have this problem too, but at least we're not alone!

Flaxen, I'm not sure what you mean by email client. Do you mean microsoft's Outlook Express?

Flaxen
March 19th, 2008, 12:42 PM
darkwaves, I'm sorry you have this problem too, but at least we're not alone!

Flaxen, I'm not sure what you mean by email client. Do you mean microsoft's Outlook Express?
Yep, that's what I meant. I thought I might do a little investigating. ;)

Flaxen
March 19th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, the news is that I can click through the URL in Outlook Express just fine. :undecided

Dulci, I'd say it's some kind of email setting.

HairColoredHair
March 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I had the same thing happen. I was wondering how I was getting emails when it wasn't up...

Then I tried it at work...

It worked fine there...

Flaxen
March 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well now I'm thinking firewall issue.

harpgal
March 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Well now I'm thinking firewall issue.
Me too. Are you using Norton or something like that?

Dulci
March 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Me too. Are you using Norton or something like that?

We've got McAfee. I'll get DH to have a look at it, I don't ever mess with that thing.