PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel abandoned

jacqueline101
October 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I felt abandoned when the site was down. I also committed a few hair sins. I blow dried when I was sick. Towel dried first with my turbie hair towel then I blow dried low heat using a heat protector. I got heavy with my comb a few times. I did make up with a good s&d. Anyone else sinned? Ps did they fix the picture upload issue?

spirals
October 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yes, I missed the people here! I joined another board so I could read about hair. :lol: I didn't do anything outside my normal routine, though. I did want to ask about brushes, and resorted to asking the question on facebook. No answers so far.

DarkCurls
October 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, definitely felt like something was missing.
I'm so so glad the site is back up. :)

spookyghost
October 12th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Jacqueline101-I have actually been very good to my hair but I completely understand being a little bad!;) It was funny because I was reading a thread just like this and I was reading thru it at all the comments people were making about blowdrying their hair a little while the site was down-etc. And here it was from 2008!:p It was from the first time it went down! I lmao-at myself because I just assumed it was the current crash and when I saw I was reading from 2008 I was like-Wow!

I have been loving TBB while not being able to get on here. I have been really liking it too. I actually think I was having problems with LHC before alot of people. The server is too busy message was coming up for a couple weeks before anyone else seemed to be having problems with it but when I would be able to get on I would just go straight to The Maine Forum and suck up all the hair knowledge I could instead of checking out why that was happening to me. No one else seemed to be mentioning it. I almost thought it was my computer.

Then it got to the point I couldnt get on at all. I was completely in the dark and was panicing big time!:) Then on that rare occasion where I got on my main search was to find out what the heck was going on. I mean I wasnt here for the first crash and I had no idea how the members knew when it was up again or what. I did not like being in the dark! That part was killing me. So I did find out about TBB and thats where I have been. So I have been able to get on here twice today-does that mean its up for good or just for now?!:p

I kinda got off track there-sorry! I actually have been doing CG while LHC was having problems and my hair is looking the best it has in a long time. So have been pretty luck. I actually have given up all heat since LHC has been down!

starlamelissa
October 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I felt abandoned when the site was down. I also committed a few hair sins. I blow dried when I was sick. Towel dried first with my turbie hair towel then I blow dried low heat using a heat protector. I got heavy with my comb a few times. I did make up with a good s&d. Anyone else sinned? Ps did they fix the picture upload issue?

I missed LHC a lot while it was gone. Did my normal routine (blowfrying is a big part of it!) but no extra bad stuff, like flat iron/curling iron. Oh and I found a great hairspray that actually brushes out with ease. Freeze it makes it, and it smells like tommy girl perfume so much. lol!

hermosamendoza
October 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I had dreams of cutting, coloring, and blow drying!!!!
and for my anniversary i curled my bangs and used hairspray on a bun!!!

Ephemeral
October 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM
LOL!! we are like a bunch of alcoholics that can't get to AA and are falling of the wagon!! I missed everyone - I don't post that often, but I am on here everyday. I feel like y'all are my extended family.

LadyCelestina
October 12th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Oh how I missed LHC ! Checked everyday multiple times to see if it won't come back up and seeing the front page today made me so happy!
I didn't do anything bad while it was down,but today on the train I was feeling a little hair-down and thought about shaving my head...So I hope being at LHC turns be off this idea and motivates me to just wait for my hair to grow out!

ladonna
October 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I used my curling iron and haven't done a moisture treatment, and I have been wearing my hair down.

Fairlight63
October 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I also missed coming here & seeing all of my friends. I also would test several times a day to see if it was up yet. I was so happy this morning to see that it is working :)

I was wondering what is the website TBB?

faery_braids
October 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I was sad because I hadn't checked the site in a while. I'm glad it's back up, though!

melusine963
October 12th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I avoided hair sins, but I was certainly bored. I'm very glad the LHC is back.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I avoided hair sins, but I was certainly bored. I'm very glad the LHC is back.

Me too, LHC is my favourite place!

CurlyCap
October 12th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I usually feel insane because I try really hard to take care of my hair so that I can gain length. Most people don't understand.

So, yes, I missed LHC because I felt that my only support group hair wise was gone. And all the random questions I usually ask here were just left to...drift...because there was no one in real life who cared enough to even think about the subjects!

dwell_in_safety
October 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I'm so glad that it wasn't down for just me! lol I was worried.

Miss Catrina
October 12th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nothing really changed for me. But I did get photographic evidence of my first white hair during the LHC Outage and regretted that I couldn't share it... I think I'll do that now. :)

(I got an error message on here a second ago - I'm quite nervous it's going to go down again!)

CurlyMopTop
October 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I spent a lot of time lurking on the N.C. Boards, spent over$100 in DevaCurl products from the new Ulta store now the neighborhood, became addicted to diffusing on low with low heat, and had my hubby trim my hair using a Crea clip!:) Yeah, I'd say I missed you guys.

LadyTheta
October 12th, 2012, 07:34 PM
LOL!! we are like a bunch of alcoholics that can't get to AA and are falling of the wagon!! I missed everyone - I don't post that often, but I am on here everyday. I feel like y'all are my extended family.

Ditto here, Ephemeral!! :p

Best to yall,
Theta ;)

cwarren
October 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I think I did a good job as far as sticking to my routine. I didn't do anything that would hurt my hair (mainly because I wanted my hair to remain in good health for when the boards came back up :)).

