PDA

View Full Version : CO washing frequency for 2c/3a people

pariate
March 17th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hi

So, for fellow 2c/3a lovelies, a question - do you use any form of CO washing (CG routine, straight CO wash, C-COW-C) and if so how often do you do it?

I CO wash and it's four days before it looks dirty again, but I'm considering washing every day simply because I love the curls I get on post-wash day! Tell me about your routines :D:eye:

Hope you all have a lovely week xxx

salamander
March 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I CO once a week. I keep my hair up most of the time, so it doesn't matter that the curls are combed out. I've been wanting to wear it down more, recently, so I'm experimenting with WO on days I want to wear it down but it doesn't need a wash yet.

pariate
March 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Salamander, how do your wurls look on the WO days? Do they form the same way as after a CO wash?

spidermom
March 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I CWC with diluted shampoo every 3-4 days.

rhosyn_du
March 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Before I started using henna, I CO'd every 3-4 days. Since henna, my hair is much more prone to the stringy-nasties, so I've been alternating CO and C-COW-C washes, washing every other day, and that's working pretty well for me.

Altocumulus
March 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I wash every other day because I do scalp oilings with Moonchaser's SS oil. Before I started using the oil, I would usually go 3 or 4 days between washes. I WO on days I don't wash so the curls get revived every day.

psvzum
March 19th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I CO everyday because I like how my curls look after washing.

missy60
March 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I dont need to wash very often maybe once a week, but I do condition every other day or so. On my days off from washing I usually just condition the ends.

AprilElf
March 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I've washed my hair once a week for as long as I can remember. That's all it seems to need. Currently using CWC method. Between washes I apply a bit of conditioner to wet ends.

artgeek
March 22nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
I wash once a week. Some weeks I'll condition the length midweek, but not really in the winter.

harley mama
March 22nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
I CO twice a week. In the warm months I do it more often.

seabear
March 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I wash my hair twice a week - one wash is a CO, the other is CWC - with LOTS of condish as the first step.

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I didn't vote because I'm still trying to figure out if I used the right classification letters for really curly hair. But I wash every other day for now and looking for a new routine.