PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

EbonyCurls
March 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Post any and all random hairy thoughts!

my thought: why do I sometimes believe that talking about hair enough will make it grow; like if I wish for it hard enough my body will comply biologically..or something lol.

rubyann
March 16th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Though I frequently wish my hair were thicker, I'm really glad it's soft and wavy.:)

Cinnamon Hair
March 16th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Why did I not buy the Sally's membership card when I could have saved about $3.50 just on yesterday's purchase (the card costs $5 per year)? ugh. But then if I bought the card I wouldn't need anything from Sally's. Always happens like that.

catfish
March 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I am much happier with my hair now that I've stopped wanting to make it curlier and am now focusing on just making it softer and shiny.:ocatfish

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 07:15 AM
why does hair just change it's mind and decide it hates protein one day when the past 6 months it begs for it?

freznow
March 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
My hair gets so much more attention than the rest of me. I oil it and groom it, but really don't pay that much attention to my skin. *pets hair*

FroandBeyond
March 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I feel like I need to stock up on products. My favorite product was discontinued a few years ago; I've been traumatized ever since.

jamisonlcloud
March 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Why didn't i buy that soft bonnet hair dryer, for deep conditioning purposes when it was on sale!

EbonyCurls
March 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Why didn't i buy that soft bonnet hair dryer, for deep conditioning purposes when it was on sale!

yeah, why didn't you lol.
I don't have a soft-bonnet dryer, I have a soft-bonnet heat-cap and it absolutely does wonders for deep conditioner. I've used it for years and I can't imagine doing a DC w/out it.

My hair's not perfect and I'm learning to love its imperfections more than anything else.
It rarely looks as bad as I sometimes think it does.

Hypatia
March 21st, 2008, 01:01 AM
How can my hair grow four inches and look like it's in the same place? Where are those extra inches? Do they only come out when I get the tape?

EbonyCurls
March 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
<sigh> I am lovin how my hair feels between my shoulderblades.
I haven't felt this in so long. It's wonderfully foreign.

FroandBeyond
March 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
My hair smells so nice from that Dove Sheer Moisture leave in.

jessie58
March 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm wishing I had better result from my Caruso curlers, I hope I can get a better look, next time I try them.

I wonder if end papers will help the frizzing on my ends?

I can't wait to measure on April 1st. I think it grew again.

Naluin
March 30th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Some days I used to feel like my hair was an alien appendage grafted on my head by mistake.

Now, when I think that my hair is being weird, I figure that my hair is growing under the influence of my thoughts, which are often weird themselves. :rolleyes:

Nynaeve
March 30th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Why is it, that when I'm sitting around in the car or eating or doing something random, I see all these split ends are get embarrassed, but when I actually have scissors and I sit down to S&D, I can't find a single bloody split end?
Why is it so hard to spell the word "scissors" anyway?

young&reckless
March 31st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Why after my first trim in a year, do I realize my cleaned up front layers will no longer stay in a bun.

*Huffs out of the bathroom after fifth atempt at a bun with a pony tail*

FroandBeyond
April 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Why is it that when I lose interest in class or conversations I start looking for split ends?

mommy101405
April 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Why do I love brushing so much? I know its prob hurting my hair but ahh the feeling of freshly brushed hair.

And why is it that everytime I plan to have a non washing day to give my hair a break something comes up and I have to wash anyway.

FroandBeyond
April 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
O my goodness!!!! every natural hairstyle does not equal dreadlocks people. I love my hair, but at the moment locs are not on my mind.

Cichelle
April 15th, 2008, 03:07 PM
The less I do to my hair, the better. It took me a long time to realize that my dreaded dry ends were often due to product build up.

Faepirate
April 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
<sigh> I am lovin how my hair feels between my shoulderblades.
I haven't felt this in so long. It's wonderfully foreign.

Ditto but with the small of my back. When I was washing my hair this morning I tipped my head back and felt it brush against my back dimples.... It was like, "Wow. WOW. That's new. That's MY HAIR!"

Very awesome.

Also,
I've managed to stop pulling hairs out! This is a victory for me :D Whenever I used to find split ends, I would HAVE to pluck it out. I'm sure this was not good for my follicles....... o_O But I've stopped doing it now. In fact, I haven't found any major splits for a while. *happy* But when I do, if I'm out I resist and try not to think about it and if I'm at home I use the scissors.

Curlsgirl
April 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Ditto but with the small of my back. When I was washing my hair this morning I tipped my head back and felt it brush against my back dimples.... It was like, "Wow. WOW. That's new. That's MY HAIR!"Very awesome.

Me toooooooooooooooo!!! We're at the same length! :cheese:Guess that's why! Actually mine may be 30 now. Come to think of it I think I'll go measure!!! Haven't done that in a while. I may be depressed in a few minutes :mad:

Michiru
April 16th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Thought: why does my scalp always have such a strong smell???

