PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your hair when you're in the hot tub?

slynn41202
March 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM
What do you do with your hair when you're in the hot tub?

Right now I'm putting mine in a bun, and wearing a fancier shower cap that I found, but I'm thinking I could be doing something better than wearing a showercap.

Sometimes I will add coconut oil before I get in it, but I don't always.

Thanks.

Carolyn
March 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I use the hot tub after my AA workouts. I have my hair in a high bun to keep it out of the water.

khyricat
March 17th, 2008, 11:12 AM
If I'm also swimming it gets handled like I do for swimming, if not- it just gets put up with a claw clip or a metal fork into a high bun.

Curlsgirl
March 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I usually use a big claw clip on the crown of my head or if I forget one a high bun with some kind of clip.

homeschoolmama
March 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I don't have the opportunity to soak all that often, but when I do my hair is up in a large bun.
love,
mom

Flying Betty
March 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
If I've been swimming then my hair is already in a braid or a bun. If not then I just go in with my hair however it was before. Then again, hot tubs are generally too hot for me to get more than knee deep, and my hair doesn't get in the water that way.

Billie
March 18th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I oil it and put it up. :)

slynn41202
March 18th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all of your responses - my problem is that I'm in Minnesota, and if it gets wet in the winter it will freeze, and I don't want that to happen - thus the beautiful shower cap!

Anje
March 19th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I just stick it in a high bun, and sometimes wet it down first. (Supposed to shower anyway, and it's a quick dash through the snow to the gazebo with the hot tub at the club.) Rinse and/or CO afterward.

Lasiren
March 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Add some kind of oil or conditioner to it, then put it up in a high, very secure bun

addikted
March 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Add some kind of oil or conditioner to it, then put it up in a high, very secure bun

Me too, I also put mine in a shower cap.

MadPirateBippy
March 19th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Bun and never let it in the water.

I ruined my hair once by dunking in a hot tub on a winter night in colorado and my length froze.

Wet, frozen hair = shattered hair = millions of splits. It was bad. :( Don't let your hair freeze.

jtl45
March 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM
usually a big old top knot!!! Terrible amounts of chlorine in most of the hot tubs!
Jim

aprilmay
March 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
A crazy looking bun on top of my head, but its out of the chlorine soup.

trolleypup
March 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
lazy bun, sometimes a high bee butt.

slynn41202
March 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Madpiratebippy sorry to hear about your hair freezing experience, that must have been terrible.

cassie_g
March 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I never go in hot tubs. The water is too hot for me. But I put it up in a bun to go swimming.

kissedbyfyre
March 24th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Lazy, high, bee butt bun if it's a random soak and all I have is a hair tie on hand. It looks VERY silly and feels silly but it keeps the hair out of the water. If I have my claw things, then a high cinnamon bun.

Arniky
June 19th, 2008, 09:09 AM
just get in as such or a shower cap, if its very long may be people put it up

Phalaenopsis
June 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I just let it soak when it needs to be washed when I get out, otherwise I put it up with a claw clip.

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2016, 12:03 AM
I just put it in a shower cap.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 21st, 2016, 01:07 AM
If I was ever lucky enough to have a good old soak I would put my hair up in a high bun.

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:21 AM
A high LWB I suppose? Though I'd be afraid of the heat's effect on my wooden hairstick shudder:
That will be my excuse for getting more suitable hairtoys ;)

ladylowtide
January 24th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I put my hair up in a high bun with a plastic claw, or an acrylic or bamboo hair stick.

parkmikii
January 25th, 2016, 02:01 AM
I would put it up with an acrylic hairstick :D

llamacat
January 27th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I either do a crown braid or a bun to keep it away from hot water

Platzhalter
February 25th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Put it into a bun and (maybe) use some hair mask.

missrandie
February 25th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Bun or shower cap. Use either bent DPNs or an acrylic that won't warp from the heat, or a wooden stick meant for that purpose.

snorkie
January 27th, 2019, 09:50 PM
I pull it up high with a scrunchie and wrap it into a bun with another scrunchie to hold it in place

Luna Starsetta
March 6th, 2019, 05:36 PM
i would coconut oil it brush it and do 2 french or dutch braids and soak... boy this sounds really nice right now...

priinnz
March 12th, 2019, 05:00 PM
I put my hair in a top knot.

Liosan
March 19th, 2019, 11:49 AM
I like to lounge in the bathtub when I use a hairmask. So my hair is in a showercap with a towel wrapped around it.

blvnkness
April 4th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Considering that my hair poofs up into a frizzy disaster when in contact with humidity, I tend to oil my hair and leave it in a high bun with a large hair-claw, with the intention of washing it out later in the day or post-bath in a quick shower. I'll usually put on a shower cap to keep the oil from getting on the tiled walls as well.

lapushka
April 5th, 2019, 08:50 AM
No hot tub owners here, so... ;)

languagenut
April 11th, 2019, 09:08 PM
I use the hot tub at the gym after water aerobics, and for both I just do a bun on top of my head. It does look silly; I call it the "poo emoji" bun, and often it's not even centered, but nobody cares. :silly:

I do get a little wet near the nape, so I dry it with the hair dryer in the locker room; the one in there currently (they seem to have a high turnover rate, lol) has a low heat setting.

Once I tried to use a swim cap; as you can imagine, it didn't work at all; there was just no way I could fit that thing over my hair! :lol:

Keep in mind that all this is in an indoor hot tub, so no danger of freezing, unless you go outside with it wet.

ExpectoPatronum
April 11th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Last time I went to a hot tub, I just wore it up and out of the way.

Glitch
November 23rd, 2022, 01:16 PM
Top knot or high knot in general! I might wear it down for a cute photo though, lmao. But it's still not going to touch the water, like last time I just sat with open hair on the edge of a whirlpool tub with some friends during a trip, with just my legs submersed. That's still rare though. Like even for cute pool pics I'll still have my dry hair in a top knot and cross my fingers it all comes out nicely. :p Otherwise, if I personally had it open at a place like that then it would become both damaged and ugly from the inevitable tangled disaster.

angel-baby
November 23rd, 2022, 01:56 PM
Squish some hair mask in, then put it up in a claw clip

Frida177
November 23rd, 2022, 03:22 PM
Either i do a conditioning treatment while I'm in there and its in a protected bun, or I have just showered and then its drying in a microfibre turban, or its on a bun on top of my head keeping dry.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 07:38 AM
This one made me laugh. I haven't been in a hot tub in years.

ailish
January 7th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Keep it up in a top knot but after discovering a large green streak which I suspect was caused by chlorine contacting bleached hair I'll be wearing a swim cap from now on !