PDA

View Full Version : nearly scalped by dog!!

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 08:54 AM
My dog Maisie is very affectionate and likes to give cuddles, she puts her chin over my neck, well today she does it and her studs in her collar only go and get caught in my hair. Talk about cold sweats and panic! I shouted my husband to try and detangle us, he says ' I will go and get the scissors' omg! noooo way is he putting scissors to my hair! anyway eventually he managed to untangle us but what a morning, I felt really sick!

the culprit don't be taken in by her innocent look!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/CIMG0030.jpg

what kinda of things have you all got caught in your hair, which sent you into a panic??

sorry the picture is too big, ive tried making it smaller but photobucket have changed how you re size. Just noticed me messing with hair in the background!!!

atlantaz3
March 17th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Ah mom i wuv you! Puppy eyes melt me evey time - what you want ME to roll over and beg - sure.
On another note - the dh's watch catches my hair - esp if he forget and sleeps with it on!

Blueneko
March 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I get a little ornery when my hair gets caught in my glasses.

Your dog looks like my Sophie!

Keenkitty
March 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
d'oh! I want to squish her face and kiss it!

What an adorable wittle pitty witty poo!

She looks like "What? I didna do nothin mama... nothin."

KJ:D

SarieQ
March 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Awe, she is just adorable! "Me, hurt my momma, NO!"

I had a dog incident with my hair. My pug in the avator used to sleep with me. (Now my DD likes to cuddle with her at night.) So one night, she ended up on my pillow which she rarely did and got her nails caught in my braid. She was moving all around trying to get free and I couldn't get her paw out. I just kept feeling more and more plucking and snapping as the moments passed. I am now very careful to keep my hair away from her when we snuggle!

AJoifulNoise
March 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Egads! That must have been scary. I'm always afraid my rat is going to get caught in my hair. Tiny claws flaily at the back of my neck doesn't sound like fun. Not to mention, there really isn't anyone around who can help me get her out. So, I always make sure my hair is up when I take her out for a shoulder ride.

1953Diygal
March 17th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Aww!! She's cute! When I was up in Portland, the people I stayed with had this very friendly pit bull named Stewie. The first morning I was there, Stewie came into my room to check me out, and decided to play licky-bug with me. He stood on my hair and wouldn't let me up! I was trapped by my own hair and a very large, licky dog. Silly boy..... ;)

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I get a little ornery when my hair gets caught in my glasses.

Your dog looks like my Sophie! i used to have a staffie just like maisie years ago called sophie too!

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
awww aint we all big softies, that pug is just adorable id love a pug!

Carina
March 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
It hurts just thinking about it:(.I hope you didn't loose any hairs when you got untangled.A friends cat just loves to play with my hair but it's not mutual.:oThat I can promise you.

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
just a few hairs but it hurt like mad!

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
thanks to mods ? made the picture smaller for me xx

kwaniesiam
March 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
My hair will get caught around my industrial piercing...then I panic, but mostly because the piercing is still healing and sore, I dont want to hurt that and am more concerned about it than breaking a few hairs. Cute doggie :D

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM
ouch! thank you shes a sweetie xx

lora410
March 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Omg if my dbf even said the work scissors id scalp him:Lil:. id be like cut the dog collar off not my hair!!!! My daughter seems to get her hair caught in the dogs collar allll the time (shes a curly)

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM
LMAO at mental image of studded dog collar permanently stuck on my hair

Robinlyn
March 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Aw what a face! How scarry getting your hair caught though! My son use to like to twirl my hair as he was falling asleep, I've had his little finger stuck in my hair many times! I miss him twirling my hair, but it's a good thing he stopped. Otherwise, I would be bald on one side of my head!!

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 05:04 AM
yesterday i thought a strand of my hair was wrapped aroung my birds foot ring, he was ripping at something. When i realised i tried to rip my hair to free him (i'm sorry but if i have to choose between my bird and a hair, the hair is going in a heart beat) and i coudlnt rip it, i thought "gee this henna is majical" then i realised it wasn't a hair- it was a chord from my top. I EVENTUALLY ripped it but my heart was raceing in case it was cutting his circulation or he decided to tug it free, it could have caused some damage.
ONCE he swallowed my hair with some food and i saw him trying to scratch it away, when i pulled the hair it was comming out of his mouth. I think it was about 2cm in, (a long way for a small bird) it made me feel sick. i hate the reverse mouth action, ew......reminded me of the ring....ew....LOL

DecafJane
March 20th, 2008, 05:14 AM
When my hair was really long, I would occasionally find that a fly would get caught in there. :laugh:
If would buzz around like a mad thing while I swished my hair trying to get it out. Funny stuff.

