PDA

View Full Version : Buzzed head with bleached Ends

dragonfly90
October 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I have a buzz that I'm desperately trying to grow out, but the ends are bleached and more fragile than the hair growing from the roots. Do you think split ends will prevent my hair from growing as fast?

Anje
October 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Well, your hair will probably grow at the same speed without regard to what you've done to the hair. Whether you see that growth or it keeps splitting and breaking off is a different question.

The bleached hair will likely split and look thinner and lower-quality than your untreated hair. But I doubt that the damage will travel far into your virgin hair. So whether you want to live with the splitty portions or cut back to your virgin hair is really up to you. In any case, if you stop bleaching henceforth, you will have better quality hair than if you continue to do the treatment, especially if you overlap what sections get bleached.

kaydana
October 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Unless you're not planning on trimming at all, or are going to continue bleaching, the bleached bits will most likely get cut off well before your hair gets to a length where they would start splitting and causing issues.

Miss Catrina
October 12th, 2012, 07:22 PM
If your hair is still that short I wouldn't worry about it yet. The thing with bleached hair is that it's more susceptible to breakage - but at a buzz length there aren't many factors at play to cause it (no brushing, ironing, blow drying, etc).

They'll probably get trimmed off easily once you get to the shaggy mullet stage. :p I wouldn't worry about it unless you find that the ends of your hair sort of start sticking to each other.