PDA

View Full Version : Guess what today is??? (Pictures!!!)

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Today is my 2 year LHC Anniversary!!!!! Two years ago today, I found this place while grieving for my dear sister who passed away 2 months earlier. The people here helped to lift me out of a very dark place and I've made some wonderful friends. For me, my comparison pictures aren't about length. I don't know if my hair will grow any longer, BUT I stopped dyeing my hair 4 months after I joined and it was the right decision. So here are my comparison pictures (thank you so much, sweet franny, for doing these pictures for me :heartbeat They show my hair in March 2006, March 2007 and March 2008!! Thank you to all the beautiful people on this board. I love you all.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/LeniSmile.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/LeniBraid.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/Leni20Length.jpg

I just realized how dark my new siggy pic is- I'm going to try to lighten it when I get home from work.

Sarahmoon
March 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
What an amazing progress! Your hair looks softer and shinier and I really like your waves. Congratulations! :flowers:

FrannyG
March 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Happy Anniversary, my dear friend. :flowers: It's been my pleasure and delight to get to know you here at LHC and you may have the biggest heart of anyone I know. :heartbeat:

Your hair is the stuff of fairy tales, and it's been an exciting journey watching you grow out your natural hair colour. :cloud9: Your photos have so often been a source of both happiness and inspiration, and you generously share so much of yourself with so many here.

I look forward to many more years of friendship and LHC with you. :inlove:

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2008, 04:28 AM
What an amazing progress! Your hair looks softer and shinier and I really like your waves. Congratulations! :flowers:

Thank you so much, Sarahmoon!!!

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Happy Anniversary, my dear friend. :flowers: It's been my pleasure and delight to get to know you here at LHC and you may have the biggest heart of anyone I know. :heartbeat:

Your hair is the stuff of fairy tales, and it's been an exciting journey watching you grow out your natural hair colour. :cloud9: Your photos have so often been a source of both happiness and inspiration, and you generously share so much of yourself with so many here.

I look forward to many more years of friendship and LHC with you. :inlove:

Oh franny, thank you so much! You know how much I love you and my peeps here at LHC. It was very easy and comforting to share myself with everyone here.

Thank you for your friendship and your sweet nature..

Love,
Leni

shrimp
March 17th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Your pictures are gorgeous as always (especially the length shots :thud: ) Your natural colour is coming in really well and you definietly made the right decision (imho of course)

:flowers:

Alva
March 17th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Wonderful pictures Leni! Your natural color I like most of all I must say, keep up the good work :D Congratulations with your 2 year anniversary!

Alaia
March 17th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Happy LHC Birthday! ;)

Your hair looks amazing. The natural color really is nice and it looks very good on you (of course). It looks like your hair has made some progress on the beautiful front as well! It was always gorgeous but now it's stunning! :flowers:

Nat242
March 17th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary! You and your hair are an inspiration and it's always a pleasure to see your posts and your pictures.

Best wishes,

-- Natalie

AprilElf
March 17th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Happy anniversary Xandergrammy! That's marvellous. :D
Your hair really is wonderful.
:toast:

Alley Cat
March 17th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Happy Anniversary dear Leni one thing I have always noticed about you is your huge big beaming smile and here it is again today . :inlove:
Your hair is beautiful and it's inspiring seeing your grow out your colour, I have enjoyed seeing your photo's and I expect to see many more.
It's been great getting to know you . :flowers:

MerryKat
March 17th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Your hair is looking AMAZING! I Love your natural colour with all your beautiful silver sparkles and streakes. Thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration to me.

Robinlyn
March 17th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Happy 2nd Year Anniversary to you! Your hair is beautiful and your waves are stunning! Keep up the great work!

xrosiex
March 17th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is beatiful, I find your pictures a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.:)

biggeorge
March 17th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Today is my 2 year LHC Anniversary!!!!!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif

Congrats, and we share something in common. Today is my one year!

Requiax
March 17th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Happy anniversary Xandergrammy!! Your hair looks lovely, glossy and healthy, a great inspiration!

