PDA

View Full Version : happy with hair or body compliments?

sahiba
August 14th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Now ,i know we women pay a lot of attention to ourselves,especially when we have to o out. And how we all love getting compliments is also not hidden ,men included btw.But because we are LHCers ,my question is if given a choice you had rather have hair compliment or body?:eyebrows:

Sarahmoon
August 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Hair!!! :D

tiny_teesha
August 14th, 2008, 02:43 AM
hair too! :)

Calanthe
August 14th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Hair, I guess. :D

sexyjacksparrow
August 14th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Hair. Mainly because I know I need to lose weight so I wouldn't think a body compliment was genuine. Saying that, even if I was back to my ideal weight, I think I'd probably still prefer a hair compliment.

I do get a good few compliments on my curls, but I'm looking forward to the day when I get 'your hair is so shiny' or 'wow - you hair is so long'. Might be a good long while off yet though - lol.

mira-chan
August 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hair, body complements from people I'm not close to tend to strike me as just a bit creepy.

Ohio Sky
August 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Compliments on the body are usually just kinda creepy, but I'd rather have someone tell me I'm beautiful than tell me I have nice hair.

Maybe because I'm more self conscious about the rest of me. I KNOW I have nice hair! :p

pariate
August 14th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Body. That's the thing I need more reassurance on! :lol: But again, I could accept a hair compliment from a random stranger, whereas as body compliments are more intimate, more personal.

Slug Yoga
August 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I think I would always dislike a compliment on my body from a man I didn't know. On the whole I think I'd prefer hair compliments, since I don't really get those any more!

Once when I was about 16, and my hair was not much longer than it is now, I was waiting at a bus stop and let it down and started brushing it. A (male) stranger told me my hair was beautiful, and that the color was beautiful, and was very emphatic that I should never dye it. I've always remembered that, when I think how much cooler it would be to have some dramatic hair color.

sapphire-o
August 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hair. All I get for my body is how slim it is, and I don't even like that. I'm slim because of poor health, and I'd rather be fat if I can be healthy.

Aisha25
August 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hair yes from only husband of course;) But stranger, no compliments at all.

thankyousir74
August 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hair definitely, the body thing is a bit creepy. Whenever a guy says something about my body I can't help but feel like they were checking me out >_>

AJoifulNoise
August 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Considering the fact that I am currently working more on getting my body healthy, I'm going with getting a body compliment. A quick "hey, you've lost some weight, haven't you?" makes my day. ^.^

CountessDeJager
August 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Shoes! :p Somebody who appreciates wacky shoes is more of a kindred spirit to me than one who notices less colorful aspects like my hair or physique.

Naluin
August 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Hair. I think I put more work into my hair than my body and I am more concerned with the way my hair looks than how my body looks. My body is the way it is because of genetics. I do very little to it except feed it and walk it and I think it looks fine. Though, I do love a shoe compliment. I :heartbeat my shoes!

CountessDeJager
August 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Though, I do love a shoe compliment. I :heartbeat my shoes!

I found my peer group! :cheese:

julya
August 14th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Shoes! :p Somebody who appreciates wacky shoes is more of a kindred spirit to me than one who notices less colorful aspects like my hair or physique.

I can't wait to meet you, and see your colorful shoes!

As far as compliments, I like it if my friends/family notice improvements in my body. I have started a new exercise plan and I like reinforcement. It would be odd if a stranger said something about my body though.

I don't get many hair compliments in real life, but they are always welcome!

Phalaenopsis
August 15th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I just want both! :D (greedy little old me)

hennared
August 15th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Hair.

A complement on my hair I would take more as a comment on my overall health. A complement on my body,well that could be healthy and look various ways. But healthy hair pretty much only has one way to look!

MoonCreature
August 15th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Body.
I don't mind a hair compliment, but I'm kind of spoiled with getting the "oh you hair looks so thick, it looks so shiny, it's really long" etc, but the "you look nice, have you lost some weight?" or more private comments from someone special is a treat. This mainly because I've been struggling with overweight for a long time and I'm finally starting to come to terms with my body.

Tap Dancer
August 15th, 2008, 05:37 AM
If someone was checking out my body and making comments, I'd be offended. I don't want people looking at me like that. (It would be different if I had a boyfriend but I don't.) I don't mind compliments about my hair, eyes, or smile.

