PDA

View Full Version : Protecting delicate nape hairs

TeaEarlGreyHot
October 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
In the upper Midwest it is critical for me to wear something around my neck (be it a jacket zipped up or a scarf or both) in the fall/winter. So, HOW on earth do I protect those little hairs around my hairline in the back? They end up broken, frizzy, knotted, etc. I'm only talking about the tiniest bit of hair but it makes me look a little mad scientist after being outside. I've tried extra coconut oil in that area, but all protective styles that I need to utilize to protect from the crazy wind here leaves those hairs vulnerable. My next step if I didn't ask here first would be to try aloe gel while putting my hair up in the morning.

lapushka
October 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Seriously. Extra conditioner when you wash your hair for that area. The "greasier", well that's not exactly the word I'm looking for, but the... smoother, more moist, I guess, you can keep those nape hairs the better.

LadyLongLocks
October 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I have tons of short nape hairs now because I have been babysitting and she loves to grab those hairs while my hair is up and I am holding her.
It's hard to release the hair from little clammy fingers! I expect her to outgrow this soon and then my hair will recover.