PDA

View Full Version : Castor oil works

spirals
October 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Well, I think so. I've been using it for a few weeks on my eyebrows and I'm seeing hairs I haven't seen in 15 years. I have also added it to my hair rinse, and now I have baby hairs at the temples, which I don't usually have.

gthlvrmx
October 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
im so glad it works for you!

Fairlight63
October 14th, 2012, 09:04 PM
That sounds really good! I need to try it on my eyebrows also.

Please tell more about how you mix it into your hair rinse, that sounds interesting also.

girlcat36
October 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I've also had good luck with castor oil. Lots of new growth. I'm curious about the hair rinse, too.

spirals
October 14th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm not great at consistent measurements, but here's the gist: in an 8-ounce bottle put 2 teaspoons citric acid and 1 teaspoon castor oil. Fill it up with warm water. Keep it in the shower, and when you go to do a rinse, shake the bottle and pour 2 tablespoons of that in a big cup and fill with water. Concentrate on pouring it on your scalp and letting it run down the length. Condition if you use it, letting it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing it all out. I'm guessing oil and water don't mix, so some of the oil stays on your scalp. For eyebrows I apply it generously before bedtime.

thirstylocks
October 15th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Castor oil didn't work for me as a hair growth stimulant :( It did keep my hair pretty strong. Congrats though!

Avital88
October 15th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Glad it works for you! It works for sure for me too,new growth and fast growth, i use it at least twice a week as a scalpmassage. Once when i applied it 5 times a week for 2 weeks and also co washed only that 2 weeks my hair grew 1 inch.
I truely believe in that oil

Allychan
October 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I swear by the stuff. I massage it into my hair 3x a week

rock007junkie
October 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I would love to start using it and tried but it's impossible to get it on just my scalp without making the rest of my hair an oily mess. One of these days I may have to start experimenting with this oil again

jacqueline101
October 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I've never tried it I might keep it in mind. I'm glad you had great growth.

biogirl87
October 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Congrats on your find. I've seen contradicting reports of hair growth with castor oil and have been a bit leery of trying it. Good for you for being able to make it work for your hair.