Curlsgirl
April 16th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Measured and still around 29 inches. Why do I bother? It is SO hard to measure my hair. I know I have growth in a month. I need to just go by body points like I used to. But it takes FOREVER to get an inch of curly! :mad:

getoffmyskittle
April 16th, 2008, 07:30 AM
How can my hair grow four inches and look like it's in the same place? Where are those extra inches? Do they only come out when I get the tape?

Me too!! :rolleyes:

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Bumping..

My random hairy thought for the day, "I hate to wash my hair when it's cold" :shudder:

Ryanne
November 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Why can't I find the split ends I saw a few hours ago?

Hypnotica
November 14th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Why do I feel this urge to by more hair accessories? I have plenty and there isn't really anything out there that I covet right now.

Monsterkitti
November 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
My scalp smells different, kinda nice actually even today on day 4. Blaming soapnuts for lack of another culprit.

Kaeri
November 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Why can't I find a nice scent that I like for when I oil my hair?

jojo
November 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Oh what a great fun thread! I like to visualize what my hair will look like in a years time, but one random thought is why does my hair one day look so short yet another so long?

Islandgrrl
November 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
My random wondering is that it's not fair that someone who gets a haircut that's startling different from what they had before gets tons of attention, but the person who patiently plods away growing their hair gets virtually none. And, come on, which is a bigger accomplishment????

MsBubbles
November 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Why do I feel this urge to by more hair accessories?.

Ok this is too funny. Hypnotica - whenever I see your sig pic (back of the head, hair down) I always imagine 'Donna' from 'That 70s Show' talking. I love her hair and yours reminds me of it. Whatever you post, I imagine her saying.

And now this whole thread is like on 'That 70s Show' where they're sitting in the basement at that table and all spouting random comments in turn. :p

MsBubbles
November 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I wonder how my hair really looks to other real-life people: mysteriously floaty, straggly, haggard, thin, enviably straight...? I'm sure it doesn't look as good as I imagine/hope it does.

Isblå
November 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Random thoughts:

I am moving and I can't wait to get moved so that I can find my tools in the boxes and finally assemble my new hairsticks (sticks from firemountaingems in bone with rock crystal toppers). Weee!

logica_divina
November 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Why does my hair in most cases look soooo much nicer at home (where I toss it while dancing and jumping and my buns look better even though I never try as hard to make them look good or even presentable as when I make them for going outside the house) then outside (or at school, or when I go out...)? Makes sense?

helen2806
November 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I wonder why my hair will never wave or curl in the way I want it to so I always end up blow-drying and/or straightening it?!
:mad:

granitbaby
November 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I wonder why I always find hairpins on my kitchen floor.
What are they doing there? How do they get there?
Is my kitchen floor the place that hairpins come to die?

maliha
November 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Why cant my hair be as good as like the day i washed it for the whole week?

Why is it when there is some party or ocassion my hair start acting strange as if they just dont belong to me?

Why do hairs grow so slow?

Actually there are lot of thoughts I better keep them away :)

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I need to be cleaning my house and I am sitting her reading and posting on LHC again. :o

Dolly
November 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I need to be cleaning my house and I am sitting her reading and posting on LHC again. :o

ME TOO!! Off to wash dishes.....THEN I will oil my hair.....

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
ME TOO!! Off to wash dishes.....THEN I will oil my hair.....

Oh well okay. I'll do it too. :rolleyes:

:D

peachy.pudding
November 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I have finally worked out a decent trim plan no doubt this will change again

Why do i love freshly cut hair when all i want is growth

Why am i tempted to straighten my fringe with irons when its already straight

Dolly
November 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Oh well okay. I'll do it too. :rolleyes:

:D

I DID.....DID YOU? :D

I washed my dishes, and then I heavily oiled my hair with a new product I bought from Organic Creations, called aloe butter....it is virgin coconut oil infused with aloe. How cool is that?

ladyfairington
November 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
i'm going to knott's berry farm for my birthday, and i don't know how to wear my hair.

my friend made me a circlet out of braided leather strips, but i also want my hair out of my face.

something braided so it's out of my face, yet also loose so you can see my pretty long hair.

but if i do leave it down, it'll get all tangly and get in my face.

or worse, it'll get stuck on the ride.

eep. <3!

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I DID.....DID YOU? :D

I washed my dishes, and then I heavily oiled my hair with a new product I bought from Organic Creations, called aloe butter....it is virgin coconut oil infused with aloe. How cool is that?

