PDA

View Full Version : I have had such a good hair day!

Honey39
August 16th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry, I know this has been done to death, but I HAD to share with you guys...:cheese:

I did Snowy's Moisture Treatment this morning: 2 parts conditioner, 1 part AVG, 1 part honey. I was a bit sceptical about it, but oh my god, I have got the perfect hair (for me!) today. I have never ever had such good hair, lol. And with no effort!!

My hair dried into very pronounced waves, with not a HINT of frizz, and very shiny. I've just been shopping, and even in horrible shop lighting I could see that my hair just looked so much nicer than ever before - even though I have two inches of roots!

Now I'm thinking - was it the honey? was it the avg? Can I get this result again, lol! AND the worst thing is, I'm not going out tonight, so can't even show it off.

Wow and double wow, though - am so impressed that such a basic and cheap treatment had such good results. I love this site!

I wonder how often I can do this treatment? I think maybe once a week, but dammit, I want this result every single day! Hmmmm.

Anyway, apologies for not adding to an existing thread, but I couldn't find one in the new board, and I just wanted to share with folk that I had amazing results with this :p

yogachic
August 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I haven't had much luck with great results from SMT, the last one I had curds, when I only used a different type of aloe.

I just got some great hair results from something I did.
Last night before bed, I massaged pure coconut oil into my scalp, put evoo on from the ears down, on slightly damp hair, braided, went to bed.
Showered this morning, shampoo'd the oils out with Herbal Essenses Long Term Relationship, and conditioned with Suave professionals, humectress, left it on about 10 minutes. I didn't apply any leave in to my hair, which I Always do, Always have to, but I just didn't today, and i have nice soft hair, that isn't very frizzy, and it feels really nice.

Glad you found something thats works for you.

lawyermom
August 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm with you - I think it's a miracle treatment. In fact, I was debating whether to do one today, and I think you just pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately, my husband is at work for the next 24 hours so there won't be anyone to fawn over my fabulous hair, but at least I'll look good for the kids :D

Honey39
August 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I haven't had much luck with great results from SMT, the last one I had curds, when I only used a different type of aloe.

I just got some great hair results from something I did.
Last night before bed, I massaged pure coconut oil into my scalp, put evoo on from the ears down, on slightly damp hair, braided, went to bed.
Showered this morning, shampoo'd the oils out with Herbal Essenses Long Term Relationship, and conditioned with Suave professionals, humectress, left it on about 10 minutes. I didn't apply any leave in to my hair, which I Always do, Always have to, but I just didn't today, and i have nice soft hair, that isn't very frizzy, and it feels really nice.

Glad you found something thats works for you.

Ooh, that sounds nice - I like EVOO as well, and did a heavy oiling in the week. But I like the idea of combining the two, because I think that EVOO was too heavy near my scalp.

It's great when something so easy works, huh? I love that the things we try here on LHC are SOOOO cheap, compared with really expensive products that often don't work at all...!

Honey39
August 16th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm with you - I think it's a miracle treatment. In fact, I was debating whether to do one today, and I think you just pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately, my husband is at work for the next 24 hours so there won't be anyone to fawn over my fabulous hair, but at least I'll look good for the kids :D

EXACTLY! I am *gutted* that my hair is staying in tonight, lol. Why isn't this formula patented? It's amazing. I can't believe how good my hair has turned out.

I wonder if it's because I have 2c/3a hair that my hair seems to adore anything I put on it (except jojoba oil!) - it's like it slurps up ANYTHING, and I don't have any aftermath to deal with. I don't about protein though - I'm still unsure about all the different things that work and don't work.

yogachic
August 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Ooh, that sounds nice - I like EVOO as well, and did a heavy oiling in the week. But I like the idea of combining the two, because I think that EVOO was too heavy near my scalp.

It's great when something so easy works, huh? I love that the things we try here on LHC are SOOOO cheap, compared with really expensive products that often don't work at all...!

I agree, I can Afford the hair treatments from LHC. I can't afford a lot of expensive products, so it works out perfectly for me.
This was the first time I tried using two different oils for 2 different areas. Coconut oil washes out quite easily on my hair. I was reading last night how massaging coconut oil into the scalp for 5 minutes every night will give you shiny healthy hair, so that's what made me put it there last night. LOL

Honey39
August 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I agree, I can Afford the hair treatments from LHC. I can't afford a lot of expensive products, so it works out perfectly for me.
This was the first time I tried using two different oils for 2 different areas. Coconut oil washes out quite easily on my hair. I was reading last night how massaging coconut oil into the scalp for 5 minutes every night will give you shiny healthy hair, so that's what made me put it there last night. LOL

Yeah, I've tried quite a few 'cheap' ideas from this site that I like a LOT - in addition to all the cheap hair treatments, have tried the following because of here:

i) Cleansing my face with oil - love that one!
ii) Putting oil on my eyelashes for growth - they are definitely longer and more lustrous
iii) Using old -cone conditioner instead of shaving foam: OMG, that is so superior to shaving foam and cheaper as well!

I feel all pampered and cared for, but without spending big bucks on expensive synthetic products - it's been really good. And today, I tried mixing up loads of brown sugar/olive oil/essential oils for a body scrub - it was absolutely marvellous! (Although had to be careful that I didn't break my neck in the shower, lol)

I've been using oil on the ends of y hair, but not near the scalp - I might try that, but I'm a bit wary about getting it all out.

yogachic
August 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I've tried quite a few 'cheap' ideas from this site that I like a LOT - in addition to all the cheap hair treatments, have tried the following because of here:

i) Cleansing my face with oil - love that one!
ii) Putting oil on my eyelashes for growth - they are definitely longer and more lustrous
iii) Using old -cone conditioner instead of shaving foam: OMG, that is so superior to shaving foam and cheaper as well!

I feel all pampered and cared for, but without spending big bucks on expensive synthetic products - it's been really good. And today, I tried mixing up loads of brown sugar/olive oil/essential oils for a body scrub - it was absolutely marvellous! (Although had to be careful that I didn't break my neck in the shower, lol)

I've been using oil on the ends of y hair, but not near the scalp - I might try that, but I'm a bit wary about getting it all out.

If you have issues with oiliness, it might not be for you. I never get oily, so it works really well for me to apply oil to my scalp.

As for using product for other things, I have used unwanted conditioner for shaving, works well.
I never heard the oil the eyelashes.

paper
August 16th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Glad your loving your hair :D it's nice to see someone hair happy!

themostsilly
August 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I posted a similar thread earlier about my similar experience today. I basically made a SMT, but I was nearly out of AVG, so it had very little of that in it, but my hair is happy today, despite how grumpy is has been lately. My hair also was much wavier than it normally is, and also help the bun waves stay better than normal, after bunning it. SMT's are just plain awesome.