PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Hair Ideas (heatless)

Beckstar
October 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hey fellow LHC! Has anyone decided what they want to do with their hair for Halloween? I have decided to go for Rose Rivetter hair since mine is short right now. I have been looking at 40s and 50s hair styles on youtube but they all involve heat and teasing.

I have started the grow out process with my hair. I have stripped the blue and rehennaed my hair. I've sworn off heat and sisscors (beyond keeping bangs). I need some ideas that will achieve the look but not promote damage....any ideas on clothing too??

TIA.

lapushka
October 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Maybe this helps, Beckstar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Re-pHN-Mw

daemonwildcat
October 13th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I have medium fine stick straight hair that is just brushing classical length now. I have managed to get it up into victory rolls successfully with a minimum of teasing (I do tease lightly because of fine hair, but I don't really go at it like I've seen some youtube videos do) and with no heat.

It is possible, though tricky, to do it with no curling at all. I strongly recommend either setting your hair in rollers or pincurls overnight, or using a caruso steam setter though as the curls make it so much easier to roll hair up.

Biggest tip I have is to PRACTICE. Lots. It took me many, many tries to get it looking right the first few times. Also, hairspray is your friend. Use lots. :D

ratgirldjh
October 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I thought Rosie the Riveter wore her hair up in a bandana? A red one :)

Beckstar
October 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
There are some varieties that show more hair/bangs.

MrsGuther
October 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hey fellow LHC! Has anyone decided what they want to do with their hair for Halloween? I have decided to go for Rose Rivetter hair since mine is short right now. I have been looking at 40s and 50s hair styles on youtube but they all involve heat and teasing.

I have started the grow out process with my hair. I have stripped the blue and rehennaed my hair. I've sworn off heat and sisscors (beyond keeping bangs). I need some ideas that will achieve the look but not promote damage....any ideas on clothing too??

TIA.
I haven't decided yet what I will be dressing up as. Maybe a Grecian lady, or a cat or something like that. I'm sure I will probably end up with some kind of updo.

Audhumla
October 14th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I'm going as poison ivy (bought a nice emerald corset and everything because the halloween party I'm going to is pretty swish) and I have no idea what to do with my hair :(
My hair is medium brown and BSL. People say that I have a lot of warm undertones but it's not red.
I don't want to henna. I don't want anything that can ever potentially leave a contrast with my roots that I'll have to fix.
Any ideas ?
I'm so lost as to how I'm going to make my hair worthy of the rest of my costume :/

HumanBean
October 15th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I'm doing Princess Leia, as my whole department is doing Star Wars. I'll be doing the sock buns over the ears, which isn't authentic to the actual style (they weren't sock buns), but it looks good.

piffyanne
October 15th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking of doing either a Bog woman (hooray, Elling Bun!) or Medusa (a Greek updo with snakes in it. It would be awesome.)

They're both achievable, if you want tips, ask on my profile page. :)

For Beckstar, have you tried my Victory for Longhairs Victory Rolls yet? I'm pretty sure this will bring you to it (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2302401#post2302401).

That whole thread will probably be useful to you. Show us your results, successful or not, we're into Vintage in there! :)