Um no um, my hubby got home and demanded my attention. We went to eat and I still haven't done anything here. :o Oh well, the whole messy house will be here tomorrow when I get home from breakfast, shopping and the new Bond movie :D

Curlsgirl
November 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I wish there was a WARM way to dry hair naturally without damaging it in the winter. :(

Sighridh
November 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I wonder if that super duper oil mix that's been working so well on my hair would be just the thing for my horse's manes and tails...

teacher_mom2
November 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I had a dream the other night that my hair was long - it hung over my shoulders. I remember looking in the mirror and gasping. It was so pretty.
then i woke up.

RavennaNight
November 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I wish there was a WARM way to dry hair naturally without damaging it in the winter. :(

I second that. Although out here the weather has been creepy warm.

Why can't I stop looking at hair product?! I am stocked to the gills with enough Prann to last me a nuclear winter in a bunker. And plenty of VO5 to boot. Why can't I stop loonking at more products!?

joyellen
November 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I wish I hadn't gotten all those layers cut with a razor a few months ago. They look terrible now that I've stopped using heat products :(

Isblå
November 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I used my old brush today, just to verify the difference, the hair looks matted and dull. I am thinking of the fact that there is a fortune spent on hair every day, but it seems no one knows the simple stuff like what tools to use for brushing different hair, most hair care is about buying expensive products and styling aids. And about moisture in the hair? Everything is just about avoiding greasy scalp. I never had problems with that, but my hair has always been dry when long. I just think it is weird, that's all...

LawyerGirl
November 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I shouldn't go through old pictures!! It makes me tooooo hair impatient :((( Why did I ever cut it??

(Avatar is where I *was* in 2006... siggy is where I am now... )

Shorty89
November 15th, 2008, 10:06 PM
thought: why doesn't my hair like me :justy: I haven't changed anything in my routine

DragonLady
November 16th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Why do manufacturer's always discontinue a product after I've fallen in love with it?

Why has the hair in the middle of the back of my head grown two inches longer than the hair on the sides? I started out with a blunt cut...now, it's a v-shape?

Why do I always find a thousand new split ends moments after I've put down the scissors from a thorough S&D?

Why does my shampoo have the same ingredients as my dishwashing liquid?

Why do all my favorite hairstyles in magazines call for blowdrying, backcombing, hair extensions and hot rollers?

Why does my family think my hair has become an obsession? And worse, why are my cats obsessed with playing in my hair? Don't they have enough toys?

And finally, why does Monistat go on sale the weekend after I just bought two new tubes at the regular price?

Dreamernz
November 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
my gosh cinnamon hair i think ive seen your vids on youtube.......long live long hair!:D

luciole
November 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Why do updoes always look better on other people than on me?:rant:

Naluin
November 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I suck at regular hair maintenance besides wash and oil. :o

Boots
November 16th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Does DH *really* think it's "totally fine" that I lay on the bed with conditioned hair tucked into an ugly shower cap and a heating pad wrapped around my head? Or is he secretly plotting divorce so he can seek a woman who doesn't groom herself constantly like a cat?

Tangles
November 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Why has it been so long since my hair touched my shoulder blades (it still doesn't)?

Why can't my hair decide whether to be straight or wavy?

Why does my hair look bad when I blow dry it (on rare occasions, but it would be nice to have "perfect" hair every now and then)!?

Why can't I competently french or dutch braid?

Tangles
November 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Does DH *really* think it's "totally fine" that I lay on the bed with conditioned hair tucked into an ugly shower cap and a heating pad wrapped around my head? Or is he secretly plotting divorce so he can seek a woman who doesn't groom herself constantly like a cat?

Is that you in your avatar! :p

GlassEyes
November 16th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I've lost my debit card, and the only real reason I'm upset is because I can't buy shea butter for my hair. D:

Edit: Only because nothing has been charged to it and it's somewhere in the abyss of my room.

winter_star
November 17th, 2008, 03:51 AM
I wonder what I will look like with grey hair? I'm so used to it always being dark...

MissMaryMac
November 17th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Why do I keep my hair so long? Should I cut it?

(hint)

Because I think it's pretty and no, I won't be cutting it!;):p

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I love braids. I think they are sort of romantic! :violin:

~GypsyCurls~
November 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Okay, I think it's kinda ironic that out of all the ads (at least the ones I've seen) in this forum, most of them are for flat irons! Funny since most of us stay away from them like the plague...

:)

UncommonTart
November 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Why is my car full of hairpins? I neither take my hair down nor put my hair up in the car, and no one else I know wears hairpins, so where are all of these hairpins coming from?

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I need to find my disappearing bobby pins and scrunchies!

ssjhotau2
November 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I've only had 1/2 inch cut since August, yet my over all length is almost the same as it was in August.... so why are my bangs almost 3 inches longer than they were :mad: My bangs were 4 inches up from the end of my hair, now they're less than an inch.

