PDA

View Full Version : My Mom's Hair

Ravenwind
October 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hello :)

Since I have started taking better care of my hair, I've been trying to get my mom to do the same. She has short hair, kind of like a long pixie cut. She gets root touch ups and highlights regularly, and washes and blowdry her hair everyday. I've told her several times not to do that ;)

However, her hair is very thin, on the dry side, and she doesn't have a lot of hair. She's in her 50s.

Now I know the constant blowdrying and styling can take a toll on hair, but she works in a law office and always has to have her hair done (even on the weekends).

The other day I put some caster oil in her hair/on scalp along with redwood roots hair mist (which is awesome by the way). Is there anything else I can have her do to gain back thickness and growth? We're both taking hair, skin & nail supplements and those really help. I have mentioned to her about a cassia treatment, but how would that work since she colors and highlights her hair?

Thanks!

jacqueline101
October 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'd suggest monistat for growth I've bleached high lights in mine and it didn't hurt them. I'd try the assie three minute miracle it did wonders for my hair.

missannie
October 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I love CO washes it has made such a difference in my hair I am so amazed by it. Its soft healthy and shiny. I am also loving coconut oil with rosemary essential oil added. I think your own experimenting will help you find what works best for you. Besides it fun trying new things!

Ravenwind
October 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'd suggest monistat for growth I've bleached high lights in mine and it didn't hurt them. I'd try the assie three minute miracle it did wonders for my hair.

I'm not sure how my mom would feel about using monistat.. lol I don't think she would honestly, but thanks for the suggestion :) I agree the three minute miracle is awesome too.

I love CO washes it has made such a difference in my hair I am so amazed by it. Its soft healthy and shiny. I am also loving coconut oil with rosemary essential oil added. I think your own experimenting will help you find what works best for you. Besides it fun trying new things!

I have found what works for me, I just need tips on what to do for my mom's hair so she can grow back thickness. :)

AineMuirne
October 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Aloe vera juice! I hardly shed at all since adding it to my vinegar rinse. She can use it by itself as a pre-wash leave-in (for like an hour or so) or use it as a rinse in the shower. I use it in the shower after shampooing, condition over it, then wash it out after letting it all sit for about ten minutes. It also softens hair nicely and prevents tangles throughout the day (although that's probably not a huge concern since your mother's hair is short).

Ravenwind
October 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Aloe vera juice! I hardly shed at all since adding it to my vinegar rinse. She can use it by itself as a pre-wash leave-in (for like an hour or so) or use it as a rinse in the shower. I use it in the shower after shampooing, condition over it, then wash it out after letting it all sit for about ten minutes. It also softens hair nicely and prevents tangles throughout the day (although that's probably not a huge concern since your mother's hair is short).

I may have to try that myself :) Does it do anything for thickness?

Kome
October 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I've been taking Biotin for about a year now. It takes about six months to start working, but it's definitely working. It helps hair and nail growth and strength.

AineMuirne
October 18th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I may have to try that myself :) Does it do anything for thickness?

I kept meaning to measure my ponytail, so I finally did... something added thickness, because it was 2.5" when I joined and now it's a solid 3"! That makes me happy!