PDA

View Full Version : A happy hair day...Finally :)

themostsilly
August 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Overall I am usually pretty pleased with the condition of my hair, but sometimes, like last week, it has temper tantrums and just looks sad.
I recently started COing, and was very pleased with the initial results, then I switched to the much loved VO5 KLS, and didn't have quite as good results, this was frustrating.
So on Tuesday night, I did a yogurt treatment on my hair, rinsed out and put a heavy coating of coconut oil. This was left on till thursday morning, and I decided shampoo would be better to get the oil out. Then my hair looked and felt like crap, only reaffirming my choice to switch to CO washing.
I had been contemplating ordering some rainbow henna, to do a henna gloss, but had went to sally's just to look around, and picked up some hennalucent since I was there and it was cheap. So last night I mixed up the hennalucent(which was chucky and lumpy) and mixed in some full fat yogurt. Left this on about 2 hours, and used conditioner to remove. My hair was very shiney, but very dry,frizzy,bunched, and wispy looking. BLAH...
So today I decided it needed some moisture, and so I mixed up a batch of my most moisturizing condish's I had on hand -Venetian blends mask, and some biolage conditioning balm, added some heated honey, and all the AVG I had left(like two drops) mixed and applied to my damp hair and left on at least 2 hours.
I made a new rinse from strong black tea and ACV, diluted with water and used this as my final rinse.
In the shower when wet my hair felt like silk. YEA, and now that its drying it still feels very soft and silky, looks smoother, and seems wavier!!! Finally, some happiness for me and my hair! Yes.
I really like the tea added to the rinse, not sure what its good for, but seems to have darkened my hair ever so slightly(most wouldn't notice but I do) and doesn't seem to have added any dryness or anything.

I posted this here, b/c I wanted to share my elation, not really the recipe, but anyone is welcome to try, even though it's posted in such a haphazardly way.
Many happy hair days to everyone else here!!! :) :)

I just took my hair down, I put it up in two loose buns after it was over 50% dry. It's SO WAVY-I love it. I never get this good of results from just bunning-woo-hoo. I only hope my hair is this pretty on my wedding day. I took a few pics, I will put them up later.
oh and I just bought some camellia oil on ebay last night, cannot wait to try it.

paper
August 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Glad you found something that works for you! Your hair is pretty in your avatar, love the waves.

themostsilly
August 16th, 2008, 09:32 PM
pics
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/avixxie/8-16Hair010-1.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/avixxie/8-16Hair004-1.jpg