PDA

View Full Version : Just an update

linnepinne
October 16th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry guys, no pics! My camera is bust and my cellphone just wont cut it. But I still want to do an update on my hair and my hair care routine. :p

I recently had my 2 year LHC-anniversary and I now measure in at 26 inches! And I'm sooooo close to BSL, I think I will definitely get there before the end of the year which was my goal for 2012. Yay!
I've had 7 inches of growth in 2 years, which is something like what I expected since I'm not a fast grower. My hair strands are thin and I need to trim quite often to get rid of splits and ratty ends. Though I think I will quit the salon now for quite some time (use to go 2 times a year and do small trims at home in between) and just do bi-monthly microtrims myself.

Right now I've gone back to using the CO-method, since I find that it helps my very active scalp to be a bit more relaxed and not produce as much grease. I'm still battling this, but I think I found a way (a product actually) to cope, and to stretch my washes to every 4-5 days. It's called Kisby and is a CO friendly, alcohol free dry shampoo which consist mostly of different types of starches. It's a French brand but it's easily available here in Sweden (Åhléns) but hopefully it's something you will be able to find if you want to try it out. Here's their French homepage:

http://www.kisby.com/notre-gamme

For some reason home made remedies like corn starch or baby powder never worked for me, I'd just get a sort of cakey feeling which was gross. But this works like a charm! And I put it in my hair on day 2 or 3 after washing and it helps me stretch a couple more days.

I continue to oil my hair and EVOO is my oil of choice, I use it for heavy over-night oilings the night before I wash. I also use it for light oilings after wash and sometimes on the other days between when I feel like my hair is dry and need a little extra shine and nourishment. Some people feel like EVOO is a little heavy, and I've even seen some comments that fine-haired people should avoid it. But olive is the oil that works absolutely best for me, hands down, and coconut, or any other "light" oil could never mesure up :p
Don't get me wrong, advice can be really good, but I guess this proves that you can't really decide that some things aren't for you unless you actually try them yourself. For me it's all about the amount of oil I use. Less is absolutely more when it comes to EVOO! :D

I also started using a mister bottle (again) with some diluted cone free condish (Born Again Essential Treatment by Kevin Murphy) and a few drops of Aloe Vera concentrate. I use this to tame frizz and straighten out braidwaves from sleeping (I fint that braidwaves sometimes makes my hair more frizzy and tangled, even if I wear my hair up in bun during the day). The ingredients also makes this into a very light moistuizing leave in. I use it about once or twice a day depending on how dry my hair feels.

The other day I did an SMT and it hit me that I hadn't done one in like a million years (don't ask me why, I sometimes forget important stuff like this!), and it was AWESOME! Shiny shiny happy and moisturized hair from root to tip. I must really make a habit out of doing this. Once a week maybe. Though I prefer using aloe conentrate (liquid) because Aloe gel never works for my hair. It makes it a bit dry, coated and tangly. I think it's the thickening agents of the gel. The gel is wonderful for my face though! Keeps the spots away and helps with replenishing moisture.

I had a salon trim about a month ago som my ends feel really fresh and my hair looks like it's in good condition and it's nice and shiny most days. I haven't seen an improvement in thickness or growth rate, but thats not important to me right now. I'm just happy to realize that what I do to my hair seems to work and I can sucessfully grow my hair. But the question now remains: How long? :cheese:

linnepinne
October 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
OMG! This post is a mile long! Sorry guys...

biogirl87
October 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Perfectly fine, linnepinne. Whatever it takes to get the points across when you don't have a working camera nearby.