AutumnLeaves
March 17th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I echo Franny's sentiments, Lenicakes. I also look forward to a time when we can meet, maybe when David comes through the US on his vacation, I'll get to meet you, Bella, Tammy Sue, and David. That will be fun, for sure!

I am not seeing a noticeable difference in your lengths over these past two years. Have you had any trims? Your hair looks thicker on top now that you are no longer coloring! Bonus!!! You are one of my inspirations for no longer dying my own head of hair. Thank you for that (it feels scrumptious now!)...

Many long years of health and prosperity to you, Leni!

Curlsgirl
March 17th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Wow what gorgeous hair! I knew your hair was very pretty but I couldn't see it that well in your avi! :thud:

Wonderful to know you and you are definitely an inspiration to all of us here!!!

Silver Strands
March 17th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Congratulations Xandergrammy,
Your hair is looking wonderful.
I love the silver coming in . It compliments your
skin tone.

And LHC is great for taking your mind off of your troubles isn't it?

zift
March 17th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Happy anniversary Leni!Your hair is looking as gorgeous as always:D
And wow your grays have grown so much, and I can see your natural color crreping down from your last length shot. It's beautiful:)

Silver & Gold
March 17th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Congrats on the progress with your hair. Growing out haircolor is a difficult thing. I'm still struggling with the whole thing. Had a setback when I decided to have some strands highlighted to blend in the roots. The stylist left the solution in too long and really damaged my hair. Thanks to LHC I at least know how to baby the damaged hair but I could just kick myself!

My favorite part of your pictures is your smile! I can tell that you would be a kick in the shorts to hang around with.

Firefly
March 17th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Just beautiful! You are an inspiration!

Jason
March 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Congratulations Leni! It's been a pleasure to associate here with you.
That's so cool that you're growing your natural color out. I don't know, with that thick hemline I wouldn't be surprised if you have more growing to do!

HairColoredHair
March 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Happy anniversary! :)

Anne~
March 17th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Happy Anniversary! Nice pics.

jessie58
March 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Happy 2 Year Anniversary Leni. I'ts amazing to see how much your hair has grown over these last 2 years. I also want to say that you have the greatest smile in all your pictures.

Finoriel
March 17th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Happy anniversary!
Your pictures are wonderfully inspiring, as always :) and I´m looking forward to congratulate to all your further anniversaries! Following your progress is so motivating and you have been a great help during the process of coming up with a decision about going natural too, when my first streaks change their colour... which could be early when I look around in my family. Thanks for being such an inspiration! :blossom: Happy growing!

Hurray4Henna
March 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM
CONGRADULATIONS Leni!!!
You are truly a BEAUTIFUL person, inside and out :)
I have really enjoyed you as a cyber friend and as my inspiration.
You are a regal beauty with lovely rockstar-fairy hair :)

Amanda

Patrycja
March 17th, 2008, 08:09 AM
a really dumb question here-did you trim sometime?I don't recall seeing a thread or a blog post about it,but then again I'm a fairly new member

and you already know that I admire your hair beyone belief and happy anniversary!!!!!

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM
dear Leni,
Happy Anniversary! your a true asset to LHC and a true inspiration to me and many others on here.

Loving the photos, you have the sweetest smiles on your beautiful face.

Love you loads Mrs Killer braid, and im looking forward to see what the next 2 years bring for you, have a great day xxxxxxhttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/30.gif

MelLuna
March 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Congrat too Leni!
Your hair looks much healthier since you grow out the colour. I 'm a fan of silver hair.

wintersun99
March 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I never realized how long your hair is! I really love your waves! *sigh*

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks Everyone for all your good wishes!!! I'm especially "tickled" to be referred to as an inspiration by several people. That makes me feel really good.

Thanks again!!

Anje
March 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Happy Anniversary, Leni! Your length shots are gorgeous, as ever they are!

