PDA

View Full Version : Frustration!!!

Oberon88
August 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I just learned how to do an infinity bun (yay me!!!) BUT I hate how its so thin on the left side :ponder:
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/Smokybo/Photo80.jpg

But I am exceedingly frustrated with the layering in my hair. My longest layer is at my waist but the shortest is above BSL. I also am growing out my bangs.

My hair is pretty fine, but I have a lot of it (type ii thickness). However, whenever I do updos, as you can see in the photo, its always super thin at the bottom or on the one side, resulting in small or awkward updos. The same thing happens when my hair is braided. I have good thickness at the top tapering down to little skinny ends. :shake:

Are there any updos that disguise this? Or do I just have to suck it up until it all grows out? I don't want to cut up to my shortest layers and start over.

Thanks!

EvaSimone
August 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I have layers like you too, shortest at BSL and longest at waist. If I am careful about my cinnabuns I can usually shove the thinner part under the bun and then use sticks or a Ficcare and it looks OKAY. But it never really looks perfectly even... I like to think that my buns are sort of "perfectly imperfect" :D

harley mama
August 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
My hair isn't layered but, I have a lot of taper due to recent illness. When I twist my hair up in an infinity bun I try to make the twist looser than I used to do it. That way the bun appears bigger.

Darkhorse1
August 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I was able to do this a grand total of once---thanks to Stagecoach's youtube video. My sticks that I got aren't strong enough to support this style, and I was worried they'd break, so I'll have to invest in stronger ones.

I think it looks great O!

Oberon88
August 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks Darkhorse, I was super excited but then I thought 'blargh! Its lopsided'

Periwinkle
August 18th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I have the same problem. My layers mean that infinities just don't work: when dry, my hair isn't long enough to form the second loop, and when wet, the layers all fall out.

However, I have absoltely no problem with figure 8s, so perhaps you could try that? It's insane, because it's the same style really, but I have about an inch of hair to spare in a fig. 8 and my layers all stay put perfectly but I can't manage an infinity at all.