PDA

View Full Version : Wet or dry for measuring?

HeatherMae
August 16th, 2008, 09:49 AM
While my hair is pretty straight on the outer layer, underneath it is very kinky/curly. I can't help but think that I would get a more accurate measure if I measured while it was wet. Does anyone else do this? Its not considered cheating is it? Haha! :)

jojo
August 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think as long as you always stick to measuring either wet or dry makes no difference, this way your measuring is consistent.

HeatherMae
August 16th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Thats what I thought too. Thank you. :)

yogachic
August 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I agree with JoJo.

lilalong
August 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I measure wet. I know my hair shrinks up a bit when it dries, but on wet hair I can measure the new growth much more accurately.

Sherri
August 16th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I measure dry. I feel it is more accurate to me because this is hair in natural state. I'm just funny like that. You can measure however you want to.

darkwaves
August 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
If you're curly, and want a consistent measurement, you'll probably have to measure wet.

(My hair, at least, varies a lot from wash to wash in appearance and dry length.)

Buddaphlyy
August 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I measure dry and stretched. I feel it's a more accurate marker of how I consistently wear my hair.

beyondcute
August 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I actually take 2 measurements. For my own personal comparisons. Shrunken hair and un-shrunken LOL My hair is very curly it appears between SL and APL when dry nekkid and BSL when dry and stretched. I have 2 goals. BSL unstretched and WSL stretched. I have a WAYS to go.

harley mama
August 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I measure my hair when it is wet since I am a curly.
I think I am able to get a more accurate measurement doing it that way.

30isthenewblack
August 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I have curly hair & measure my hair wet & pull it straight because I can measure the new growth more accurately. My hair springs up different lengths depending on it's mood hehe.

danacc
August 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I measure when dry and pulled straight. The important factor for me is to see how much difference there is in growth. I don't want other factors (amount of wave at the time of measuring, for example) clouding the growth data. Measuring when wet would also zero in on the growth.

Fireweed
August 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I like measuring dry.

kowlrea
August 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
i measure dry most of the time, but since that bad mishap i had with a stylist a couple months back , im just too embarrassed to show my hair in full effect so I'm doing wet shots until I correct the problem

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Generally I measure dry as its an accurate representation of it. However, when I want to feel longer I will measure wet ;)