Garnet66
March 17th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and indeed an inspriration.

tomm
March 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Congratulations, Leni! I have very much enjoyed reading your contributions and learning from you. I look forward to many more years.

Starr
March 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Happy Anniversary Leni!

bella77
March 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Happy Anniversary Momma!!!!!!!!!:taz::cheese::taz::cheese:

Islandgrrl
March 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Happy Anniversary, Leni! You and your hair are just gorgeous! FWIW, I think you made the right decision when you quit coloring your hair. You look awesome!

Gumball
March 17th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Happy anniversary Xandergrammy! The pictures of your progress are beautiful. You've come a long and good way. Here's to more years to come! :beerchug:

SarieQ
March 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Happy anniversary! I never realized just how curly your hair is! Those ringlets are just beautiful! Congrats on two years!

AJoifulNoise
March 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I love looking at your pictures, Xandergrammy. Your hair is gorgeous! You made really good progress in growing out that color. I love your natural color. It suits you well. :)

Silver & Gold
March 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Aha! XanderGrammy, I just remember who you remind me of with that smile! One of my favorite actresses, Tyne Daly. I first saw her in "The Enforcer" and I became and instant fan. I love her smile as well. (OK, I confess, I'm a sucker for a great smile.)

Carina
March 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Happy anniversary Xandergrammy.Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful.:cheese::grouphug:

Euphony
March 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Wow, what beautiful progress! CONGRATULATIONS

bte
March 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Here's to the next two years (and more!) and hope they make you even happier.

Lisa-Maria
March 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Just wonderful, I wish I had such waves :)

Schnee
March 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Happy anniversary!:magic:

Your hair looks lovely, as always. :)

AquaViolet1973
March 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is beautiful.

Lilla My
March 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Another one here claiming you as an inspiration ...
Happy Anniversary, Leni! You really do have amazing hair. :D

Amoretti
March 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Happy Anniversary, dear Leni!!!!:D:D:D

Marysmirth
March 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I am in the process of growing my hair out to it's natural color too! I thought I was all alone. I do get a little pressure from friends who "torture" their hair. But, I'm determined to let it go. Your pictures have given me a big dose of encouragement and let me also mention your hair is beautiful. I'm new here, so forgive my lack of personal hair info. I'm only at collar bone length, but my goal is to be waist length. Thanks, again for the pictures.

ole gray mare
March 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Happy Anniversary, Leni! I'm so glad you found what you needed here after Audi's death. You are so beloved by so many! I am always inspired by your growing out process, my silver-embracing soul-sister!

cuddledumplin
March 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is amazing. :bigflower:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/cuddledumplin/Happy-Anniversary.jpg

Elyce
March 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Leni, you and your hair are so tremendously awesome!

You don't just have fairytale ends, you have fairytale hair!

Happy Anniversary. Great to have been on this journey with you. Here's to many more LHC anniversaries :)

PatGear
March 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Happy Anniversary, Leni. You're such a valued member of this board, I can't imagine the place without you. I'm so glad you found LHC. :flowers:

snowbird
March 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! :party:

your natural colour looks fantastic!!

redcelticcurls
March 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Happy Anniversay.

I hadn't seen your older pics. I really enjoy the color it is now.

Guenever
March 17th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Congratulations! :flowers: seems like you've been here forever^^

TammySue
March 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
LENI! Woo Hoo! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!!!! :cake: :cheese: :magic:

Darscilla
March 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Happy anniversery! Your hair is breath-taking and on a very lovely persons head, too. I'll never forget your kindess and support earlier this year. Love ya! :flowers:

SchnauzerMom
March 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous!:magic:

Shermie Girl
March 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Happy Anniversary, Leni! Your hair is truly beautiful and you are a lovely lady, both inside and out. It is a pleasure to know you. :flowers:

PseudoScot
March 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Happy Anniversary, Leni! Those are great pictures!! Your hair is really unique and lovely! :)

Elenna
March 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Happy Second Year Anniversary Xandergrammy. I just love that braid of yours!

