PDA

View Full Version : Well done, mother! Not.

Gothic Lolita
August 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
My mother was a hair dresser, but never worked in the job. I asked her if she cut cut my ends, because they were damaged and split. I said that I wanted maximum 1 centimetre taken off. She said that this was okay.

Before she trimmed I was at "Can I call this hip?". After it looks like end of waist length!

Well done. Really. I coulnd't approve any more. Just now my hair began to "feel" long. Now I have to wait again and again, just because she didn't listen to me. I really hope that I'll get this length back soon. :mad:
I mean, I wanted to e at tailbone when I graduate in June 2009. Now I doubt that I will.

Brianna
August 17th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I had the same thing happen the last time I had my hair cut. :( Asked for 1 centimeter, got 5. Went from almost waist to BSL. It's quite disheartening.

I'm sorry that it happened to you too! Especially considering it was your mother, and not just some hairdresser. But I hope it grows out again quickly! :)

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Awww Im sorry to hear about that. I hope you do reach tailbone. Have you tried herb suppliments to speed up growth rate? They really work for me!

Gothic Lolita
August 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
You're so nice. It always encourages me to go on when something like this happens. I love LHC.

Saranne: I take a supplement designed for hair, it's zinc + Vitamin B complex. I think they help a bit but I want to try a bit more. When kind of herb supplement do you take?

Has anybody tried rosemary rinses for growth? They're supposed to be warming, so they maybe could help.

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Well, I have biotin. But very high dose- I think its 200% above RDA. *goes to look*

No its 666% of RDA and I take 2 tabs
Also-
Chelated Manganese- can be harmful so I take RDA
High strength Silica
And Holland and Barrett Vitamins for the hair.

Also Ive been doing the Monistat treatment once a week the day before washing

kowlrea
August 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM
sorry to hear , maybe next time you can try the Feye's trimming method, You hair is long enough to be able to do it , then you can blame noone but yourself if it comes out wrong .DIY all the wayyy

Darkhorse1
August 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry you got too much trimmed off. I'm lucky I have a hair dresser who will show me how much they think is the ammount, and then I can say 'a little less'.

My hair is very hard to cut myself, as the minute I cut into it, it curls/waves. I have to let someone else do it.

One thing I know is that sometimes, when my hair is trimmed, it kicks it into growing 'faster'. Not sure if that's just how it seems, but maybe your hair will go through a growth spurt after this?

Morag
August 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I'm so sorry that happened. :flower:

I suspect that sometimes hairdressers get so involved with their task (getting all the split and damaged bits) that they lose track of anything else until it's too late. My solution has been to always cut my own hair. That way, if things don't turn out quite as I had envisioned, I have only myself to blame (thereby avoiding stresses on my important personal relationships).

Have you ever tried the Feye Self-trim instructions? http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/
It's worked very well for me and might be a good option for you, the next time you need a trim.

I have found that twice daily scalp massage encourages my hair to grow faster, if you want to try to make up the length quickly.

Hang in! There's still time. :smile:

FrannyG
August 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the over-zealous trim. :flowers: On the other hand, if you're at the bottom of waist, I think the chances are good that you'll be at tailbone come next June, or at least pretty darn close.

I think most of us here have had more trimmed off than we've wanted, at least once, so believe me, we feel your pain.

Don't be too hard on your mother. I'm sure she was trying her very best for you.

I second the idea of learning how to do Feye's trimming method. It's really easy (I can do it), and it gives you full control.

You'll feel much better about this soon, believe me. :blossom:

spidermom
August 17th, 2008, 09:47 AM
It's not idiot-proof, though. I can't do a self-trim and have it come out even.

As mentioned by darkhorse1, sometimes a big trim is followed by a major growth spurt. This spring I had 2-4 inches cut off and grew out 2 inches in the following six weeks. I was very surprised but pleased, as you can imagine. I hope you get the same.

I have a hair stylist that I trust to do the best for my hair, so if she trims off more than I expected, I figure bad ends had to go. I don't have length anxieties any more. In fact, if my hair never gets longer than this, I'm fine with it. I do hope for classic length, though.

wendyg
August 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
My mother was exactly the same - trained and worked as a hairdressed (in the 1930s), and always cut off more than I wanted on the grounds that that's what had to be done. My hair is so fine and light it's practically weightless and I could still always feel the difference in weight. Although, my mother also made no secret of disliking long hair.

wg

Gothic Lolita
August 17th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I can't really blame my mother, she did a good job. It's just me i think. Everybody else said that she only cut off the tiniest amount possible, but just now I felt like having long hair. Maybe I just need a few days and it will be okay again.

Last time she cut off 2cm and i got them back immediatly. Hopefully this will happen this time too. I think so, I really had plenty of splits.

Thanks for Feye's self-trimming method. I think I'm going to try it. So I wouldn't have tto be angry at people who did their best. It's not her fault that I'm so picky about my hair.

I'll also be doing scalp massages, cassia treatments (gave me a growth spurt for some reason) and the Monistat thing. It least it won't be doing any harm, it can only get longer now again.

I think tailbone (now having thought about, I was too angry at first) is still able for me. I'm small (really small, only 153 cm). I eat healthy and everything. Now I'll be caring really good for my hair so that they don't have to be cut again.

Thanks, everyone for your kind words. And for your great advice. I still haven't ruled it completly out, but I'll make the best of it and care for my ends better than ever!

Patrycja
August 17th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you :( :flowers: Just think of the positives out of the entire situation.

You new ends are going to grow back thick and split-free! You may never know,you might have a huge growth spurt come out of nowhere ;)

GreenGables
August 19th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Gothic Lolita: Have you tried Snowy's Massage Technique :

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15976

It Increases growth for at least some people! I haven't done it for very long, so I don't know if it works for me, but I think it could be worth a try for you!! But IF it works, you will have the tailbone length when you graduate, I can tell you that much:D

Good luck to you, tell us how it comes along!

Lisa