Makes no sense to me.

Curlsgirl
November 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I am freezing but I can't take my hair down from my figure 8 because it looks terrible and needs washing. :mad:

Where are all my amish pins? Why can't I hold on to hair stuff?

Isblå
November 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Why did my beautiful wooden cobra hairstick have to break a long time ago when I last had long hair. I don't know who made it, since I bought it in an "ethnical/african" store which no longer exists. I want a new cobrastick!

Heidi_234
November 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I really really love the anniversary/progress threads. I can't enough of those.

Fencai
November 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I wonder why some times it feels soooo dry and then the next day is greasy?

I also wonder what my dad's water will do to it this coming weekend as well as the water in boston.

Monsterkitti
November 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Why cant I stop shopping for hair toys! Im obsessed :)

Crinita
November 18th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Why are people (non-longhairs) so completely baffled by up-dos?

Pax,
Crinita

jel
November 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Does the fact that I've recently been shedding *really* long hairs mean that I have reached terminal length??? shudder:

Isblå
November 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Does the fact that I've recently been shedding *really* long hairs mean that I have reached terminal length??? shudder:

I don't think so, it just means that it has been a long time since your hair was short:) However, that doesn't mean that you have not reached terminal lenght.

NightDaemon
November 19th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I sure am glad my brother (also a longhair, but not so much of a hairnerd) got my dad's 1b with baldness on the way, while I got my mum's 3a with no baldness in sight (granddad's got a white wire brush up there)...

Bene
November 19th, 2008, 03:48 AM
coffee/muffin money for the next month or a new nautilus???

peachy.pudding
November 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Why cant hair grow faster so i know if i will like long long hair or not, rather than waiting to see if i do

Bubbleguppy
November 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
why, oh why, does my hair feel the need to find it's way under my arm with out me knowing it until i turn my head? I guess it's a testament to how long my hair is actually getting, haha! And I'm wishing today that my hair was just a tad less slippery because the beautiful hair sticks i bought won't work :(

Newniepg
November 22nd, 2008, 05:05 AM
I was inspired by a recent S&D thread, so I ordered some proper hair scissors online. Yesterday they arrived (I get excited about post) so I washed my hair and sat down to snip off all of my split ends.

Except I couldn't find any.

My random thought is this: Why do I feel oddly disapointed?!

Curlsgirl
November 23rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
How come the right side front of my hair is frizzy and the left side in the front has pretty shiny curls? Did I do something different to one side? :confused: And how come I can't just wet it and get it to do better? :mad:

jel
November 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Roots. :justy:

I'm happy when I see them, as it means my hair is growing, but they look unsightly and that annoys me.

When I look at my roots in the sun, with all the sparkling gold and ash tones, I wish that all my hair was virgin, natural, multihued like that first half-inch. Then they grow another millimetre and the colour becomes too dull for words, and I crave the excitement of bold, rich, deep red, so I turn to henna and deposit-only colour.

Will I ever bite the bullet and let the virgin hair grow?

rapunzhell13
November 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I have a burning desire to henna my hair. Red doesn't suit me, but do I even care anymore? Still not sure I can be bothered with touch-ups though...

bjt
November 25th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Why are people (non-longhairs) so completely baffled by up-dos?
Crinita

why am I, a long time longhair, so completely baffled by up-dos?

Rahenna
November 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
*agree with bjt*
It's only recently (within the last couple of weeks) that I've started wearing my hair up. I still don't know how to do it myself... my girlfriend has to do my hair for me. I'm pathetic. :)

Curlsgirl
November 26th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I wonder why I kept trimming my hair last year when it really didn't need it. I would be beyond waist right now CURLY if I hadn't. :rolleyes:

Gothic Lolita
November 26th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Why keeps my grandma telling me that I'll be getting a headache from my hair?

I mean, it grow,s it doesn't suddelny jump on my head. I've time to get used to it!

Hypnotica
November 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'm very curious if the Mega Tek will speed my growth. That would be awesome!

AnneAdeline
November 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I need to henna my roots... and make sure to get the back of my head this time.

Arctic
November 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I love my hair! :inlove:

chrissy-b
November 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM
"You know what makes good hair for a snowman? REAL hair. Don't ask me why, but it works." -Jack Handey

Wait...these are random thoughts, not deep thoughts. :oops:

Arctic
January 1st, 2009, 05:46 AM
I had my hair in a half-up yesterday, it was around 0 Celcius degrees and very windy. I didn't have any hat so my hair was blowing in the wind quite freely. I was pleased to notice that it didn't become too tangled, and it didn't end up looking stringy. My hair type has changed over the years so much (much of this is thanks to henna, I believe!)!

jojo
January 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
why is it when my hair was apl i thought bsl was long and now im bsl it seems really short?