But I did check to see if the site was up every couple of days. I like being a part of a group that can identify with my interest in hair.

justgreen
October 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I was just fine. Hanging out with my buddies at The Beauty Bottle, LHC's sister site. Yeah I missed LHC, :justy: but mostly missed everyone's blogs . I don't consider anything I do or don't do to my hair, a sin. I practice benign neglect, but I still have healthy hair. If I want to use the blow dryer , I use it. *GASP* I even use my flat iron, but I use two different products so there is no damage there. If you use the proper products, you can blow dry or use the flat iron on a low setting. Now, if you have really fine or damaged hair, I'm not advising you to use these items. But it's not a sin. Please don't feel guilty . :flower:

starlamelissa
October 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
justy, I also was on the beauty bottle, chillin. I didnt create a username over there cuz' that would be admitting that LHC may not come back. LOL.

Also- I dont get the hair sin thing either. My hair is fine, thick, color treated, worn down a whole lot, and shampooed and blown dry 3 times a week, more if it needs it. But my hair is long healthy and looks great. I just do those sinful things carefully. :)

Lazy Loop
October 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yes, I was totally lost without LHC! I am still experimenting with hair treatments, so I come here daily to find out what I'm going to do next. Without this resource, I was scanning TBB and joined LHC Facebook group. But I have damaged hair, and tons of questions all the time. Glad it's back.

Break my routine? Yes, a little, because I couldn't get back to Snowymoon's recipes, shampoo ideas, etc.

Also, I found that if I Googled: Long.Hair.community.Honey.coconut.oil, for example, I would get to a link, and if I clicked on the "cached" link I could view one page at a time, but couldn't go to any links from within the forum. Oh, well! I should probably keep a list of recipes, just incase. But it was very distressing for me, too.

goldloli
October 12th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I was just fine. Hanging out with my buddies at The Beauty Bottle, LHC's sister site. Yeah I missed LHC, :justy: but mostly missed everyone's blogs . I don't consider anything I do or don't do to my hair, a sin. I practice benign neglect, but I still have healthy hair. If I want to use the blow dryer , I use it. *GASP* I even use my flat iron, but I use two different products so there is no damage there. If you use the proper products, you can blow dry or use the flat iron on a low setting. Now, if you have really fine or damaged hair, I'm not advising you to use these items. But it's not a sin. Please don't feel guilty . :flower:

Quoting for truth justgreen!!

I was borderline miserable with my hair, never heat styling, always feeling kinda ugly and unkempt. Been straightening/curling on low heat for a month or so, more recently ive been blowdrying on low heat... My ends are shiny, healthy and now closing in on hip. I think the measures we take here in terms of treatments and detangling ensure that any damage is minimal if it happens. Enjoy your hair girlies :cheese:

leslissocool
October 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
IT WAS HORRIBLE http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k635/mtgirl79/smileys/crying.gif

Demi-Plum
October 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I wanted to look up some things and I felt like I had no place to go while the LHC was down. I felt lost and frustrated. I'm glad it's back! I really should do a very serious S&D but I've been really sick again and I keep seeing splits. Especially with the change in weather =.='

PrairieRose
October 12th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I was also enjoying some time at TBB:) But I did miss LHC!

justgreen
October 12th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Yes, I was totally lost without LHC! I am still experimenting with hair treatments, so I come here daily to find out what I'm going to do next. Without this resource, I was scanning TBB and joined LHC Facebook group. But I have damaged hair, and tons of questions all the time. Glad it's back.

Break my routine? Yes, a little, because I couldn't get back to Snowymoon's recipes, shampoo ideas, etc.

Also, I found that if I Googled: Long.Hair.community.Honey.coconut.oil, for example, I would get to a link, and if I clicked on the "cached" link I could view one page at a time, but couldn't go to any links from within the forum. Oh, well! I should probably keep a list of recipes, just incase. But it was very distressing for me, too.

Just wanted to mention that several of TBB members probably either know those recipes , etc. by heart or have them on their computer. I saw where you posted about the coconut oil in shampoo, good thread!:) Anyway, feel free to ask over there if you ever have a question!

AcornMystic
October 12th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Acutally you know... I haven't comitted any sin since LHC went down. I mean.. unless you consider over-handling a sin, but hey.. not everyone practices benign neglect, or should I say can stick to it. :o :p Actually I was more vigilant in my hair routines and practising healthy hair habits. It actually may have helped me to take a step back and see that it was time to move on to products that work better for me because I could see that it must get better, and that what I had was not what I was trying to achieve. I've recently changed my shampoo from diluted baby shampoo to Prairie Naturals Big Skies medicated tea tree shampoo for it's anti-septic qualities. I've also gone back to dabbling with honey/water as a leave in, microwaving the honey of course to destroy the bleaching agent in it. I'm now looking for a better conditioner and I may have just found the ticket. Biolage conditioning balm. We shall see, once I use up the conditioner I am using now. LHC going down may have been a push for me to step back and analyse my situation and what I've learned so far about healthy hair care. My hair is looking and feeling pretty happy now. ^.^

MissAlida
October 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I blow dried...it's really getting cold where I live, and I had a fever on top of that, so the heat felt good. I'm not sorry I did. But I'm glad that LHC is back.:D

mzBANGBANG
October 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Like everyone else, I hair sinned. On the other hand I also forgot to wash my hair and didn't realize until yesterday when I got to work and looked like a grease pan.... oops. I guess LHC is the only thing that keeps my hair routine consistent.

Anywhere
October 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I blowfried, and bleached my ends in an attempt to ombre them..:o

I felt very lost.

elbow chic
October 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Yes, I was homesick in the most curious way!

But I didn't do anything reckless with my hair. I've got some faded blue manic panic I'm ready to be rid of, so I've been washing more often and thoroughly than usual to hasten its departure along, but that's the worst of it. haha.

MrsGuther
October 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I missed LHC a lot. I joined at TBB while LHC was down, and that is a nice cozy forum. :)

SunlightShines
October 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm guilty of blow drying while I was sick too. The heat felt soooo good on my ears when they were hurting! But I need to do a good deep condition to make up for it! My hair is feeling dry.