PDA

View Full Version : Cravings for a change

LadyCelestina
October 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I admit it - since I first dyed my hair,it's been a vicious circle for me.
I dyed my hair to get a confidence boost,in hopes to look better,in an attempt to at least partially return to past times of my life...And was and are getting sick of it,because I was never really happy with the result after some time.

I decided I have to get over this,as I believe this dye-craze was just a small part of much bigger problem in my life.Slowly,over the time I'm getting the hang of dealing with it,but I still feel like I need something to distract me from constantly messing with my hair :o .

Do you get urges to change/dye/cut your hair often?
How do you keep yourself from making changes you know you'll regret later?

starlamelissa
October 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
i do the two week rule. if i still want it in two weeks, i do it.

MrsGuther
October 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I admit it - since I first dyed my hair,it's been a vicious circle for me.
I dyed my hair to get a confidence boost,in hopes to look better,in an attempt to at least partially return to past times of my life...And was and are getting sick of it,because I was never really happy with the result after some time.

I decided I have to get over this,as I believe this dye-craze was just a small part of much bigger problem in my life.Slowly,over the time I'm getting the hang of dealing with it,but I still feel like I need something to distract me from constantly messing with my hair :o .

Do you get urges to change/dye/cut your hair often?
How do you keep yourself from making changes you know you'll regret later?

I get the urge to dye my hair whenever my roots are grown out about an inch. I wear updos most of the time, and it irritates me when I can see dark blonde roots with lighter blonde length. Yuck! Lol. I just recently dyed my hair as close to my natural hair color asI could get it so I can quit the vicious dying cycle soon. Last year I went for about 9 months without dying my hair, and it was so soft and healthy, but the roots were outta control! Luckily the ombré look is 'in' these days. Maybe I should just embrace my roots and stop the hair dye. I feel like my hair will get even more damaged if I continue dying it. Oh well. I hate having roots showing. Period. Oi vei!

jacqueline101
October 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
We all long for change and want to recreate a time in our lives when we were happy. Trust me you're not alone I've been known to change fringe styles and used to color.

spidermom
October 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
When I get really sick of my hair, I put it up and stay away from mirrors.

LadyCelestina
October 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Oh wow,didn't expect to get replies so fast! Seems like the boards move quickly,now that LHC is back up.
MrsGuther,seems like we are on the same board right now! I am too growing out hair dyed very close to my natural colour,but that was an accident :-D

Spidermom,hey,staying away from mirrors is actually a great idea ! :-D My room is full of mirrors, and that might make me a tad bit obsessed with looking at my hair in various lights....

Lesiaoc
October 13th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I feel you completely. I used to constantly make drastic changes to my hair color for the same reasons. I saw it as a form of therapy. Now that a lot of my hair has been cut off since all that abuse, I have decided on stop using chemical dyes, so last night I used henna for the first time. I absolutely love it so far and one reason I chose to do it is that I know I will always want to color my hair and it will be much easier for me to stick it the henna because it's good for your hair and the tedious process to remove it will keep me from changing it. Plus I love red hair :)

rock007junkie
October 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I usually do what Spidermom says. Having hair away for a bit helps.

1nuitblanche
October 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
This is me! I've had pretty similar hair styles for the last 7 years... And I'm getting pretty sick of it. Especially since I can't wear my hair down because of how much I am around youngsters and it's so fine but heavy that it often breaks when I put it up. The funny thing is that I've been feeling this way for about a year and a half and still haven't done anything too drastic... By that I mean according to the "real world"'s perception - just going from layers at tailbone to blunt at BSL no fringe to fringe. I might get a shoulder length cut so that I can wear it down at least some of the time until DS is older. It takes me a long time to decide, though, so I'll probably be close to 2 years of serious discontent before that cut. I usually just suck it up and deal for months before cutting. I don't dye my hair because I don't want to deal with either the up keep or the growing out... and the chemicals creep me out.

battles
October 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I do want to dye my hair quite often, but I remind myself how lazy I am about upkeep. And that I'd rather spend money on other things. :p

When my henna is grown out, I plan to bleach the bottom few inches of my hair and keep that different colors with veggie dyes. If I get bored, I'll just change the color of that or cut it off.

Micayla47
October 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
i've been in the same boat my whole adult life. i've gone back and forth from white to black and every color in between, repeatedly. i also go back and forth between bangs-growing out bangs-bangs--growing out bangs-bangs.... because of the back and forth with color and bleaching i've never been able to get past mbl hair. i've been on lhc for 6 months now and i still want to mess with the color and the bangs, but i come on here instead. reading others' stories and looking at pictures of beautiful hair (especially virgin hair) really motivates me. right now i need to focus on losing weight, which is so tedious. i'd much rather bleach/cut my hair. but i know that won't help. in the end i'll want my hair back and i'll be overweight!!! so, i'm going to put my hair up and go to a weight watchers meeting :)

long&blonde
October 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I am loving what Spidermom said, "put it up and stay away from mirrors."
Brilliant advice. Change in seasons, weather, always brings the style/color/bangs/layers cravings on.
Even tho you know any and all of the above are way cuter and easier to live with now, than when it returns to being months straight of temperatures in the high 80's and 90's, humid, and the layers and bangs you thought so cute in October are now plastered wonkily to your face and dripping with sweat.
Wonkily.
I like that.