Iylivarae
August 15th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Actually, I like compliments about my character a lot more than compliments about my look. And... I don't think I prefer hair to body, except for if the body-compliments are made in a... not so nice way (like staring and then saying something... eek)

bte
August 15th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I don't get many of either, so all compliments are welcome - eyes, not looking my age etc equally rare and equally welcome! Compliments can be creepy from strangers (even for me as a male!), so a lot depends on the circumstances.

RavenDream
August 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Body. I work really hard to keep my body in shape and hair just kinda goes along with it all. All around compliments are nice, though.

trolleypup
August 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I just want both! :D (greedy little old me)
Ditto! Although how much I value the compliment varies with the complimenter.

Elanor
August 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
A body compliment would feel a bit creepy unless the person giving it was someone I know. Hair compliments are always welcome, from friends and from strangers :D

Chromis
August 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I like all compliments as long as they aren't creepy!

peachrose
August 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Since I am currently at APL I would LOVE to hear a compliment about my hair getting long.... Body compliments, like everyone said, can be a little creepy...

D-eath
August 18th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I'm not a woman but happy with hair compliments, too.

GlassEyes
August 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hmmm...

If I'm going on topic, I think I'd like any compliemtn coming my way as long as it was sincere. I like getting compliments on my hair, but not any better than getting compliments on my body.

I think I'd much rather be complimented on my writing or art.

vindo
August 18th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hair!

I find my body much better looking so a hair compliment would be IT! :o

jojo
August 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM
It all depends who's delivering the compliment if it was my husband apart from pass out id be chuffed to bits with either hair or body compliment. Off a stranger if it was about my body id feel incredibly self conscience, hair compliments id be over the moon!

Tangles
August 18th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hair. That said, I don't think body compliments are necessarily creepy, at all. As long as it's not a COMPLETE stranger. It's all in the tone of voice, really. For example, "You have such a cute figure" could be said in a totally innocent way, whereas "I really like your feet" said in the wrong tone of voice could be totally creepy.

Alenka
August 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Compliments always make me feel good.

Hair!

I find my body much better looking so a hair compliment would be IT! :o
Emi, I just cannot understand this.
Your hair is looking so beautiful and wonderful, I love it and I am looking forward to get my hair like this and longer.
Please look at your hair and see how beautifully long it has grown.
And please stop complaining and worrying about the ends of your hair. They are looking great as well ans so smooth and even.
I remember that you wanted to let it grow beyond CL. Just go for it, your hair is so I hope that you'll let it grow beyond CL, it will look even more special on you.

Siava
August 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I already get compliments on my body from Mr. Wonderful so I'm good in that department. Definitely hair! I've been so nice to it.

Saranne772
August 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hair compliement, I would get very uncomfortable with a body compliment unless it was from a BF/DH of which I have neither :lol:

dor3girl
August 19th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I think it depends on who is giving the compliment. I can accept a hair compliment from anyone--but a body compliment means more from someone you know (who has seen you looking less fit, out of shape, or whatever). I think it would be uncomfortable if some guy or girl said, "you have a nice body" and I didn't know them. Hair grows regardless of body type, so I think the body compliment would be more "earned"--cause it takes so much more work to have a nice body. Did I even answer the question?

dor3girl
August 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hair. That said, I don't think body compliments are necessarily creepy, at all. As long as it's not a COMPLETE stranger. It's all in the tone of voice, really. For example, "You have such a cute figure" could be said in a totally innocent way, whereas "I really like your feet" said in the wrong tone of voice could be totally creepy.

Thanks for the laugh! I love the feet comment--I almost fell out of my chair!

dor3girl
August 19th, 2008, 03:39 PM
On another note: hubby rarely compliments either one--so I would take ANY compliments he wished to pass my way!

rhubarbarin
August 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I don't mind when people compliment my hair or say something innocuous like 'you're a pretty girl'. I just say thanks and move on.

I hate people talking about my body, though. People do it all the time and I'm sick of it. I have a rather unusual body type I guess and while people are more apt to be complimentary than negative, it's still always uncomfortable for me..

paper
August 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Seeing how I've been spending more time on my hair then body lately, I'd have to say hair.

Tangles
August 19th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the laugh! I love the feet comment--I almost fell out of my chair!

