PDA

View Full Version : Volume problem

free_hug
August 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hi, all, another newbie here.
In fact, I'm a determined hair-lover & adore long hair. Problem is, I happen to be a person who doesn't suit long hair (hm, do you say it like this in English? Whatever, i guess you'll get it.)

B/c: oblong face (which would suit, if i could get any volume), rather fine-ish hair and not very thick either.

Now, after about 10 inches it all just gets flat and looks awful.
Any tricks to keep up the volume for fine hair? It's more wavy than not, so shouldnt be a hopeless case...

May i expect some help from the more experienced, Thank you -
fh

spidermom
August 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
One thing you could do is lean over so your hair falls toward the floor and use a little gel or mousse at the roots. It works even better if you give the roots a little blast with your hair dryer. You can also clip your hair in a scrunched up position at the top while it dries, which will maintain some volume. There's also the option of having just a bit of layering done in the front/top.

Arctic
August 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
My hair used to be really limp, and got better with henna, coconut oil, and with good amounth of moisture.

Xi
August 17th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I convince my relatively straight and fine hair to have volume with braid-waves: I put damp hair in two braids, and when they are dry I take them out and gently comb them. Perhaps this would work even better with fairly wavy hair?

Cinnamon.locks
August 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
A few questions so we can help you better.

What is your hair cut? one length? layers?

What products do you use? do they have cones? (dimethicone) any other ingredients that end with cones?

Do you straighten your hair? or let it curl as it wishes?

Do you use a leave-in? how much?

what is your routine for washing? do you use shampoo and condish? are the products very thick? weigh down your hair alot?

Now a little encouragement; I have basically straight hair reaching waist and baby fine and i have always loved Cher's hair look in her early career with Sonny. straight and framing face. i have a kind of square shaped face and have always been told i could never have long hair, but my mom pushed those comments aside and i had long hair until i turned 9. and for the last 20 years i have always wear it long so for me it does not depend on what others think but what i believe. it depends on you, if you want long hair then let it grow, if you have to change routine do so, but don't let others influence you or the shape of your face. anyone can have long hair. I remember i once met a woman who was so thin her face looked hollow around the cheeks and her hair was knee length. i thought she didn't look good with such long hair because it was straight and framing her face but when we talked she reminded me that it depends on you, what you want and think, not others ideas and thoughts.

HTH.