PDA

View Full Version : Cones just come off my hair?

Katahdin
August 18th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'm new to growing out my hair, and I'm testing how my hair reacts to cones and how it behaves w/o them.

So far, there's only a difference in the first few hours after washing. When I stroke my hair after washing with cones, it almost feels like the cones just come right off my hair. I don't feel excessive build-up in my hair or anything, but after running my fingers through it, they feel a tad waxy. 24 hours after washing, my hair looks and feels exactly like it does after washing w/o and cones, so I can only assume that the cones just don't stick to my hair at all.

The "to cone or not to cone" guide says that as far as the author has heard, you need at least some kind of detergent to get cones off.

So, just curious, anyone else had this happen to them, or is my hair just odd and rejects cones?

aisling
August 18th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Well, if you've just washed once with cones, you can't really expect much of build up yet, as build up accumulates over time, builds up :) After just one wash, you can't assume really anything much.

Even if you feel like the cones comes off when you stroke your hair, I think you shouldn't rely on that. The somewhat oily feeling isn't completely uncommon, I've experienced that with some cone products myself and I'm pretty sure I've had a nice layer of cones left in my hair anyway. After a couple of weeks you might be better of telling the difference, if there is any, than only after a day or two.

FrannyG
August 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Well, of course it depends on how coney your products are and what kind of cones is in your product, first of all.

Secondly, you didn't say how long you've been trying it. In my experience, it does take a good clarifying wash to have my hair completely stripped of cones, after about 3 or 4 uses of a highly coned conditioner.

Depending on the condition of your hair, your dry hair may feel different after a day or two, simply from your hair being manipulated, but that doesn't mean that the cones are gone.

The best way to test that is to feel your hair when you wet it the next time. Usually, it will still feel coated somewhat when wet.

I hope something in there is helpful to you. :)