The sad thing is, I have gotten more feet compliments from males than anything else... it IS a bit disturbing !!!

cuddledumplin
August 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I don't mind any compliment that isn't creepy, but I tend to get my share of crrepy compliments. I've got some nice ones about my body, but most tend to be a bit weird. I get a lot of nice hair and skin compliments though, so it's a tradeoff.

ZaBasDa
August 19th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I have issues with receiving any kind of compliment other than hair ones.

longhairedfairy
August 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
"Hair! I find my body much better looking so a hair compliment would be IT!"

-Emichiee

But, Emichiee, you have some of the prettiest hair in the world!

Stagecoach
August 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Body. Probably because I've never had a compliment/comment made on my body but I get them pretty reguarly on my hair.

longhairedfairy
August 23rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
Stagecoach, from what I can see of you in your siggy pic, you are built really cute! (that didn't sound weird, did it?)

winter_star
August 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
I'm usually really happy with my body so it doesnt really bother me much. I often feel a bit insecure about my hair. i sometimes feel a bit daggy. So I can say I would gladly welcome all hair comments!!

Stagecoach
August 23rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Stagecoach, from what I can see of you in your siggy pic, you are built really cute! (that didn't sound weird, did it?)

Aw, thank you. :inlove: And no, that didn't sound creepy!

shellydocker
August 23rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Well for starter's i'm not happy with my body, so find it hard to take compliments about it.... As for my hair thats one thing I seem to like about myself.... I almost always wear my hair down when I go out and about to do anything, and I know it attracts attention..... I LOVE getting compliments on my hair, always brings a smile to my face and makes my day brighter.... i try and do the same when i see someone with nice or long hair.... Wonderful feeling knowing you have made someone Smile

vindo
August 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM
"Hair! I find my body much better looking so a hair compliment would be IT!"

-Emichiee

But, Emichiee, you have some of the prettiest hair in the world!

Compliments always make me feel good.

Emi, I just cannot understand this.
Your hair is looking so beautiful and wonderful, I love it and I am looking forward to get my hair like this and longer.
Please look at your hair and see how beautifully long it has grown.
And please stop complaining and worrying about the ends of your hair. They are looking great as well ans so smooth and even.
I remember that you wanted to let it grow beyond CL. Just go for it, your hair is so I hope that you'll let it grow beyond CL, it will look even more special on you.

Oh thank you both but I think you misunderstand...I find my hair looks 'good' but not perfect...so I would like to change and improve its thinness - which really is much more appearent on the real me than on a photo ;)

My body however I am very happy with..maybe a pound more here and there but..yeah..less things I would want to change.
->I did not want to say it like that so people don't think I'm full of myself :oops:

heatherainsley
August 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I would definitely want compliments on my hair i do not like getting compliments on my body just creeps me out.

redtea
August 29th, 2008, 01:49 PM
If I eliminate hairdressers, I could probably count the number of hair compliments I've gotten in my life on one hand. I get mostly body compliments and skin compliments. I'd like to think with all the care I'm taking of my hair now, that eventually when my hair gets longer I'll start getting more hair compliments, but for some reason I think my hair type isn't really the type that gets complimented on much in the real world, so I think I'll be satisfied just knowing it looks good to me.

Alessamb
August 30th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Both hair and body, but not because of my hair length, unfortunately.

yogachic
August 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hair, I agree with Slug Yoga on the body compliment from a man you don't know. It could get kind of creepy.

fleurdelis
August 30th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hair, because until now I care about it way more then about my body, plus I am quite satisfied with my body, always was, but never before this year with my har.

<She>
August 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
I get compliments more often about my hair, and sometimes about my body about how thin I am and stuff like that. But I would like to get more about my hair and to not get any body compliments. I don't like to show my body much (I mean my figure, although I'm satisfied with the way it looks), it's enough that I look the way I look (strange to other people) and still I get men and women turning their heads.

But if I could choose to get or to not get any compliments, I would rather not. I don't know how to react on them.

deja
September 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Body compliments make me feel uncomfortable, so hair.

maborosi
September 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hair. I know a lot of people already erm...try to compliment my body? In kinda a creepy way.