Misso
March 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Congratulations and happy anniversary to you. Your kind face is all too familiar on LHC.

Your hair looks wonderful and very inspiring.

Unnamed
March 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Congrats and happy anniversary! :cake: :gift: :D

And I'm sure I've said this before, but I love the waves/curls! :agree: :inlove:

Koala Kim
March 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Happy Anniversary dearest Leni! :cheese::happydance::toast:

coppercurls
March 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Congratulations! :flowers:

Gesner
March 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Well, what a pleasure to see this thread! Two years sure does go by quickly doesn't it? You and you hair are both beautiful!!!

darkwaves
March 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Congrats to you, my friend!

Such lovely hair -- and I'm so glad you're here.

Siamese
March 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Leni. You're the sweetest of sweets. :inlove: Happy anniversary, lovely lady. Your hair is spectacular!

cindy58
March 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Happy Anniversary!

chloeishere
March 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Yay for your two year! Your hair is looking better than ever-- it's so shiny and wavy, and I love the grey! Congratulations!

HerbalAnnie
March 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Happy Anniversary, Leni!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g204/HerbalAnnie/Animated/dance_2.gif

Your curls are awesome! Will you share???

praia98
March 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! :) I ove your hair and curls!

Darian Moone
March 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Happy anniversary! I just love your waves and curls and your length is just beautiful! :flowers:

SurprisingWoman
March 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Oh my goodness, I knew you were growing out your hair but to see the difference in the gorgeous shine is incredible. You made a great decision. Your hair now suits you, it's just beautiful.

Happy Anniversary!

SilverLocks
March 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Happy Anniversary, oh she of the smiling face and twinkling eyes. It's been a real joy to meet you. Your hair is spectacular, it looks a little longer over the years, and your natural color is coming in nicely. Congratulations on your patience in growing out and thank you for your sweet humor and presence. :smooch:

Angellen
March 18th, 2008, 01:35 AM
You've got such beautiful, beautiful hair! Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!

Airmide
March 18th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! Your hair (and the rest of you, inside and out) is gorgeous! I am so glad to get to know you. (I felt popular by-proxy when you sent a friendship request hehe).

Liv
March 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Congratulations Leni, both you and your hair looks great!
Your natural hair colour looks fabulous with your skin.:) To me you are an inspiration.

kate46
March 18th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Thanks Everyone for all your good wishes!!! I'm especially "tickled" to be referred to as an inspiration by several people. That makes me feel really good.

Thanks again!!

Oh yes you are indeed an inspiration! If it wasn't for yourself, Siamese and several others I would never have found the courage to grow out my sparklies :). Your personality, smile & hair are awesome, Happy Anniversary! :beercheer:

jel
March 18th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Happy anniversary! :flowers: Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

OhioLisa
March 18th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I am late, but still wanted to wish you a happy anniversary, Leni. Your hair is just beautiful. I love your natural color that's coming through (as you know ;) ). Your warmth and kindness are so appreciated on this board. :toast:

DavidN
March 18th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Oh my goodness, Leni, how could I have possibly missed this thread! As one of the sweetest people on the LHC, you have always had a kind word for everyone, so the thought that I could possibly have missed THIS special day is a total oversight on my part.

So with that LONG preamble out of the way, my warmest Happy LHC Anniversary to you, and may there be many more happy years at the LHC!:cake::flowers:

Also, your hair alwasy looks wonderful, and is so long too!

vindo
March 18th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Happy Anniversary Leni :flowers: !! :D

Amazing how much you already have grown out your natural silvery color! I find it very flattering on you since it very nicely compliments your skin.

Yoru waves are pretty as always but I find they look more "juicy" in the recent picture (if you can say it like that), which Im sure is the good care.:toast:

Im glad to have know you the past 2 years on LHC :blossom:

Best,
Emi

Shield31
March 18th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Love you too, Leni!!!

(nuff said)

pookatrina
March 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Happy Hairaversary! :D

Stagecoach
March 18th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Congratulations on your 2nd anniversiary Xandergrammy!

