PDA

View Full Version : Any other short haired people here?

fanovlonghr
August 15th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I used to have long hair, but find since having it short, my psoriasis is much less of a problem now.

I still get involved in a close girl friend's updos though and go shopping for products with her.

dustbuni2k
August 15th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Yes! I just cut my hair to get rid ofchemical damage, and I'm now on the (long) road to having gloriously long hair.

SchnauzerMom
August 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Mine is short right now but in the process of growing out.

youngsoulrebel
August 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I've got pretty short hair right now, but that's mainly due to keeping it short cos of bleach.

It's a science, really, and I have every interest in discovering the right way to grow hair longer than ten inches (from the scalp) while bleaching it.

HairyCarrie
August 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Shorty here, but not forever.

Just had a mild trim today. My hairdresser-in-training (at Paul Mitchell) was kind enough to measure my hair. (That gives hubby a break)... it was 15 inches and she trimmed less than 1/2 inch to just clean it up a bit. She was so mindful of not cutting the longest length. I went on and on about this great site. I hope she visits...

whiteisle
August 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm growing, too! Made a BIG mistake last December - pixie - and I'm paying for it now. I'm going for lower back to tailbone.:)

CountessDeJager
August 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
It depends on who I am standing next to. :D

Euphony
August 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
And mine is insanely short comparitively!

paprikapapaya
August 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm just above chin-length here!

I decided to pixie cut my hair in February. It took me cutting it for me to decide that short hair doesn't suit me, at all! :doh:

EdG
August 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
It depends on who I am standing next to. :DNote to self: it's best to avoid standing in between CountessDeJager and Dianyla at future meets. I'll be the short-haired one. :D
Ed

Dianyla
August 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Note to self: it's best to avoid standing in between CountessDeJager and Dianyla at future meets. :D
Ed
What a terrible problem to have! :lol:

EdG
August 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
What a terrible problem to have! :lol:I must say that meet was the only time in the last decade or so that I felt like a short-hair. :D

The moral of the story is: it's all relative. :)
Ed

CountessDeJager
August 16th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Note to self: it's best to avoid standing in between CountessDeJager and Dianyla at future meets. I'll be the short-haired one. :D
Ed

I know what that feeling is like! In the archives there is a meet thread from last year where Yueqin Dai is standing between Dave Decker and me. Dave and I put our lengths together and still didn't come close to matching her 12 to 14 feet of hair. When you can remember the length within two feet you know you are dealing with some pretty big numbers. :o

Starr
August 16th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I know what that feeling is like! In the archives there is a meet thread from last year where Yueqin Dai is standing between Dave Decker and me. Dave and I put our lengths together and still didn't come close to matching her 12 to 14 feet of hair. When you can remember the length within two feet you know you are dealing with some pretty big numbers. :o

Wowsers that's a ton of hair!:D

Ed's right, it is all relative!:cheese:

blondecat
August 16th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I used to have long hair, but find since having it short, my psoriasis is much less of a problem now.

I still get involved in a close girl friend's updos though and go shopping for products with her.

What does Psoriasis look like in the hair/scalp, I'm curious ?