PDA

View Full Version : phyto botanical straightening balm

champagne
October 13th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Hello, I would like your opinion on this product, it is made to put on damp hair to help it go straight when blow drying but i have found that it smooths my hair and reduces frizz if i put it on damp hair and let it dry naturally. i was just wondering if any of the ingrediants are damaging or harmfull to hair or if it will cause alot of buildup. they are lsted below.

Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract (Botanical Origin), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (Botanical Origin), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract (Botanical Origin), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract (Raifort) (Botanical Origin), Ferula Assa Foetida Root Extract (Ferula) (Botanical Origin), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Ethyl, Butyl) (Preservative), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (Preservative), Methylisothiazolinone (Preservative)

:o thankyou so much for your help ;)

thirstylocks
October 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Some people avoid parabens and cones. I don't use either of those in my hair. I think those last two ingredients are cones.

ohhiitssteph
October 15th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Some people avoid parabens and cones. I don't use either of those in my hair. I think those last two ingredients are cones.

Not cones, just preservatives! Cones end in -cone, -xane or -conol. These ingredients only end in -one. This ingredients list looks fine to me as long as you're ok with parabens, which aren't damaging to the hair itself, so. :)

rock007junkie
October 15th, 2012, 09:11 PM
No bad ingredients here. This is a natural brand if I'm not mistaken. The only ingredient in there that some tend to avoid is parabens because of their supposed carcinogenic effects. Otherwise you are good to go :)

champagne
October 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
thanks so much you guys thats great. its a great product if your heat styling your hair, keeps it frizz free till your next wash. it even worked for me in a really hot country on holiday xxxxx:pumpkin: