PDA

View Full Version : will you make your year end goal?

hermosamendoza
October 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM
my goal for the December 31, 2012 was to be at BSL. but I'm currently at APL (all 21 inches except for a weird tale bit that is 22 inches).

According to my measurements BSL is 24 1/2 inches according to the style i wear.

That leaves me 80 days to grow 3 and a half inches!
Maybe some good scalp massages will help. lol

Are you going to make your year end goal if you have one?

rtree721
October 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I would like to be at waist by the end of the year... the middle of my hair hits waist when I am in the shower, so I am kind of close. But my hair grows very slow :(

rock007junkie
October 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM
My goal was to reach waist and I achieved that a couple of months back. Now working on a different goal.

Darkessa
October 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Im wanting to hit waist!!
Ive only got 2 maybe 3 more inches till then! Im gonna baby it, keep it up, and give myself some nice oil treatments and massages!

Cross your fingers for me!

Ocelan
October 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm about 2 cm (or 0,8 inches) from hip so I should be able to make it by the end of this year. I am in the "Hip by November" thread but not sure if I'll quite make it in November. My hair has been growing only 1 cm each month lately.

melusine963
October 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'll probably make it to my goal of TB length, but it'll take me much longer and a good few trims to get to a thicker hemline, which will be my next goal.

Iolanthe13
October 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I don't think I'll quite hit waist by January, but it's worth hoping! I think I've got about two inches left, so it's just possible if I don't trim.

oktobergoud
October 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM
My goal was to reach shoulder length by the end of the year, and I already did! :D So yes, I will! ;)

Nevvie
October 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Early this year I had been somewhat cautiously hoping to reach waist by the end of the year and my ultimate goal of upper hip by next spring. I'm already at waist (have been for a bit, just keep trimming back) and if I can hide the scissors long enough I may even get close to hip at this growth rate. My ends are misbehaving pretty badly though so I guess a more realistic goal is waist with thick ends. I'm pretty sure I can make that one.

Ephemeral
October 12th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I wanted to be bsl, but the bottom of my strap is 26 inches and I am about 24 now. At this rate, I will be very close, but will still be about a half inch shy of goal.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I wanted to be bsl, but the bottom of my strap is 26 inches and I am about 24 now. At this rate, I will be very close, but will still be about a half inch shy of goal.

I'm at exactly the same point as you, Ephemeral - identical measurements and all...I might not quite reach bsl but am still hoping for the best!

PossibleMermaid
October 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
My year end goal was jaw, possibly so I could cut it into a bob, but for a while I was skeptical about that happening. But now I think I might make it! My hair is just barely jaw when wet, and in the back almost to the nape of my neck when wet. Just a little ways to go, but I think I can make it!

Lorisal
October 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
My goal was 25 inches by the end of the year, but I am not going to make it.

Bianca
October 12th, 2012, 03:01 PM
My goal is waist by christmas. Dont know if i'll make it, but it'll be very close :)

millyaulait
October 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I sure hope so. I am sooooo close, it'd be a wonderful xmas present to be BSL! :)

~honeyflower~
October 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Ugh...I hope so, all I need now is my hair to be at waist and I will be all done. I've finished my LHC kit that was my 2012 goal; so my goal for 2013 will be growing out my hair and then teaching it to like hairsticks and braids. I cant believe that 2013 is almost here already!

BrightEyes
October 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I want to make it to solid shoulder length (not just the longer side pieces). I have about an inch to go. I really hope I make it.

Amygirl8
October 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I don't even have a year end goal, haha.
I'm concerned right now with the condition of it, but I think I'll be able to hit BCL by Janaury. I'm only a couple of inches away.

jacqueline101
October 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I wish and hope I'm 7 inches to solid mbl. I'm hoping to make for sure next year.

CurlyMopTop
October 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I don't think I'm going to make bsl by the end of the year. I just trimmed 1/2 in. Off, which puts me around 23.5, maybe a little over going by feel. Going by looks, I need another 2.5 in. Maybe more depending on shrinkage?? Probably close, but no cheese. :D

bunnylake
October 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
It would be nice to reach hip by mid-winter... I have no idea if that's a possibility for me since I don't measure. I ought to start. More obsessiveness, oh well!

Ephemeral
October 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
So close! And yet so far.....waist by next year though!!

constancev18
October 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
My goal was hl and I reached that. Now I'm aiming for full hl and a few more strands at tbl for 2012. I'm working hard on that!

dulce
October 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I made hip this summer and cut back to waist and it looks like I'll be full hip or a bit past by xmas again.

Vrindi
October 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
My goal had been waist. I made that this summer, and now my new goal is hip. I doubt I'll make it before Jan., unless I get some major growth, but it's so healthy and shiny that I don't care. I'm keeping up the micro-trims until it gets there, so it'll be beautiful then too!

TeaEarlGreyHot
October 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I might make BSL, if I don't I'll be probably 1/2" away from it. My 1 year anniversary at LHC is right around Christmas and I've gone from just past shoulder to nearly BSL- I'm more than thrilled and won't be sad if I don't make BSL before January!

dwell_in_safety
October 12th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I didn't really have a year-end goal, but my goal for 2013 is hip! I'm about two inches from waist right now. I don't think I'll hit it by the end of the year, exactly, but I'm sure that I will hit it by spring.

Miss Catrina
October 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I have about an inch till chin, so I think I have a good shot at it. If my hair hangs down as low as my chin, that will be great - if it grows enough so I can pull it ON to my chin, that will be fantastic! (does that make sense...?)

leslissocool
October 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I WILL!

My goal was to not cut, pass TB and either cut back to TB or, if I were to be close to reaching classic, to maintain there next year. I had chicken pox and i was really bummed out thinking my growth stopped.

Well, the end of my v cut wet is 4 inches from classic, and I still have ways to go :cheer: so I am very happy, I will be maintaining classic. So far I've had a 7 inch hair growth this year, in spite of chicken pox and shedding.

hairhair
October 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I'm joining you with the BSL goal. I'm really busy at the moment so I'm often wearing my hair up, which makes it slightly curly and hard to tell the actual length. It's about 1.25-1.75 inches from BSL when wet/straight now so I'm hoping I will just reach my goal by the end of the year.

elbow chic
October 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm wanting to hit waist by the end of the year. It's hard to believe it's October! :eek:

I think I will make it yet. Trimmed a bit back a few weeks ago and it's very wavy so it WOULD be waist if it were straight.

Littlewing13
October 13th, 2012, 04:21 AM
My goal was waist but I now see that that was very ambitious. Its about an inch from bsl.

goldloli
October 13th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I underestimated how much my curls stretch so it looks like i'll make hip this year even with a couple microtrims... well tbh if hip is top of hipbones then i'm already there but it doesn't look or feel like it yet.

Navel wurly won't be coming till jan/feb time. I think my final goal is tbl stretched

Noctifer
October 13th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Well my goal for this year was growing out to the length that i had before the big cut in june last year, which i already have. So now i hope for full waist by the end of the year, it should not be more then an inch left. I just might make it.

gillybeanxo3921
October 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM
My original year end goal was waist, but I got a trim over the summer and now probably won't make it until spring :(

My now goal is mbl. I'm nearly 25.5 now (two more weeks I'm guessing), and mbl is about 28" on me. My hair does grow faster than I thought it would now that I'm taking such good care of it. I'm hoping I may just be brushing mbl on Christmas. Maybe like 27".

1nuitblanche
October 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM
My hair goal is to find a quick updo that looks good and will stay up all day. I imagine I'll figure something out by the end of December... although lately I've been thinking that might require trimming off a few inches.

Suguru
October 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
I hope so but I doubt it. Classic by the end of 2012 was the plan and I'm four cm away with two and a half months to go. If I don't trim and my growth rate speeds up (I have only been getting a cm a month for the last four months) it ought to be possible but I suspect I will fall about a cm or two short. I'm okay with that, though, because it will still look pretty much classic and that's what matters!

mzBANGBANG
October 13th, 2012, 08:10 AM
My past growth says I will hit waist by the end of the year, however I have my doubts. While LHC was down I watched seasons of Desperate Housewives and have been admiring Eva Longoria's hair styles... uh oh ;) If I don't make it, it will be my own fault.

LoveSnap
October 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM
My goal was BSL for this year. BSB--since it never moves--on me is at 8" on my length check shirt. BSL varies between 8" and 9" depending on the bra. I'm at the 7" line so I think I may make it!

This will be the longest my hair has been in my adult life. I was APL as a child and teen.

geeorgie
October 13th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hoping to be just past collarbone by the end of the year, hopefully with the thick side layers possibly at jawline? They're at the bottom of my ear now so that's about an inch or so, fingers crossed!

Anywhere
October 13th, 2012, 09:09 AM
My goal is to get to BCL. I'm not sure if I'll make it.. I have a little under 2" to go before I get there.. my excel spreadsheet says I'll be there by January 4 if I keep up my current growth rate.

MrsGuther
October 13th, 2012, 09:33 AM
My goal was to be at TBL by the end of the year. I'm already there, so I made my goal! :) :) :) :cheese:

Evadne
October 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I'm in basically the same boat as a couple others here. I have about 2 inches to go til waist, but that's when it's wet or stretched. Its probably closer to 3 when my hair is just sitting there dry, so I'm not too sure if I'll make it by the end of December. Perhaps with a bit of extra tlc? I'll cross my fingers and hope we all reach our goals!

lilyofthevalley
October 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately I will not be reaching my goal, unless the miracle I am still hoping for happens!

In an entire year my hair has grown less than three inches (I had a magenta streak done a year ago and I measure from the roots of that) and I have layers out the wazoo.

I had hoped to be solidly BSL as my longest layers are already just hitting it but I have some layers that are only shoulder length still that seem to get shorter as time passes.

Now I am just making peace with my hair and my goal length is when I am happy with it. :)

Ambystoma
October 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I was hoping to be waist by the end of the year but I'm already there (in the shower/pulled straight :laugh:) so I get to hit my end of year goal again when dry and wavy which I'm sure won't take too much longer - yay!

lapushka
October 13th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Not that I'd set a particular goal length for December, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get to TBL by the end of the year. I'm halfway between hip and TB right now, so... I'm going to need a few growth spurts, I guess. :D

PinkyCat
October 13th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Well I wanted to be at TB by my wedding day which is in February. So that gives me 5 months to grow 4 inches. Not looking promising. :(

browneyedsusan
October 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I was hoping for a ponytail for Christmas when I started growing this spring. I think I'm going to get it! :cheese:

Loveisaverb
October 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
:shrug: Who really knows?
I would like to be at waist before new years, but I cut two inches about two weeks ago
But hey, if my hair growing keeps up like this I might be at waist :D

Ligeia_13
October 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I will not :D Not only will I not make it for the end of December, I probably won't make it in general cause this year has not been a good year, hair-wise.

lunalocks
October 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
My goal was 36 inches, after a 1/4 inch trim. I was at 35inches 2 weeks ago. I just might squeek by!

maborosi
October 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yes. My end-of-year goal was 20 inches. I'm slightly past that.

I will probably make it to 21 at least.

~maborosi~

GrowingOut
October 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
BCL when wet, about 1/2" to an 1" away, will be there when dry about 2 months after.

SnowWhite
October 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I think I'll made it to APL... But I'm not sure. I had a trim that wasn't planned. I suddenly wanted to thicken my hemline so my mum cut one or two centimeters... That's going to make the difference between making it to APL or not.

Allychan
October 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I am gonna be close. I wanted to be at waist but have been trimming my growth every month to thicken it up. My waist is at elbows. I reckon I will get there Jan/Feb at the latest. Hopefully I wont need to cut at all next year:cheese: http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/Allychan1/P1070449.jpg?t=1350104794

lw8666
October 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
My goal was waist by December 2nd, my birthday, but I changed it to December 31st to give me more time. :) We'll see where I am at the end of the year. I'm so close... yet so far.

Lalital
October 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM
My end of year goal is to reach the wing of my tattoo solid, which would be hip length solid. I think I will make it - (I tried to upload most recent photo but can't seem to work out how). Some hair is touching hip length - maybe 2cm off.
At the moment, I'm using my tattoo as a landmark which spans from hip to TB. It's taken sooo long to finally be touching the tat :cheese:

SerinaDaith
October 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
My current mini goal is APL which I should hit around this time next year assuming average growth rates. I am about five and a half inches away. My first major goal is waist which on me is about 14 inches away so that will be two and a half years from now hair willing. I was getting an inch a month this summer but now I am down to 1/4 inch a month so I guess it's time for patients and good hair care. I have never tracked hair growth before joining this site so I have no idea what is normal for me. I am not sure what my terminal length is either I have never been much past BSL so I am trying my hardest to accept that I may never hit waist.

panffle
October 13th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I didn't have a goal set for this year, but I wanted to be a solid BSL - and I am, fortunately! Which is actually good considering I'm facing a growth stall... I do have a goal set for 2013 though!

biogirl87
October 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM
My goal earlier this year was APL, which I think I've gotten to a few weeks ago. My next hair goal is BSL, which I won't reach this year unless my hair decides to grow crazy fast, but I'll be thrilled if it gets to the middle of my shoulder blades by the end of the year.

YumiYume
October 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I will reach bsl by the end of this year, Im sure of it and my exel growth-doument say so to ^^!!

auroraclio
October 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Nope, was hoping for BSL but probably wont hit until the Spring, i've been trimming lots lately.

Long_hair_bear
October 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
with my current stall, pry not..... :(

GrowingGlory
October 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Yes! I've reached term and my hair is very healthy.

YumiYume
October 17th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Yes! I've reached term and my hair is very healthy.

oh how nice :)! may I ask how long that is :)?

Tabihito
October 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Nope. I was hoping for waist, but thanks to a "trim" that ended up being more than a trim and a horrid stall, I'm still a few inches off.

sun-kissed
October 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
With one inch until waist, and two months to go, I believe I will just make it!

Fingers crossed. :meditate:

dragonfly90
October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I think so! My goal is just pixie length since since I've been growing out a buzz.

gthlvrmx
October 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
My goal for the end of the year is to reach hip and i think im there already, i just want it to look more "solid" at hip. so i dont think i have anything to worry about either way.

millyaulait
October 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Yes! I think I will actually reach BSL!

:cheese:

hmmruka
October 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I think so, I am just reaching hip and should be solidly hip by the end of the year. That is even after a 4 inch trim in March.

ozzy
October 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
if I reach bsl before new years I'll be utterly happy!!! I'm so close now

dulce
October 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM
My goal is hip and I think I'm there now,next is tailbone.

ladonna
October 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
My goal was bsl and right now I'm slightly past. My ends have been looking fray and scraggly, I just figured out today that I'm at a length where I get alot of friction damage if my hair or braid in down my back.