I've so enjoyed your posts here on LHC! And your hair is truly beautiful in your natural color!

Sophrosyne
March 18th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, Xandergrammy! Congratulations, and Happy 2 Year Anniversary! :flowers:

silkenblacksea
March 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Leni!! You have been quite an inspiration ! It is always nice to see your brillinat smile. Best wishes for many more Happy Anniversries to come!:bigflower::gift::cake::bigflower:

Xandergrammy
March 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my special day!!! I look forward to another two years (at least!!)

Hugs to you all!!

Chamomile betty
March 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary.
Wonderful pictures :)

kimki
March 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Happy anniversary!

Beautiful beautiful hair as always xxx:flowers::inlove:

Celogrl
March 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
:magic:We love our Leni! I too, think your natural haircolor is so pretty. Congratulations on such a milestone, and we are blessed to have you here.

Pat
March 18th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Congratulations Xandergrammy and a bunch of hugs!

akka naeda
March 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm late, as usual....
Congrats on your anniversary!:cake: Your hair looks great!

eaglesflight
March 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
It's been wonderful to have you around for the past 2 years, Leni! Your cheerful personality and wisdom in life experiences has enriched us all.

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks, everyone! akka naeda, late is okay. Thank you. :flower:

JasmineDaisy
March 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Happy anniversary! :cheer: :cheer:

nastasska
March 21st, 2008, 01:38 AM
Happy Anniversary:toast:

yzkaloha
March 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Your hair looks beautiful!! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!

Elenna
March 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Happy anniversary Xandergrammy. ;)

QueenMadge
March 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Happy Anniversary Xandergrammy! You have been an inspiration to me in growing out my own undyed hair.

Paniscus
March 27th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to pop in and tell you Happy Anniversary!! :joy: I haven't been online much and I'm still trying to get used to this new LHC format :knuckle:, but I always read what you have to say when I get the chance.

And I'm still loving your mermaid hair!! :flowers:

Shorty89
March 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Your hair looks awesome! I just realized it's my 1st year anniversary here. High Five xandersgrammy!

momma smurf
March 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Happy Happy Anniversary, Xandergrammy!!! This place sure wouldn't be the same without you. :flower: And your hair looks fabulous! :)

frizzinator
March 27th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Your hair is gorgeous Xandergrammy ....and Happy Anniversary!

paper
March 28th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Hi Xandergrammy. You were the first here to befriend me. You are a very special person, and an inspiration to me as well. Love your long curly natural hair, just beautiful! Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Xandergrammy
March 28th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Look at all the people who came to congratulate me!! :joy: Thank you all for your love and friendship and for all your kind words. I'm truly blessed. :inlove:

levelek
March 28th, 2008, 05:33 AM
A very happy anniversary to you, Xandergrammy! I've also noticed your kind and warm personality and your lovely hair. I'm happy that I can share in this community with you.

Lamb
March 28th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary!! :cheese:

seabear
March 28th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Leni! Congratulations on your anniversary, my friend and hair idol! It was certainly a lucky day for LHC when you found us and joined up.

You know how much I adore your hair and aspire to have hair like it. Your photo montage is so inspirational! I think your natural color coming in is so flattering to you, it brightens up your whole face... although with a smile like yours, your face brightens up any room and occasion!

Here's to many more years of friendship and LHC fun, dear Leni!:beerchug:

morningstar
March 28th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Dearest XanderGrammy I remember how kind you were when I first joined. I also remember your siggy (the one my twins thought was a fish with a ladys' face) You are a warm and friendly person here and I enjoy seeing your posts. Your hair is inspiring to everyone. I love how it has progressed in 2 years.

Happy Anniversary!!!! :blossom::blossom::blossom:

harley mama
March 28th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Leni, what can I say? You give so much to this place and welcome everyone with open arms. Your warm smile and caring heart have touched my soul!

Congratulations on 2 years of wonderful hair growth dear friend! We love you!