PDA

View Full Version : Back at Classic!!! Now what?!

kissedbyfyre
August 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Another WOHO!!! I'm back at classic after cutting it to tailbone about 6 months back. Seems my hair is going through a crazy growth stage. I'm not complaining. Please excuse the PJ's. It's been a, cleaning up and slumming around the house day.

About a year of No Poo, I believe. I oil the tips on a daily basis with jojoba oil. I just recently switched to comb only. Once a week, about 2 days before I plan to wash it I do a heavy oiling and either braid it back or put it back in a bun. It's up 95% of the time. The waves are a very new development, before it was stick straight with some body wave. I believe it's due to the added moisture.

I'm thinking I'll maintain classic until I'm happy with the hemline. Right now, I'm not happy but I don't want to cut off too much. Then, I'm thinking I'll aim for mid thighs.

Is it just me or is growing one's hair out to crazy lengths oddly addicting???

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/laughingsatyr/hair/HairAugust.jpg

Ven
August 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the awesome growth! You will get your hemline to where you want it to be in no time at all.

Regards,
~Ven

Teazel
August 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Wow, it's looking terrific - but then, it always does! :D

Congrats on getting to classic again! And you're right, hair-growing can be addictive... I've been at classic for a while now, trimming out the layers, and now I feel ready to move on to fingertip. :eyebrows:

kissedbyfyre
August 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Congrats on the awesome growth! You will get your hemline to where you want it to be in no time at all.

Regards,
~Ven

Thanks!! I'm hoping the crazy growth will continue so I can neaten up the hemline quickly and continue growing. Now, I think growing it out is just habit. :)

kissedbyfyre
August 17th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, it's looking terrific - but then, it always does! :D

Congrats on getting to classic again! And you're right, hair-growing can be addictive... I've been at classic for a while now, trimming out the layers, and now I feel ready to move on to fingertip. :eyebrows:

Thank you!!!

Fingertip is very very tempting! It would be so awesome having hair that long. :) Just imagine how impressive the braids would look. I bet your hair looks beautiful at classic and will be even more jaw dropping at fingertip length. :)

Slug Yoga
August 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous--like, dream-hair. What do you mean by comb-only?

kissedbyfyre
August 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous--like, dream-hair. What do you mean by comb-only?

Thank you! :grnbiggri

I've switched to using just a wooden comb instead of brushes as an experiment. So far it seems to be working out pretty well but it requires a bit more time to brush it out than it does when I use a brush.

Cinnamon.locks
August 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Congrats on reaching classic. lovely hair! it must be difficult to take the knots out with only a comb, but the hair looks beautiful. shiny, looking very soft. wish my hair will look as good as yours when / if i reach classic. you are one of my idols.

Juneii
August 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
congrats on reaching classic
growing hair to long lengths is very addicting.
I haven't even reached my goal of TB yet but I'm already considering classic after seeing everyone's hair at that length XD

naomimcc
August 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well thank you KBF!! Just today I was thinking I REALLY wanted to hack my hair back to pixie - even to the point I was looking online for a cute cut. But after hopping out of the shower after a good wash and condish and wearing it down (which I do rarely cuz of the babe) and seeing your update pic - I ain't cuttin'. I'm at tailbone right now and classic would be awesome. So..onto goal 2. I'm also going to use your oiling routine and see what happens. Every once and awhile I see a hint of wave but it disappears. I wonder if that would work?

Angellen
August 17th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Wow, what stunning tresses you have! The color is gorgeous and the length is quite impressive indeed. :) Congratulations!

Kyannah
August 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Wow. Your hair is truly stunning, especially the colour.

D-eath
August 18th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Grow it longer! ;)

Islandgrrl
August 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Oh, so beautiful! I aspire to have such wonderful hair!

Xandergrammy
August 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
It's not just you- it IS addicting! I just wish I could have a growth spurt like yours! Your hair looks awesome!

Arctic
August 18th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Inspirational and :thud: worthy hair :) Congratulations!

mellie
August 18th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Your hair is beautiful and inspiring!!!

Chamomile betty
August 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Congrats on reaching Classic again.
Your hair is so pretty and I love the color.

freznow
August 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm always amazed when I see someone at classic, because my hair is classic, but even in pictures it seems I never have that much hair!

But it is definitely addicting. At waist, it's like "Well, this is nice, but I can't wait for tailbone when it'll be finally long." At tailbone I think "Well, this is nice, but I can't wait for classic, when it'll truly be long." then at classic it's "Well, this is nice, but I can't wait for fingertip when it will truly be long-long." It just never is long enough!

harpgal
August 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Well done, KBF! Maintaining at classic is a great idea. Classic is my favorite length. :)

xrosiex
August 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
WOW you have beautiful classic length hair. I dream of hair like yours:).

RedRose
August 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Congrats on the growth rate. :-)

feralnature
August 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I do believe it is addicting....I just joined this forum in January and I'm addicted. I had waist length hair as a child and teen. Now I MUST have it back!

jojo
August 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM
You have my dream hair, I really want to reach classic length as I think its the most beautiful.

Alley Cat
August 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Congratulations your hair looks very pretty kissedbyfyre :inlove:

kissedbyfyre
August 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you SOO much everyone! :)

Nice to find that others find growing out hair addicting. My SO just saw the photo and was really shocked at the length. Even HE didn't notice how long it's gotten. Guess that shows how often I have it up. I told him I'm thinking of aiming for fingertip length, he got such a great look of excitement and awe and well, it suggested other things, hehe. :cheese:

Saranne772
August 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Beautiful!! :) And very addictive, VERY!! :lol:

Solange
August 19th, 2008, 03:51 AM
That is some amazing hair! The color (I'm sure you hear that a LOT), the shine, etc. Growing it longer IS addictive. I was sure I was going to stop at classic length, and now I'm at knee length. I've been staying there for a few years now, because I don't find I have enough thickness at the ends once they're on my calves.