PDA

View Full Version : Widely spaces boar bristle brush?

DarleneH
October 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
One reason I don't like using a BBB is it feels like it is just tearing through my hair. Are there any with much more widely spaced bristles? I feel like that would be better.

Madora
October 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Check out Target, WalMart, Walgreen's, any drug store or beauty supply store. There are wider space bbbs out there.

Be sure you detangle your hair before using your brush.

melusine963
October 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Make sure your hair is already thoroughly detangled before you start brushing, and then brush it in small sections. That should help you avoid any ripping.

HintOfMint
October 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
You may want to consider whether your hair is possibly too fine for a BBB. The tufts of closely packed bristles serve a distinct purpose of smoothing hair by dragging scalp oils downward. That motion may be too rough for super-fine hair. Maybe a wooden comb or brush could provide the same job, just gentler?

whiteorchid
October 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Yes, you can find BBBs that have widely spaced bristles. I've found that brushing my hair in sections is really gentle on my hair. My hair is also fine. I make sure my hair is thoroughly detangled first with a comb, and then I start brushing the underlayers, working my way up to the top layers. I also clean my BBB after each use (dry cleaning just to get out any hair I've shed).

Othala
October 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
A Denman D82L.

eros
October 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I was wondering the same thing. The bristles seem so harsh to brush your hair with!