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
eeek! i had a fly, fly into my eye once that was bad enough!

DecafJane
March 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM
eeek! i had a fly, fly into my eye once that was bad enough!

Ew, that would be worse than hair - at least with the hair I couldn't really feel it much, just hear it buzzing around trying to escape. :o

LuXious
March 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM
My 16-month-old (human child) tries to rip my hair out when he doesn't want to be held-- like if I pick him up and physically move him away from temptation or his own crime scene, he starts grabbing handfuls. He's ripped a little out before. I've learned to catch his wrist almost as a reflex now. Also, my wedding rings have ripped fairly thick strands out, before. Needless to say they come off before I get in the shower now.

maskedrose
March 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
What a cutie!! That face is just angelic :) Isn't if funny that whenever they do something that they know is bad (accidentally or not), they get this great look on thier face that makes it impossible to get angry. My German Shepherd Reuben likes to steal shoes off the porch and drag them into a little pile in the middle of the lawn (even when its pouring down rain). Whenever I come out and see all my shoes soaking wet, he comes up with a smile and a little dance as if to say "Look mom! I herded all your shoes together! Aren't you proud of me?!" They are just too darn cute, ya know?

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM
What a cutie!! That face is just angelic :) Isn't if funny that whenever they do something that they know is bad (accidentally or not), they get this great look on thier face that makes it impossible to get angry. My German Shepherd Reuben likes to steal shoes off the porch and drag them into a little pile in the middle of the lawn (even when its pouring down rain). Whenever I come out and see all my shoes soaking wet, he comes up with a smile and a little dance as if to say "Look mom! I herded all your shoes together! Aren't you proud of me?!" They are just too darn cute, ya know?
too cute! another trick of Maisie's is to steal my cigarette lighter (bad i know trying to stop) and I will be looking for it and she does 'that' face, she has it hid under her paws as if to say ' What lighter, i didnt see no lighter!' shes looking after her mum!

rhubarbarin
March 26th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Aw jojo your dog is so cute! I love Staffies but I never see them around here.. they are little bundles of energy though so I'm not surprised she nearly scalped you!

Egads! That must have been scary. I'm always afraid my rat is going to get caught in my hair. Tiny claws flaily at the back of my neck doesn't sound like fun. Not to mention, there really isn't anyone around who can help me get her out. So, I always make sure my hair is up when I take her out for a shoulder ride.

Joi I had WL hair when I had my first rat (who was pretty much my best friend at the time and went everywhere with me) - when he was a baby he would sleep in my tangled curly ponytail, and later he always rode around on my shoulder hidden beneath my hair. He would sleep up there for hours, it was so cute. He never ripped it or anything, though he might give it a little tug if he lost his balence.

Now that I take care of my hair though, no rodents are allowed near it.

AutumnLeaves
March 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Let's see...my hair gets caught in my wedding rings...on my finger nails...In necklace chains (when I wear them)...under my husband's arm...in the bird's beak...in the dog's mouths...and once, I made a right fine mess of it by getting it caught in the intake vent of a blowdryer. Ye-ouch!

jojo
March 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Aw jojo your dog is so cute! I love Staffies but I never see them around here.. they are little bundles of energy though so I'm not surprised she nearly scalped you!

Joi I had WL hair when I had my first rat (who was pretty much my best friend at the time and went everywhere with me) - when he was a baby he would sleep in my tangled curly ponytail, and later he always rode around on my shoulder hidden beneath my hair. He would sleep up there for hours, it was so cute. He never ripped it or anything, though he might give it a little tug if he lost his balence.

Now that I take care of my hair though, no rodents are allowed near it.

we have loads of staffies round here, unfortunatelly they are also the most stolen dogs, people steal them for fighting which is very sad.

Aww you have a pet rat, ajoyfulnoise has one too she has a picture of it on the pet thread, they are really cute. Aww fancy using your hair as a nest, thats really sweet!

Alun
March 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
When my hair was really long, I would occasionally find that a fly would get caught in there. :laugh:
If would buzz around like a mad thing while I swished my hair trying to get it out. Funny stuff.

That happens to me too. I worry whether it is anything that stings!

maskedrose
March 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
too cute! another trick of Maisie's is to steal my cigarette lighter (bad i know trying to stop) and I will be looking for it and she does 'that' face, she has it hid under her paws as if to say ' What lighter, i didnt see no lighter!' shes looking after her mum!

Oh thats precious! What a smarty :) Sometimes I really think that they are leaps and bounds smarter than we give them credit for...