I don't feel as uncomfortable when someone tells me that my hair looks nice. It doesn't have as strong of a sexual connotation, to me, when a guy says my hair looks good as opposed to them saying things about my body.

~maborosi~

goldcopperbrown
September 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Now ,i know we women pay a lot of attention to ourselves,especially when we have to o out. And how we all love getting compliments is also not hidden ,men included btw.But because we are LHCers ,my question is if given a choice you had rather have hair compliment or body?:eyebrows:

Since my hair is fine, dark and not that long I almost never get hair compliments unless I do something new with it. I get body compliments a lot from women (the ones from men don't really feel like compliments, more random call-outs). Anyway, I'd probably still stick with body compliments. I'd be shocked if a person complimented my hair in its natural state, lol

Leeloo
September 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
It depends on a type of body complement. If it’s innocent one then I prefer a body complement, but otherwise hair one.

chen bao jun
September 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I want to get complimented by being told I have long hair! (or at least that my hair has grown, which it really has but nobody notices because I am curly).
People constantly tell me that I have beautiful hair (because it is curly) and I have always gotten lots of compliments for my figure. This did used to be creepy coming from strange guys but now that I am an older lady, I don't mind being told that I have not fallen completely apart yet by strangers, including men, so long as they are polite (not your random whistling construction worker/truck driver). People have always told me I am pretty, which is nice of them and my husband says I should be grateful and again, it's nicer now that I'm way into my fifties than it used to be when I was young and easily embarrassed, but unless its a kid under five, which is kind of sweet, it's hard to know exactly how to respond to some random stranger (like the checkout lady) just complimenting you out of the blue, or when you are introduced to someone and its the first thing out of their mouth (again, my husband says I should be grateful, and that I should be used to it, but its like, 'what happened to just saying, I'm pleased to meet you?' There's a reason for these set social phrases, you know exactly how to respond and it makes life easier. I have learned a few things to say over the years to get over the awkward moment where there's this awkward silence when people do this--if its a woman, I just say, 'Oh you're so sweet and I like your dress, handbag, the way you look in that color, etc.' and if it's a guy, I say something like, oh, aren't you nice, flattery will get you everywhere--and then I compliment his wife. Just something to make everybody comfortable again and to take the focus off me. Because at my age I know none of this means very much, as my dad always used to say to me and my sister, yes, its great that you're pretty, that and a subway token will get you on the train, big deal.
However, although it is about jsut as meaningful, for once in my life i'd love to hear someone say, your hair is so long. I wouldn't have any idea what to say, and I'd be SO delighted.Not expecting it to happen--my hair will probably grow to my waist--and look like its still shoulder length. Oh, well.You can't have everything you want.

woodswanderer
September 12th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I would prefer a body compliment as long as it wasn't too creepy. I guess I feel more confident about my hair and don't need the validation as bad.

neko_kawaii
September 12th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Either one. I had a hat compliment today from a hat wearing gentleman. We were waiting for a light together and ended up going the same way for half a block and chatted until he reached his destination.

Thinthondiel
September 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Depends who it's from. Stranger, friend or family member - hair. Lover - body.

Stray_mind
September 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
It depends if i feel like i deserve that compliment or not. But if i had to choose-definitely hair.

FuzzyBlackWaves
September 14th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Both? :eyebrows: Heh. Not many people comment on my hair, so I suppose it'd be nice to hear people's opinions on it for a change.

0xalis
September 14th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I would LOVE to get hair compliments... or just any compliments in general! *sigh*

MonaMayfair
September 15th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Body, definitely. I wouldn't want to get a hair compliment from a guy, unless it was from a boyfriend. Way too creepy...

Komao
September 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair.Flow it, show it,
long as God can grow it, my hair

jacqueline101
September 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Both sorry I'll take all I can.

Lady Mary
September 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I'm not very gracious about accepting compliments but I guess I'd pick body as long as it was polite.

Komao
September 16th, 2013, 06:17 AM
After reading, jaqueline 101, I'll reconsider. It's all in one package. Wouldn't have hair to show if no body. I guess I'm really open to compliments:whistle:

Killahkurlz
September 16th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Hair because I put a LOT more effort into my hair than my body....and I try not to flaunt my body around....I'm sort of timid when it comes to that sort of thing. Especially if it's a guy commenting on my body, like thanks....now stop sexualizing me please.