PDA

View Full Version : Negative experience support thread

Eryka
August 13th, 2008, 06:46 AM
For those with long hair, our tresses are something we love and cherish. Unfortunately, there are times when that can be used against us. This thread is for all the individuals who've have had their hair used against them, in whatever way.

My experience was being dragged up a flight of stairs by my fingertip length ponytail. I was on a first date and apparently he would not take no for an answer. After that night I seriously considered making my hair short. To this day I still won't wear a pontytail, even inside the house. My locks did not get cut but it has made me very aware of my hair in public. Right now it is just below my knees.

Daoine Sidhe
August 13th, 2008, 07:07 AM
:( I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with such a horrible guy.

But if you didn't have long hair, whe probably would have dragged you with something else, your clothes or a leg.

What wrong with that man ?! Horrible :s

Eryka
August 13th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Come to think of it, my neck would have been an easy target. But yeah, it sucked. Got revenge though, so it's ok.

MsBubbles
August 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Ugh! There are some messed up people around. I'd think that'd qualify for some kind of harm or abuse that you could report. I hope you did but you probably didn't (speaking from my own past experiences that I didn't think were 'bad' enough to report).

Really long pony tails and braids are indeed grab-able or snip-able, and you never know what lunatic is around the next corner, but your hair didn't do anything wrong. That guy was clearly out of line and is probably pulling other women upstairs by their arms or clothing if they don't have a long ponytail.

I don't have any negative hair experience like this to share, thank God. I'm sorry you went through that. Nobody should be treated that way.

Eryka
August 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
On re-reading that post I just made, it is not ok what he did, but I got closure.

Curses for being a newbie and not being able to edit my posts.

WavyGirl
August 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you. (((hugs))) Thankfully I don't have any horror stories to share.

jojo
August 13th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Ive been dragged by my hair years ago now and ended up with a bald patch due to it not nice at all, I think this is why I cannot stand people touching my hair drives me bonkers.

Eryka
August 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks MsBubbles. This was many years ago so I have some emotional distance to view things. If all he did was pull me up the stairs I might've wavered about doing something to him. However it was the next 37 minutes afterwards in his bedroom that cinched the deal.

Its also fairly common for SO to dominate your hairstyle. Most women I know cut their hair after a relationship or a divorce. My boyfriend actually began to grow his out because his ex wife hated it.

Eboshi
August 13th, 2008, 07:58 AM
TLHC is a friendship based forum for those who wish to grow their hair longer. These types of threads, "How have you been abused because of your hair .... give ALL the details" are fet*sh magnets.

This thread is closed.